Vertical video option?
7717 5 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Praestigiator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1253468 ft
United States

Is their any physical limitation oh DJI allowing 2160x3840 video for short form?  The sensor appears large enough to support this and the current highest video resolution is only 2700 pixels tall making a cropped video inferior.  If not would DJI consider adding this in a software update?  It could be a relatively cheap value add for current and future drones to further distinguish them from the competition.
2022-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The only practical way of doing vertical mode would be to physically rotate the sensor, and that is just too complicated for the few who would use it. I suggest it will not happen.
2022-9-14
Use props
Praestigiator
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-14 15:38
The only practical way of doing vertical mode would be to physically rotate the sensor, and that is just too complicated for the few who would use it. I suggest it will not happen.

The image sensor is 5280×3956.  Could they not write software to take a 2160x3840 video?
2022-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They could for sure.
But it would take some (probably expensive) software changes to make this happen.
The fastest option would be to crop in post.

Now a 'true portrait mode' like in the Mini 3 is a very nice upgrade.
That is the feature I miss the most from my Mavic Pro.
Mainly for making manual panoramas with enough 'height' to only make one row of images.
But with the recent focus on portrait videos on the popular platforms, I could see myself using it for that too.
2022-9-15
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Praestigiator Posted at 9-14 16:00
The image sensor is 5280×3956.  Could they not write software to take a 2160x3840 video?

Do it your selves in the edit, this is a “pro” machine not a amateur kids machine.
Lucky us that it’s not in there!
2022-9-25
Use props
Praestigiator
lvl.2
United States

DRAGenDROP Posted at 9-25 10:17
Do it your selves in the edit, this is a “pro” machine not a amateur kids machine.
Lucky us that it’s not in there!

How did you managed to be so elitist and ignorant in the same breath?  The max video resolution is barely large enough to produce a 1440p vertical video when you crop the sides.  I want them to enable this mode so that we can have 4k vertical video.  This is currently not possible with a crop.  An understanding of basic maths is required to understand this concept.
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules