DJI FPV Goggle V2 in Audience Mode is low quality
2703 4 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

Wondering if anybody has any idea how to improve the quality of the video feed going to the 2nd pair of DJI FPV Goggles V2 set in audience mode.
I have my first set bound to a quad using a Caddx Vista VTx. No problems at all with this.
The second 'Audience-mode' set of goggles is connected and sharing the video feed, however, I'm getting the occasional loss of frames, pixelation and very slight increase in latency even at close range to the quad.

Looking in the Settings of the 2nd it shows Max Power set to 25mW. I'm guessing this isn't an actual reflection of the Transmission power as this is probably set by the 1st set of goggles bound to the quad.

Does anybody have any ideas where I could be going wrong?

Both goggles have the latest firmware, tested with and without the 1200mW hack on the goggles, and 50mbps hack on the vista. Audience Goggles are using stock DJI Antennas.
2022-9-14
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I looked at this in some detail a while back, and there doesn't seem to be any good solution. The communications architecture between the aircraft,  the two pair of goggles, and the controller, just won't allow it. There are some "correction packets" that the audience goggles don't get, and those are needed for better video quality.

Personally, I consider this a design flaw, or at minimum a problem that's ripe for high priority correction.

Someone once suggested that they let their "audience" use the primary goggles, while they fly the aircraft using the "audience" goggles. That seems like a lame solution to me, but it may be the best of a bunch of bad options.

What I don't know, is whether or not this has been improved with the Avata.

If there is an answer to this problem, I would very much like to know what it is.

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-15
Use props
vince.fpv
lvl.3
Canada

Chaosrider Posted at 9-15 10:08
I looked at this in some detail a while back, and there doesn't seem to be any good solution. The communications architecture between the aircraft,  the two pair of goggles, and the controller, just won't allow it. There are some "correction packets" that the audience goggles don't get, and those are needed for better video quality.

Personally, I consider this a design flaw, or at minimum a problem that's ripe for high priority correction.

Thanks for your response.

After checking a few other posts regarding the issue, it looks to be that way. Such a shame. I bought a second set in the sale to have some redundancy for work shoots, but was really excited to use the Audience Mode feature and take people on flights, maybe even get some new people interested in FPV. I hope this is something DJI will address.

I tried to fly in the Audience mode yesterday, and I have zero confidence flying in anything besides an open field, or high up away from obstacles.

I wonder if changing out from the stock antennas will have any positive effect?
2022-9-15
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

vince.fpv Posted at 9-15 11:53

After checking a few other posts regarding the issue, it looks to be that way. Such a shame. I bought a second set in the sale to have some redundancy for work shoots, but was really excited to use the Audience Mode feature and take people on flights, maybe even get some new people interested in FPV. I hope this is something DJI will address.

I had some improvement using higher gain antennas. I got these from GetFPV.com. Untitled.jpg
Don't know if they are still available. These are made specifically to replace the stock antennas on the DJI FPV Goggles V2. There were still problems when using these but it was much better than using the stock antennas.

When I demonstrate the FPV to someone I always use the Audience goggles and let my guest use the primary goggles. I avoid the close tolerance maneuvers. Guests seem to be more than satisfied with rolls, loops, etc.
2022-9-15
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

vince.fpv Posted at 9-15 11:53

After checking a few other posts regarding the issue, it looks to be that way. Such a shame. I bought a second set in the sale to have some redundancy for work shoots, but was really excited to use the Audience Mode feature and take people on flights, maybe even get some new people interested in FPV. I hope this is something DJI will address.

Maybe on the margins, but I suspect not a lot.

There are "correction packets" that the goggles need to get in order to "correct" the video image. I haven't quite figured out what causes the need for these packets, but apparently, the audience goggles don't get them, which is why the quality in the audience goggles is inferior.

I'm curious whether the new Goggles 2 has improved data architecture in this regard.

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules