Can’t record video/ Error msg
5683 27 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gazzpar
New
Australia

Not able to record video at any frame rate or resolution. The following error msg occurs after attempting to commence video recording: "Temperature low.Only available in 1080p 30fps. Record higher quality videos after camera unit warms up". Room temperature is 21c°. Have completed a factory reset which did not resolve the issue.

Error msg

Error msg
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gazzpar. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if this error message on your DJI Action 2 is showing in every occasion when using your DJI Camera for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
gazzpar
New
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 21:11
Hello there gazzpar. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if this error message on your DJI Action 2 is showing in every occasion when using your DJI Camera for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

This error msg has occurred only one time. I was not able to use the action camera for about 2 hours. The error msg has now gone. I think the issue was not a "low temperature" but a msg generated when a) the camera battery was flat AND the power unit was not able to properly charge the camera device (i.e. a connection issue between power unit and camera unit). Somewhere along my attempts to clear the temp msg I was able to connect to the MIMO app and noticed the battery icon level/colour ie red/0% and strangely the battery icon on camera device was not showing.
2022-9-14
Use props
gazzpar
New
Australia

2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gazzpar Posted at 9-14 21:18
This error msg has occurred only one time. I was not able to use the action camera for about 2 hours. The error msg has now gone. I think the issue was not a "low temperature" but a msg generated when a) the camera battery was flat AND the power unit was not able to properly charge the camera device (i.e. a connection issue between power unit and camera unit). Somewhere along my attempts to clear the temp msg I was able to connect to the MIMO app and noticed the battery icon level/colour ie red/0% and strangely the battery icon on camera device was not showing.

Hi there gazzpar. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these additional information about the issue. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Action 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-15
Use props
bingsoo
lvl.1

United States

the exact same error is happening to me now.
no battery icon appear on the screen, not able to record and getting "low temperature" error message.
how can I fix this problem? like gazzpar said, factory reset is not helping
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_8xJGBwJlarZP
New

United States

I have that same problem.  please help
2023-2-18
Use props
reranq
lvl.1
Russia

I have the same problem. Camera cannot record video, just flashing message about low temperature. Entire camera is hot, trying to rec a video indoor with environment temperature about 28 Celsius degrees.
2023-5-17
Use props
reranq
lvl.1
Germany

reranq Posted at 5-17 07:25
I have the same problem. Camera cannot record video, just flashing message about low temperature. Entire camera is hot, trying to rec a video indoor with environment temperature about 28 Celsius degrees.

a few details about situation:
1. battery level icon disappered from camera screen
2. in the mimo app battery icon showed but without level percentage (just full battery icon)
3. camera able to make photos and timelapse
4. camera able to work as a webcam with 1080p/720p resolution (PC connection via usb cable)
5. after some time of manipulations have both messages about low and high temperature at the same time.

2023-5-17
Use props
Blokbros04
New
Flight distance : 6004 ft
United States

I’m having this same issue with all above problems. Just purchased this DJI Action 2. I connected at first and now cannot connect to Mimo. It never displayed battery on screen. It won’t record due to “Environment temperature low. Unable to record.” I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully get an update.
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Blokbros04 Posted at 5-23 19:27
I’m having this same issue with all above problems. Just purchased this DJI Action 2. I connected at first and now cannot connect to Mimo. It never displayed battery on screen. It won’t record due to “Environment temperature low. Unable to record.” I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully get an update.

Hi, Blokbros04. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such an issue. We need to gather more details to further isolate your concern. Can you confirm the specific mobile device you're using? And what error message are you getting when you try to connect it? Also, can you post a screenshot/photo of the screen not showing the battery level? Regarding the error about low temperature, here are some basic troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. Perform a factory reset on the camera. Ensure you back up the photos/videos before doing so.
2. Check your current temperature. If it's too low, we recommend you record indoors and switch the resolution and frame rate to 1080 p and 30 fps, then check if the issue is resolved.
Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-24
Use props
Blokbros04
New
Flight distance : 6004 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-24 10:29
Hi, Blokbros04. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such an issue. We need to gather more details to further isolate your concern. Can you confirm the specific mobile device you're using? And what error message are you getting when you try to connect it? Also, can you post a screenshot/photo of the screen not showing the battery level? Regarding the error about low temperature, here are some basic troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. Perform a factory reset on the camera. Ensure you back up the photos/videos before doing so.
2. Check your current temperature. If it's too low, we recommend you record indoors and switch the resolution and frame rate to 1080 p and 30 fps, then check if the issue is resolved.
This is after a factory reset inside a house that’s at 72F. It got to 50% and stopped then said download failed. Last edit. The device is getting extremely hot while not even recording. Like uncomfortable to hold hot.
IMG_5212.jpeg
IMG_5210.jpeg
IMG_5211.jpeg
IMG_5213.png
2023-6-2
Use props
badbishop
lvl.1
Germany

Any resolution to this issue? I've just bought a dji action 2, and this thread basically describes my situation with that camera.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Blokbros04 Posted at 6-2 11:56
This is after a factory reset inside a house that’s at 72F. It got to 50% and stopped then said download failed. Last edit. The device is getting extremely hot while not even recording. Like uncomfortable to hold hot.

Thank you for the update. We will have this forwarded to our engineers for feedback. We'll keep you posted.
2023-6-3
Use props
fanse477b2c5
New

Greece

same issue appeared to my action 2 last saturday in a sunny day of 20 c.  Cant recording in any resolution and any try for update was failed. I communicate with dji chat and they told me to send it to dji service. suddenly today , when i powered it up, the battery icon appears and everything working fine like before.  I dont know what made it work.
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_APlg1kAf6C2j
New

Vietnam

I have same issue. Unable to record and factory reset did not help. Btw temperature is nowhere near low outside. Also, the battery icon is not showing. Pls help
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_APlg1kAf6C2j Posted at 10-12 23:18
I have same issue. Unable to record and factory reset did not help. Btw temperature is nowhere near low outside. Also, the battery icon is not showing. Pls help

Hello, there. May we know if you first start by recording at the resolution of 1080p/30 fps and below, can you select a higher resolution once the camera records for a while and the temperature rises?
If you restore the camera to factory settings but the issue reoccurs continuously or the prompt remains after the product has warmed up for a period of time, please send the product back to DJI for diagnosis.

2023-10-12
Use props
djiuser_3O8R5Rrqeawa
lvl.1
France

Same problem.
Battery icon suddenly not showing, it doesn't allow me to record, it says it's cold but it's not.
Any fix to this? It's just ruining my holidays...

2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3O8R5Rrqeawa Posted at 12-6 10:50
Same problem.
Battery icon suddenly not showing, it doesn't allow me to record, it says it's cold but it's not.
Any fix to this? It's just ruining my holidays...

Hi there. Please perform a factory reset once photos and videos are saved properly. If the temperature is too low, please record indoors and switch the resolution and frame rate to 1080 p and 30 fps, then check if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, it will be determined that the recording failure was caused by the low temperature. If the issue persists, it will be determined that there is an error with the DJI Action 2 color temperature sensor. Please submit a repair request for your camera to get fixed. Here is the link for you to submit a repair request: https://repair.dji.com/fr/repair/index. Have a great day.
2023-12-6
Use props
djiuser_3O8R5Rrqeawa
lvl.1
France

Hello,

I already did a factory reset, it didn't work.
It's not cold at all. It doesn't record even at 1080/30 or 25.
It only seems to record timelapses (and it even got warm). It doesn't seem to charge with the module.
With the Mimo app it appears the icon of the battery fully charged, but I can't record either.
It worked two days ago, but just all of the sudden it doesn't. It's frustrating that you can't get a device to work properly for more than year...
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3O8R5Rrqeawa Posted at 12-7 02:33
Hello,

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. I'm afraid you need to send the camera to the DJI Facility for further inspection. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_ePT3pQG7t2TO
New

Indonesia

djiuser_3O8R5Rrqeawa Posted at 12-7 02:33
Hello,

Hello guys, we have the same case. How's your camera doing now? Have you found a solution for this?
2023-12-17
Use props
djiuser_ePT3pQG7t2TO
New

Indonesia

Blokbros04 Posted at 5-23 19:27
I’m having this same issue with all above problems. Just purchased this DJI Action 2. I connected at first and now cannot connect to Mimo. It never displayed battery on screen. It won’t record due to “Environment temperature low. Unable to record.” I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully get an update.

Hello guys, we have the same case. Have you found a solution for your camera now?
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ePT3pQG7t2TO Posted at 12-17 05:13
Hello guys, we have the same case. Have you found a solution for your camera now?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried the suggested steps in reply #19? if the issue persists, we suggest sending your camera to the DJI facility for repair. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-20
Use props
jakubamb
New
Slovakia

Hello. So i also get this problem, when camera dont record and show error message "Enviroment temperatre low. Unable to record." Also the battery icon disappears. At first I try factory reset multiple times, did not change anything. Than I tried updating firmware via app, witch did not work.
What worked for me was disconncting the battery module from the camera, than let camera turned on until the camera battery run low and camera turns itself down. After that I connct the battery module back to the camera and plug in the charger. Than I turned the camera on and battery icon was back and it allows to record. After that I update the firmware via app and since than everything works fine. I hope this help.
1-22 09:01
Use props
djiuser_SiMbqwKgeggJ
New
Pakistan

Blokbros04 Posted at 2023-6-2 11:56
This is after a factory reset inside a house that’s at 72F. It got to 50% and stopped then said download failed. Last edit. The device is getting extremely hot while not even recording. Like uncomfortable to hold hot.[Image]

I am facing same Issue.
2-5 22:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jakubamb Posted at 1-22 09:01
Hello. So i also get this problem, when camera dont record and show error message "Enviroment temperatre low. Unable to record." Also the battery icon disappears. At first I try factory reset multiple times, did not change anything. Than I tried updating firmware via app, witch did not work.
What worked for me was disconncting the battery module from the camera, than let camera turned on until the camera battery run low and camera turns itself down. After that I connct the battery module back to the camera and plug in the charger. Than I turned the camera on and battery icon was back and it allows to record. After that I update the firmware via app and since than everything works fine. I hope this help.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience for the trouble that you had experienced. However, it's glad to know that the problem has been fixed after performing the firmware update. You may also check our recommendations for this phenomenon.

> Save photos and videos and perform the factory reset.
> Check the current temperature of the environement. If the temperatute is too low, it's adviseable to record indoors and switch the shooting parameters to 1080p@30 fps for further testing. If the problem has been solved, then it can be determined that the error refers to the temperature environment.
> If the problem persists after the recommendation, it's determined that there's an error with the DJI Action 2 color temperature. It's recommended for you to send your unit via this link: www.dji.com/support (Contact Us)

Should you have further concerns, please feel free to reach us anytime.
2-7 00:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. You may follow our recommendation posted on #27 for further testing. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2-7 00:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules