Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the wire to the Camera supposed to look like it's broken?
1495 8 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

Can anyone else confirm that if they look in the front of their Avata that the wire going to the camera looks like it's frayed or come apart?

I have attached some photos of mine using a small camera. I just noticed it today. The camera works fine as well as the gimbal but just making sure that something has not happened to my wires.

Thanks to anyone that can help me here.

Pic 1

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 3

2022-9-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine looks just like yours.

2022-9-15
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 05:55
Mine looks just like yours.

[view_image]

Cool, thanks for helping me on this. It's strange they did it that way, maybe they had issues with the gimbal moving if it was solid.
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You bet! I too thought that but when moving the camera up and down it has no bearing on the wire. Strange indeed!
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FPVTrendz. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for posting these photos as well. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Avata can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-9-15
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It should be like that otherwise gimbal can’t move freely
2022-9-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ARTPiranha Posted at 9-18 21:42
It should be like that otherwise gimbal can’t move freely

See my post above. There is absolutely NO tension on the wire when you move the gimbal up and down. The wire does NOT move.
2022-9-22
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-22 05:50
See my post above. There is absolutely NO tension on the wire when you move the gimbal up and down. The wire does NOT move.

That's correct, but the wire is like this to reduce the vibrations that reach the camera.
If the wire is too stiff, the rubber dampeners cannot work like they are supposed to.
2022-9-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

daishi Posted at 9-22 10:32
That's correct, but the wire is like this to reduce the vibrations that reach the camera.
If the wire is too stiff, the rubber dampeners cannot work like they are supposed to.

That makes sense, but I've never seen this one ANY DJI aircraft back to the Phantom 3's. And this is only a two-axis gimbal.
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules