Booster antennas
4090 7 2022-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.brands2.chello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438917 ft
Netherlands

Does anyone have experience with these booster antennas on the controller?
Alfa APA05.png
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there j.brands2.chello. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Booster Antennas on your DJI Remote Controller or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the DJI drone when in use and there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the said DJI product and can void the warranty of your DJI Drone as well. Thank you.
2022-9-14
Use props
j.brands2.chello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438917 ft
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-14 23:08
Hello there j.brands2.chello. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Booster Antennas on your DJI Remote Controller or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the DJI drone when in use and there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the said DJI product and can void the warranty of your DJI Drone as well. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen for your answer.

I know it's risky and also wonder how this product works for the receiving side of the controller. I'm not that scared of the broadcast side. Especially because I already use an Alfa product: Alfa Networks APA-M25 Dual-Band indoor panel antenna (RP-SMA) which gives me a gain of 8dBi for 2.4 GHz (and for 5Ghz 10 dB) and that results in a full 5 bar range up to 2 km! That's why I'm so interested in that booster antenna.

But I'm in no rush...
2022-9-15
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

I've already concluded that the drone antennas are weak, not the controllers.
2022-9-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Just hack the drone to force FCC, then you'll have max power both at the drone and the controller and thus, you'll increase the signal performance a ton.

Boosters are nice for drones that can't be hacked, but all DJI drones can be hacked to work in FCC.

Boosting the controller will make the controller signal go further, but the drone will still transmit a video signal at the same power unless you attach a booster to the drone too, so you'll need a bigger antenna in order to reach further.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

j.brands2.chello Posted at 9-15 02:56
Thank you Stephen for your answer.

I know it's risky and also wonder how this product works for the receiving side of the controller. I'm not that scared of the broadcast side. Especially because I already use an Alfa product: Alfa Networks APA-M25 Dual-Band indoor panel antenna (RP-SMA) which gives me a gain of 8dBi for 2.4 GHz (and for 5Ghz 10 dB) and that results in a full 5 bar range up to 2 km! That's why I'm so interested in that booster antenna.

Hi there j.brands2.chello. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-9-15
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I sent you a private message with information about the mod to add two external antenna sockets with antennas (2.4 GHz +4 dBi and 5.8 GHz +5 dBi) to the DJI Mini 3 Pro RC controller. Obviously this voids any warranty on the RC controller and is not endorsed by DJI.

This is the other option apart from hacking it to FCC mode.
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_BC0yiSk2g0Cz
New

United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2022-9-15 15:00
Just hack the drone to force FCC, then you'll have max power both at the drone and the controller and thus, you'll increase the signal performance a ton.

Boosters are nice for drones that can't be hacked, but all DJI drones can be hacked to work in FCC.

How do i do this? I have a mini 2 se so not a very expensive one. Thank you
1-13 07:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules