Avata - no video files - please help!
5423 13 2022-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenBethel
lvl.1

United States

On two separate days I took videos with the Avata... the amount of minutes remaining for video for internal storage has gone down in value, which indicates the videos are being stored somewhere....

On the goggles, when viewing files for goggles storage, there is nothing there.... nothing.

Please help... I cannot figure this out and it is very frustrating!  I know the videos recorded.... they must be there....

I tried connecting Goggles 2 to my computer using USBC, nothing - shouldn't the goggles show up as a drive immediately?

I tried connecting Goggles 2 to my phone - there's nothing in gallery on the goggles...

But there's noly 7 minutes left in the internal storage....
2022-9-15
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Unless I remember wrong but you can see the videos by going to the Albums page in the Goggles 2
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there.
This product supports inserting the microSD card on the aircraft into the microSD card slot of the Goggles to preview the photos or videos captured by the aircraft.
In addition, DJI Goggles 2 supports connecting to a computer to copy/view videos in SD card.
USB port computer: Use the Type-C data cable to connect the glasses Type-C port to read the glasses data.
Type-C port computer: Use the Type-C to Type-C data cable to read the glasses data.

Please check it and keep us updated.

Thank you.
2022-9-15
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

For goggles storage, you have to put an sd card in, there is no internal storage on the goggles. Internal storage is only for the drone, but is small for 4k videos, I would use an sd card on drone also.

You also via the goggles menu, have to select record on both devices when press record. Cant remember off top of head which menu its under.
2022-9-15
Use props
man2earth
New

United Arab Emirates

Running into the same issue. The googles captures the in flight view. But, can't seem to find the videos from the recorded flight.
The PC detects the internal storage when connected to the avata, for a very brief moment, it showed the video files. Now, don't see a thing.
Not sure what went wrong. I was told that formatting helps. But, need to retrieve the files before I try that. I see available storage 8GB, which means there are some files.
Suggestions on how to get these files back?
2022-9-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

enable recording on SD card into your goggles menu
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_nbmBlfV7tFyV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13799 ft
United States

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-15 02:46
For goggles storage, you have to put an sd card in, there is no internal storage on the goggles. Internal storage is only for the drone, but is small for 4k videos, I would use an sd card on drone also.

You also via the goggles menu, have to select record on both devices when press record. Cant remember off top of head which menu its under.

The whole photo/video thing is confusing...at least to me!  So there's no internal storage on the goggles...got it.  I took a few sample pix with the motion controller and it registered in the "count" on the goggles screen.  So if there is onboard storage on the drone (no SD card required), how do I get the pix (or video) out?  I tried a USB C cable from the small port next to the SD card slot to PC but it didn't show up as a drive.

What am I missing here??  Thanks.
2022-9-23
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

djiuser_nbmBlfV7tFyV Posted at 9-23 20:55
The whole photo/video thing is confusing...at least to me!  So there's no internal storage on the goggles...got it.  I took a few sample pix with the motion controller and it registered in the "count" on the goggles screen.  So if there is onboard storage on the drone (no SD card required), how do I get the pix (or video) out?  I tried a USB C cable from the small port next to the SD card slot to PC but it didn't show up as a drive.

Connect the Avata directly to a computer with a USB cable and the internal drive of the Avata becomes available as an external drive.  This is where I found the videos from the Avata -- though I also found the videos with the goggle HUD info on the microSD card in the goggles.
2022-9-24
Use props
JiminMorris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230 ft
United States

JiminMorris Posted at 9-24 18:19
Connect the Avata directly to a computer with a USB cable and the internal drive of the Avata becomes available as an external drive.  This is where I found the videos from the Avata -- though I also found the videos with the goggle HUD info on the microSD card in the goggles.

Perhaps either the use of USB C port on the computer end and NO OTG adapter on the goggles end helps...
2022-9-24
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

When you connect the Avata drone directly via the USB-C port to your computer - do not power the Avata on, not needed - the computer shows two drives. One for the internal storage and one for the SDcard.

My first flight was with SDCard inserted but when I removed the SDCard and put it into the card reader of the computer, it was empty. Because I did not select in the Goggles menu to record on SDCard. When connecting the drone via USB-C I found the video files.
2022-9-24
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_nbmBlfV7tFyV Posted at 9-23 20:55
The whole photo/video thing is confusing...at least to me!  So there's no internal storage on the goggles...got it.  I took a few sample pix with the motion controller and it registered in the "count" on the goggles screen.  So if there is onboard storage on the drone (no SD card required), how do I get the pix (or video) out?  I tried a USB C cable from the small port next to the SD card slot to PC but it didn't show up as a drive.

Make sure you are using a USB capable of transferring data. Some USB cables are only capable of power charging and not transferring data. As far as I am aware, there is no way to tell visually what sort of  usb cable is which especially if you have a pile of usb cables.
Its not that confusing, the Drone has an internal 20gb memory and a slot for an sd card. All drone footage is recorded on 1 of these 2 storage devices at 4k without On Screen Dipsplay (osd) but you have to manually change between internal storage and sd card via the goggles. To transfer footage from drone, you have to either remove sd card and put in another device, or plug a usb cable (capable of data transfer) into the drone (not the goggles).

The goggles also can record footage with osd at 1080p, but you have to put an sd card into the goggles to record to the goggles. I usually transfer footage from goggles by removing the sd card and putting in card reader slot on my pc.
2022-9-25
Use props
JeffB99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13799 ft
United States

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-25 00:59
Make sure you are using a USB capable of transferring data. Some USB cables are only capable of power charging and not transferring data. As far as I am aware, there is no way to tell visually what sort of  usb cable is which especially if you have a pile of usb cables.
Its not that confusing, the Drone has an internal 20gb memory and a slot for an sd card. All drone footage is recorded on 1 of these 2 storage devices at 4k without On Screen Dipsplay (osd) but you have to manually change between internal storage and sd card via the goggles. To transfer footage from drone, you have to either remove sd card and put in another device, or plug a usb cable (capable of data transfer) into the drone (not the goggles).

That was my problem...a cable that wasn't designed for data transfer.  Thanks!!!
2022-9-25
Use props
fans4248dc54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56801 ft
United States

The videos are being recorded to the internal storage of the drone, not the goggles.  Connect the drone directly to computer and you will see them.  You can change to record to SD card in the menus
2022-9-25
Use props
Trinity Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213478 ft
United States

Figured out the problem and found the solution... At least for me. So, like many others, I had the issue of having an SD card in my Avata, recording / taking photos, but not being able to see the images in the "album" section of the DJI FLY app. I also could not see it on my Goggles 2 "album" page. So, I resorted to the classic "turn it off and on". And whata ya know! It works! I can see all of my previously captured media in the DJI FLY "album" section.

Hope this helps!
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules