Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Anyone else seeing this?

For example, a flight today, on the DJI RC, it was showing a flight of 8km and max height of 100m, but on my iPhone and on Airdata, it shows as a flight distance of 125m and height of 29m.  It looks like its only uploaded the first 20s or so of the flight.

Clear the cache on the DJI RC, and it shows the same as Airdata, or iPhone - 125m distance, 29m max height.

I see this very regularly when using the Mini 3, probably 1 in 3 flights.
2022-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The full flight data will be on your DJI RC.
Sounds like you are allowing Airdata to download flight data automatically from DJI.
Try manually uploading your flight data to Airdata.
2022-9-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 9-15 05:26
The full flight data will be on your DJI RC.
Sounds like you are allowing Airdata to download flight data automatically from DJI.
Try manually uploading your flight data to Airdata.

Thanks for reply, but I think you've missed the point --The DJI RC is not fully uploading flight logs to DJI, and only uploading partial flight logs.  Thus they do not sync between my devices, nor do 3rd party apps like Airdata get the full logs....
2022-9-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TheBoy Posted at 9-15 05:44
Thanks for reply, but I think you've missed the point --The DJI RC is not fully uploading flight logs to DJI, and only uploading partial flight logs.  Thus they do not sync between my devices, nor do 3rd party apps like Airdata get the full logs....

I think you've missed the point.
What you've described is common.
You could upload manually to Airdata or manually synch your files to DJI.
2022-9-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 9-15 05:50
I think you've missed the point.
What you've described is common.
You could upload manually to Airdata or manually synch your files to DJI.

Well, if its pretty common, DJI need to pull their finger out and fix the issue!  I don't really see this when using other aircraft that use the other DJI remotes.

And how would I manually upload the flight logs to DJI from a DJI RC?
2022-9-15
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-15 06:50
Well, if its pretty common, DJI need to pull their finger out and fix the issue!  I don't really see this when using other aircraft that use the other DJI remotes.

And how would I manually upload the flight logs to DJI from a DJI RC?

I think the problem is the usage of the smart controllers, RC/RC-Pro.

This issue wasn't nearly as prevalent when using a phone/tablet that remained on, vs the smart controllers that tend to get turned off, shortly after use. Interrupting the upload process.

I have run into the same issue, and take note, verify sync'ed flight logs on a different device, usually cell phone or tablet, and if logs show funky, I start up the RC/RC-Pro again and manually push up the logs.

Sometimes having to delete the "corrupt" sync'ed log on the other devices, and clearing the specific flight in AirData.
2022-9-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

gulfpre Posted at 9-15 07:04
I think the problem is the usage of the smart controllers, RC/RC-Pro.

This issue wasn't nearly as prevalent when using a phone/tablet that remained on, vs the smart controllers that tend to get turned off, shortly after use. Interrupting the upload process.

Its less of an issue with the RC Pro, and when it doesn't upload, like the phones, there is an option to re-upload.  Can't do that with the DJI RC as far as I can see.

Be nice if DJI could comment on if they plan to fix it...   ...but I won't hold my breath for a meaningful reply...
2022-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did at the beginning but since I started clearing the local flight cache after syncing the flights the flight centre is super fast to load and Ive not had the partial log uploads.
2022-9-16
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 02:07
I did at the beginning but since I started clearing the local flight cache after syncing the flights the flight centre is super fast to load and Ive not had the partial log uploads.

Thank you, I shall give that a try...
2022-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 00:23
Thank you, I shall give that a try...

OIm not sure I recall the exact method,  but I think I turned off cloud sync from the controller,  deleted the damaged logs from the iPhone and then re enable sync on the controller and it re uploaded the damaged ones.
2022-9-17
Use props
sh0wtime_FPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209547 ft
United Kingdom

is this one of the things that was fixed in the new controller update?
2022-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 00:48
OIm not sure I recall the exact method,  but I think I turned off cloud sync from the controller,  deleted the damaged logs from the iPhone and then re enable sync on the controller and it re uploaded the damaged ones.

Thanks, this seems to allow re-upload of corrupted uploaded logs
2022-9-19
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sh0wtime_FPV Posted at 9-17 05:57
is this one of the things that was fixed in the new controller update?

As per usual, the release notes are vague, but fingers crossed.  I was 2000 miles from home last weekend didn't want to risk applying a new firmware, as DJI's history on not breaking things with updated firmware isn't good!
2022-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-19 03:29
Thanks, this seems to allow re-upload of corrupted uploaded logs

Excellent.  Since keeping the local flight cache cleared its not done it again for me.
2022-9-19
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-19 03:42
Excellent.  Since keeping the local flight cache cleared its not done it again for me.

And lets hope the new f/w for the controller fixes the original uploading issue
2022-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-19 03:44
And lets hope the new f/w for the controller fixes the original uploading issue

Ive held off that for now on the DJI RC as on the Smart Controller its unusable and had to be rolled back.  If there was a way to roll back the RC I would probably have done it.  
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules