Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata RTH doesn't climb to height requested
2345 10 2022-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7f270d33
lvl.1
United States

Anyone having trouble with the avata RTH not returning the the height specified before returning?  Mine seams to only climb to the default setting and then starts its way back regardless of what I have RTH height set too. I'm fully up to date on firmwares, etc.
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

RTH scenarios are all covered in the manual.
2022-9-15
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 06:31

2022-9-15
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Did you set the RTH as the Manual describes, and then it still didn't work right? TCS
2022-9-15
Use props
fans7f270d33
lvl.1
United States

I thought the unit was at the correct distance for proper RTH, but will test it again.  I'll follow up back here if I get the same results.  Thank you.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For reference I will post a link below where in you can find the DJI Avata manual and find information about the Return to Home function ( RTH ) starting on page 21. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2022-9-15
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

After range testing and flying low over a hill the video broke up, tried to climb but data link failed.
So I’m very happy to report Return To Home worker exactly as programmed taking it up to the programmed 80meters and started flying to my home point.
Video connection re-established I cancelled the RTH and returned to normal flight with motion controller.
2022-9-17
Use props
almostawake
lvl.1
Australia

I understand why First Officer @KLRSKIR says "RTH scenarios are all covered in the manual"
But this is a design flaw, not a user issue because this is an "edge case" that happens very often .. so I wouldn't expect to <need> to look in the manual.

There should be a bit of text that pops up in the goggles when you're setting this saying "This setting is ignored if you're less than 50M away".

I refer to manuals all the time, but not when the feature seems / should be obvious.
2022-10-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

almostawake Posted at 10-21 22:14
I understand why First Officer @KLRSKIR says "RTH scenarios are all covered in the manual"
But this is a design flaw, not a user issue because this is an "edge case" that happens very often .. so I wouldn't expect to  to look in the manual.

You certainly wouldn't jump in a Piper Cub without reading the manual would you? NOTHING should EVER be assumed nor should you assume anything is obvious.

As the kids say, "RTFM!"

2022-10-22
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 06:31

the 86 pages one.....
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_xkZ0Jjz5MUpP
New

Brazil

hi guys, so is it possible to make the drone fly to the altitude on the RTH even if it is within 50 M?
The support service said that it's possible to modify the distance by the DJI FLY APP but I haven't found how to.

thank you
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules