DJI Avata - Hard to Take-off indoors
3200 6 2022-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KleytonKivel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61995 ft
Brazil

I'm using the motion controller in Normal mode, and I manage to take-off a few times in a hotel room, take-off just fine up like a meter, and hover in the room just for a test.
Now at home, it's impossible to take off indoors, every time that I tried the drone didn't rise most of that 5 centimeters and star to go ahead until crashed into the wall.
I experience some issues like that outdoors too, some times the Avata starts to take-off but didn't rise enough and starts to go ahead, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because this is my first drone.
Any tips for the take-off?
Do you have any idea about the cause?
2022-9-15
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Calibrate everything and try again.   Manuals are HERE.
If that does not work then try re-flashing the Avata, Goggles and controller Firmware manually using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
2022-9-15
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your motion controller is getting interference, probably magnetic, you can check in the goggles. Indoor environments can throw up all sorts of interference. I think using the motion controller indoors is brave! I have flown indoors with the remote which is easier.
2022-9-15
Use props
KleytonKivel
lvl.1
Brazil

Recalibration was done, and more tests were performed.

Looks like the issue is with my floor, in one test I just use a blanket covering the floor and got a successfully take-off, but if hover away from the blanket the drone started to lose itself and crash.

My floor is kind reflexive, not much but looks like the sensor had trouble whit that.

Thank you for your tips.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KleytonKivel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI Avata indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-15
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KleytonKivel Posted at 9-15 12:31
Recalibration was done, and more tests were performed.

Looks like the issue is with my floor, in one test I just use a blanket covering the floor and got a successfully take-off, but if hover away from the blanket the drone started to lose itself and crash.

My first test at home finished with two "landings" on the back - I think it tails on the floor that bugs it
2022-9-15
Use props
KleytonKivel
lvl.1
Brazil

After carefully read the user manual (I should have done that from the start ).
I notice that the Downward Vision System consists of two cameras. The Infrared Sensing System consists of two 3D infraredmodules. The Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System help the aircraft maintain its current position, and the Downward Vision System works best when the aircraft is at an altitude of 0.5 to 10 m and its operating range is 0.5 to 20 m. The FOV to the front and rear is 106° and 90° to the right and left.

So if I manage to take of over a blanket and keep the altitude higher that 0.5 meters, I can flight normally inside my apartment. Even with the floor pretty regular.

Notice this warning in the manual:

The vision system cannot work properly over surfaces without clear pattern variations or where the
light is too weak or too strong. The vision system cannot work properly in the following situations:
a) Flying over monochrome surfaces (e.g., pure black, white, red, or green).
b) Flying over highly reflective surfaces.
c) Flying over water or transparent surfaces.
d) Flying over moving surfaces or objects.
e) Flying in an area with frequent and drastic lighting changes.
f) Flying over extremely dark (< 10 lux) or bright (> 40,000 lux) surfaces.
g) Flying over surfaces that strongly reflect or absorb infrared waves (e.g., mirrors).
h) Flying over surfaces without clear patterns or texture (e.g., power poles).
i) Flying over surfaces with repeating identical patterns or texture (e.g., tiles with the same design).
j) Flying over obstacles with small surface areas (e.g., tree branches).
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules