Is the anti-interference necessary with AVL58?
4629 12 2014-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
croioi
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi.
I have bought avl58, iosd mini and the dji fpv hub and i was wondering if the anti interference board is needed when installing these components?
I've read different things about this so I had to ask before installing everything.
2014-12-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Its actually a power filter for the Zenmuse gimbal. AVl58 is an analog FPV TX/RX system.
2014-12-3
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Denmark

Daninho Posted at 2014-12-4 01:43
Its actually a power filter for the Zenmuse gimbal. AVl58 is an analog FPV TX/RX system.

Excuse my ignorance but does that mean I don't need it?
2014-12-3
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

croioi Posted at 2014-12-4 02:11
Excuse my ignorance but does that mean I don't need it?

The interference board prevents interference and static from showing up on your FPV monitor.
It helps regulate the current between the gimbal and FPV transmitter.

Some say it helped get rid of the constant static on their screens, some say it's made no difference.
I'm the ladder, my video is perfectly clear without installing it. I would test it without the interference board (since it's added weight and point of failure) and check your video.

If it's clean, you won't need it. If you see a constant static on your screen no matter how close you are, you should install it.
2014-12-3
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

I agree all may be fine without it, but based on issues I had with a previous H3-3D, I suspect one aspect of the interference that board suppresses is regarding the gimbal.  The 3D's seem to vary unit to unit, and some of them have a tendency to buzz, and I'm guessing the board may help those gimbals.  

Don't think there are absolutes on this.  So much so, in fact, there is conflicting DJI instruction on which way to connect the board.

FWIW, my preference is to use the board, and separate the components (board, 5.8 tx, iOSD) as much as possible, including the wiring.
2014-12-3
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanks guys. After installing everything (except the anti-interference board) and setting the video transmitter and receiver to the same channel the video I got was flashing, rolling and full of noise so I couldn't see anything. After doing a reset on my new monitor it suddenly worked.
When out flying I noticed the gimbal was twitching up and down, especially when tilting up and down. This has never happened before. Do you think this could be because the anti-interference board isn't being used? I'll try to put that on as well.
Also I don't have the mini iosd yet so I tested without that.
I flew away about 200 meters and at that point the image was getting really bad. I should be getting a clear image much further than that right?
The video receiver was mounted on the back of the monitor with the antenna pointing up.

It was about -1 degrees Celsius and some fog if that affects anything.
2014-12-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-12-4 06:01
The interference board prevents interference and static from showing up on your FPV monitor.
It hel ...

i think it has nothing to do with FPV at all, its more a power filter that smoothens the power for the gimbal motors because with the old Zenmuse you have little short twitches sometimes maybe cause of voltage peaks from unfiltered power. The filter board do nothing to the FPV picture, the vertical lines are still there
2014-12-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

croioi Posted at 2014-12-4 20:55
Thanks guys. After installing everything (except the anti-interference board) and setting the video  ...

Hi Croioi,

could you pls advise which drone and which gimbal do you use? Also, pls check whether your RX and TX of the AVL58 are set in the same channel.  
2014-12-4
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

I'm using the Phantom 2 and H3-3D, they were in the same channel but it didn't work at first. After performing a reset from the menus of my new monitor it worked.

I installed the anti-interference board and the twitching that was happening on the gimbal was gone and it was smooth like it should be.

I don't know what is to be expected from AVL58 with clover leaf antennas but at around 400-500 meters and clear sight I was getting an okay image with the occasional flashing/rolling and noise that made it impossible to see anything for a second. I'm new to FPV.
2014-12-5
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

croioi Posted at 2014-12-5 19:55
I'm using the Phantom 2 and H3-3D, they were in the same channel but it didn't work at first. After  ...

i dont know how much mw power the DJI Video TX has but analog FPV is always low quality, you will have "snow" in the picture from time to time and when the phantom is pointed at you the video stream will get alot worse becasue the phantom blocking the antenna. This 5.8GHZ FPV needs line of sight as well, nothing in its way!. I installed a tilting mechanism around the Video TX and the whole Video TX with the antenna flaps down after take off, so the antenna is always under the phantom even when its pointed at you.
2014-12-5
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Strange, I've always read the anti-interference board reduced noise that caused rolling or static in the feed from high voltage. I never installed mine and up/down pans are really smooth.
Either way it seems to have solved your issues,  glad the board has improved your gimbal's performance.
2014-12-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2014-12-5 20:01
i dont know how much mw power the DJI Video TX has but analog FPV is always low quality, you will  ...

I have flown my P2 with the AVL58 out over 700m with out issue.  I do use the CP air antenna and a cross hair planer antenna on the ground end.  That may be the difference.
2014-12-5
Use props
ragutierrezr
lvl.1

Chile

Compre en B&H Photo Video, NY, un pahntom 2 completo con el avl58, la imagen tiene fantasmas, no se ve la imagen limpia como en los tutoriales, que hay que hacer para ver bien ???
Gracias.
2015-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules