RS Focus Motor 2022 don't get infinity focus
1264 5 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CircuitBoard
lvl.1
South Korea

I'm currently using a RS3 Pro with Lidar and Focus Motor 2022.
Lenses are vintage 60s Zeiss still lenses, which has short focusing range for 1m+ distance.

KakaoTalk_20220916_175848099.jpg
The problem is, Focus Motor 2022 seems to have a safezone for both of minimum focus distance and infinity.
Thus, after motor calibration in the RS3 Pro, I cannot get infinity focus. The motor always stops at 4m in MF mode.
Moreover, when I turned AF mode of Lidar, The motor stops at about 2.5m. That's a big problem because I cannot focus a subject even in many normal use scenario.

DJI you did make a brilliant product but I think you need to give us a feature that fine tune the motors.
I hope there will be a patch for this. Otherwise, The whole system is useless for me.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this. Could you please provide us with a video recording the control process of DJI Ronin Focus Motor (2022) to better check this issue?
2022-9-25
Use props
CircuitBoard
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 03:09
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this. Could you please provide us with a video recording the control process of DJI Ronin Focus Motor (2022) to better check this issue?

OK. video will be available soon.
2022-10-11
Use props
CircuitBoard
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 03:09

Video is here. As I demonstrated in the video, with certain lenses with short focus range, It seems safezone feature of the focus motor prohibits 2.5m+ focusing in autofocus mode and 4m+ focusing in manual mode.

2022-10-12
Use props
SeeMac
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

CircuitBoard Posted at 2022-10-12 06:09
Video is here. As I demonstrated in the video, with certain lenses with short focus range, It seems safezone feature of the focus motor prohibits 2.5m+ focusing in autofocus mode and 4m+ focusing in manual mode.
https://youtu.be/5ckawkXiV_w

Hi mate - have got the same problem as you - did you find a solution?

Thanks, Caleb
2023-8-15
Use props
CircuitBoard
lvl.1
South Korea

SeeMac Posted at 8-15 16:33
Hi mate - have got the same problem as you - did you find a solution?

Thanks, Caleb

Not yet. still suffering from the issue.
2023-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules