DJI Device not found
6069 16 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajadkins
New

United Kingdom

Please help I have received the action 3 and the Mimo app is unable to find the device - even if I browse in wifi I cannot see any network from it.

My device is a Pixel 6, and the Osmo Action 3, any tips would be appreciated.
2022-9-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Did you turn on Bluetooth?
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know the system version of your phone?
2022-9-16
Use props
brtk00
New

Poland

I had exactly same problem. Just got my Osmo Action 3 today and did everything to connect to Mimo app on Pixel 6 (Android 13) with no luck. BT is off, wifi set to 2,4Ghz, airplane mode on. Mimo is endlessly searching for the camera. There's also no camera in wifi networks.
SOLUTION (after 3 hours of fight): Downgrade to Android 12 or use a substitute phone. I installed Mimo on my son's Samsung A32 (no wifi settings changes or whatsoever, just bt turned on) and all went smoothly. Then I switched to Mimo on my Pixel 6 with Android 13 and guess what... it works! Camera activated, firmware updated.

It's a pity that I put myself in a software tester position paying own money for that. Shame on you DJI.

2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If your version is android 13, you can try to use another phone to activate and upgrade the camera firmware first, then connect with pixel 6 (Android 13)
Or you can try to update to our latest firmware via this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know as well.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

brtk00 Posted at 9-20 07:53
I had exactly same problem. Just got my Osmo Action 3 today and did everything to connect to Mimo app on Pixel 6 (Android 13) with no luck. BT is off, wifi set to 2,4Ghz, airplane mode on. Mimo is endlessly searching for the camera. There's also no camera in wifi networks.
SOLUTION (after 3 hours of fight): Downgrade to Android 12 or use a substitute phone. I installed Mimo on my son's Samsung A32 (no wifi settings changes or whatsoever, just bt turned on) and all went smoothly. Then I switched to Mimo on my Pixel 6 with Android 13 and guess what... it works! Camera activated, firmware updated.

Hi, there.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded your feedback to our team and confirmed that your operation works. And if you have any problems or need any support, you can contact us here anytime, we will help you asap.
Sorry again for the unpleasant experience.

2022-9-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

brtk00 Posted at 9-20 07:53

we notice some android 13 pixel phone has  bluetooth connection compatibility after android 13 releases (about late Aug.)  the latest Action3 Firmware solves the compatibility however the very earliest shipment does not meet the install of the FW.

u can use any other phone to active and update the firmware from Mimo , then the issue will be solved. After the update, the camera can be connected with any android 13 Pixel phone .

Sorry for the inconvenience.
2022-9-20
Use props
Luminko
New

United Kingdom

Actually disgraceful. Bought the new Action 3. Downloaded the latest APK from the website, still not working. It's November.
2022-11-4
Use props
Luminko
New

United Kingdom

Luminko Posted at 11-4 02:02
Actually disgraceful. Bought the new Action 3. Downloaded the latest APK from the website, still not working. It's November.

Found a really old phone in the drawer. Did as above and finally worked.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_n2sxFcacgUJk
lvl.1

Netherlands

I see these connection problem are there for years now. I can't connect my brandnew Action 2 i tried and tried. Nothing works. You seem to have a problem dji
2022-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI should offer an Ash.com file or txt file to unlock the camera, they don't causes these issues on the spot.  even their team here can not read you used a phone on the first message, go figure.
2022-12-23
Use props
tleonhar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6073 ft
United States

Just got an action 3 today, and guess what, same problem Both phone and tablet are set for regular updates. So today Feb 1 2023 the issue is still there, I'm now charging an older phone in hopes this cures the problem. By the way, it's not a bluetooth problem, my watch, earbuds, and hearing aids connect to bluetooth just fine.
2023-2-1
Use props
tleonhar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6073 ft
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2022-9-20 22:44
we notice some android 13 pixel phone has  bluetooth connection compatibility after android 13 releases (about late Aug.)  the latest Action3 Firmware solves the compatibility however the very earliest shipment does not meet the install of the FW.

u can use any other phone to active and update the firmware from Mimo , then the issue will be solved. After the update, the camera can be connected with any android 13 Pixel phone .

So why don't you offer an alternative way to update the firmware rather than causing us all these problems and grief?
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_Yl61LGdztVhZ
New

United Kingdom

Same problem can't activate to my phone

Dji  your  action 3 sales are ...more  return and then sales

Sort your software out..
Sent it back  
2023-3-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_Yl61LGdztVhZ Posted at 3-19 03:28

Samsung phone?
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Yl61LGdztVhZ Posted at 3-19 03:28

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask if the DJI Action 3 has been returned? Would you mind doing some troubleshooting to see if we can help you solve this issue? May I ask do you mean Action 3 cannot be activated? Is there any error message?
2023-3-20
Use props
Triplog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108481 ft
United Kingdom

In my haste and stupidity I've skipped the Activate page the 5 times (Mimo app wouldn't work on phone either). The Bluetooth isn't switched on.  How can I get into the settings to switch Bluetooth now that I have the app working on an older phone?
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules