Action 3 destroyes MicroSD-Cards
7988 36 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

In Action 1 and 2 I used successful SanDisk Extreme PRo 256 GB V30 U1 A2 cards.

In Action 3 all cards destroyed by formatting them. All my attemps to repair (format, chkdsk, diskpart etc.) are unsuccessful.

Is this a bug in Action 3?

2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please tell us more about the issue? Did you format the SD card on the computer? When you insert the SD card on the DJI Action 3, what message did you receive? If you could provide us some images showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 21:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please tell us more about the issue? Did you format the SD card on the computer? When you insert the SD card on the DJI Action 3, what message did you receive? If you could provide us some images showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Plug-in notice: SD-Card-Format not supported - try to format
After attempt to format: format failed

I never format sd-cards for my cameras in my PC. That I tried at first after the problems in my Pocket 2, Action 2 and action 3.
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 9-18 01:14
Plug-in notice: SD-Card-Format not supported - try to format
After attempt to format: format failed

Today I tested the SAMSUNG PRO Plus 256 GB U3 A2 V30:
No problems in formatting!
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 9-19 01:25

Now I'm trying to reanimate the SanDisk-SDCards with "SD Card Formatter" -> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 9-19 07:30
Now I'm trying to reanimate the SanDisk-SDCards with "SD Card Formatter" -> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

SD Formatter does'nt format the SanDisk SDCard: Formatting failed!
2022-9-19
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

They have pretty much problematic things with SD Cards. This came up with my Pocket 2.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S Posted at 9-19 01:25

Thank you for keeping us posted. It seems that there is an issue with the SD card that you are using as the Samsung SD card shows no issues. We will coordinate this with the team for further clarification. We will keep you posted on this. Thank you.
2022-9-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I bought a brand new Lexar 128GB card for using with my OA3, and there is no problem. Formatted it 3 times already.
2022-9-22
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-26
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

Had the same issue with the same card.  It worked when I plugged it in and formatted it when it was blank, but when I did a test to see how long it'd record 4k 60fps... (which is ran until the battery died), I tried to format and it failed.  Can't get it to format in Windows now in any capacity.  Can't get it to format in another device.  Really bummed that I lost a nice card...
I had 2 (SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 160MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA) that were working perfect with the Osmo Action 1, GoPro Hero 10, Insta360 X3 previously.  I've recorded and formatted numerous times.

Today I tried them in the Action 3.  Initially both of them formatted successful, green check mark and all.  I went and did some test recording outdoors and noted above and then after I tried to clear the card by formatting them, it happened to both of them and failed.  It's very disappointing to say the least and would be nice if DJI wouldn't brick memory cards that work in almost all other devices.

I've tried to reformat on my Windows PC with SD Card Formatter to no success.  Tried changing the letter in disk management to no success.  Nothing in diskpart has been able to allow for reformatting.  

It's a bit troublesome to me that this camera struggles with memory cards and bricks them after reformatting.  
2022-10-5
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-6
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

osmonauta Posted at 10-6 04:10
As I was reading various articles, it seems opinions differ. Some say not to format SD cards too often because the extended write operations will lead to premature aging and eventually failure of the card. Some say this is BS and you can format it as often as you want. Some say improper removal of the card from the computer (eg just pulling it out without ejecting) can also cause issues.

This is interesting because I never have issue formatting in any of my previous/existing action cameras.  I still don't have any issues with my Osmo Action 1 and don't have issues with my GoPro Hero 10 or Insta360 X3.  

When I had my DJI Action 2, I never had issues either.  I sold that though to move to this as I liked the traditional form factor.  I'm just really disappointed that formatting the card twice caused for it to become a brick and no other action camera did this to me.  

$75 down the drain.
2022-10-6
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-6
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

osmonauta Posted at 10-6 04:29
I do have to agree. That IS a lot of money! Isn't there a program that can check the card for errors? Maybe a low-level format? It seems there are quite a few programs being advertised for Windows that can do this. Or maybe contact SanDisk they might have a specific testing app for their cards that can maybe do some repair. For a card that costs 75 bucks I would not let it go that easy.

Yeah it was both of my 256 GB sandisk cards.  I thought maybe it was a fluke for one but nope...

I've tried multiple 3rd party programs but nothing works.  Tried the normal windows diskpart solutions as well and any of the common solutions you see within the first google searches.  

I was hoping I could plug it into my Osmo Action 1 and get it to format it but no luck there either.  They both are not unrecognized by any device I put them in.  The best I can do is get them to show up in Windows as RAW format but it does show 238 GB free on them when plugged in.  Working in IT all my life and I've tried all the old tricks and any trick I could find online and no luck.

I guess once I get a card in the Osmo Action 3, I will not format it if it's recognized and just mass delete files from here on.  First camera that has been problematic for me.  Love DJI's products but man this puts a damper on it a bit for me.
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

WiscoPaddler Posted at 10-6 04:35
Yeah it as both of my 256 GB sandisk cards.  I thought maybe it was a fluke for one but nope...

I've tried multiple 3rd party programs but nothing works.  Tried the normal windows diskpart solutions as well and any of the common solutions you see within the first google searches.  

The same experiences I made.
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_0fpX5R7weLwU
lvl.2
Czechia

Hey guys, i have same problem with sandisk Extreme microsd card. I exercised the two-year warranty on the card. And today I got a reply from the dealer. The card cannot be repaired and therefore I got my money back. I also noticed that osmo action 3 does not have this card among the recommended and supported cards.

Recommended microSD Cards

SanDisk Extreme 32GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 64GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas Go!Plus 128GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 64GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 128GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Kingston Canvas React Plus 256GB UHS-II Speed Grade 3
Samsung Pro Plus 256GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3

I don't want the problem to happen again, so I'll get and try a Samsung 256GB card. Do you have any other recommendations? Thank you
2022-11-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I bought the camera 2 months ago and I use a brand new SanDisk Extreme (not the Pro version just "Extreme") 64GB, U3, A2, V30 card. Didn't have any issues (...so far).
2022-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WiscoPaddler Posted at 10-6 04:13
This is interesting because I never have issue formatting in any of my previous/existing action cameras.  I still don't have any issues with my Osmo Action 1 and don't have issues with my GoPro Hero 10 or Insta360 X3.  

When I had my DJI Action 2, I never had issues either.  I sold that though to move to this as I liked the traditional form factor.  I'm just really disappointed that formatting the card twice caused for it to become a brick and no other action camera did this to me.  

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply.
If you still have the card that can be used for reproducing the issue, would you please help to provide a video of the operation for formatting and showing the result for us?
Please also provide a picture of the SD card, and help to export the camera log from the Osmo Action 3 for further confirmation.
The way to export the camera log:
1. Please reproduce the abnormal process first.
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”
3. Osmo Action 3: Use the USB-C cable to connect Osmo Action 3 to a computer.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 3 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 3 (internal storage).
5. Export all log files and zip them, and upload the files to Dropbox or Goggle Drive and send me the link here.
Thank you very much!
2022-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_0fpX5R7weLwU Posted at 11-23 10:37
Hey guys, i have same problem with sandisk Extreme microsd card. I exercised the two-year warranty on the card. And today I got a reply from the dealer. The card cannot be repaired and therefore I got my money back. I also noticed that osmo action 3 does not have this card among the recommended and supported cards.

Recommended microSD Cards

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can use the recommended SD card with the camera.
If the issue happens again, could you please check my reply on 20#, and provide the information and files to us? We will check the issue further. Thank you.
2022-11-24
Use props
Ceyx21
lvl.2
Philippines

I had no problem to format my Sandisc Extrem 256 Mo with OA3. It's not thee Pro version.
Sandisc has a lifetime warranty for the Extrem and Extrem Pro micro sdcards.
20220811_193927.jpg
2022-11-25
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Ha! I knew it! It was the cat's fault!
2022-11-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am using the 128 Sandisc Extreme Pro. I think rather than format I will just delete the files on a windows PC rather than format. Takes a minute or so longer but no big deal

2022-11-26
Use props
djiuser_looU4HgkYPjX
New

United States

I have Samsung Evo selects I put the 256 in my brand new action 3 and it only reads 238.6...when I put the 512 in it reads 477.3...what's up with that...
2023-1-9
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_looU4HgkYPjX Posted at 1-9 08:21
I have Samsung Evo selects I put the 256 in my brand new action 3 and it only reads 238.6...when I put the 512 in it reads 477.3...what's up with that...

Google is your friend.

https://platinumdatarecovery.com ... ace-than-advertised
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_wzrNw60S3TA2
New

Australia

For some reason my Osmo Action 3 won't work with my SD card, the card is (microSDHC) which it says it would be compatible with, and the camera says "SD card system not supported. Format and try again" can I please have assistance.
2023-2-9
Use props
djiuser_wzrNw60S3TA2
New

Australia

For some reason my Osmo Action 3 won't work with my SD card, the card is (microSDHC) which it says it would be compatible with, and the camera says "SD card system not supported. Format and try again" can I please have assistance.
2023-2-9
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

That particular card from that manufacturer is not supported.DJI has a list of supported cards on their website (sorry I don't have the link at the moment) under the Action 3 specs.
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_wzrNw60S3TA2 Posted at 2-9 17:59

What brand?
2023-2-10
Use props
djiuser_6afaVwryOyJA
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-11-24 23:36
Hi there, sorry for the belated reply.
If you still have the card that can be used for reproducing the issue, would you please help to provide a video of the operation for formatting and showing the result for us?
Please also provide a picture of the SD card, and help to export the camera log from the Osmo Action 3 for further confirmation.

Greetings.  I've now tried 3 different Samsung Pro Plus 256gb cards.  1 says SD is too slow and shuts the camera off.  1 now says SD format is not compatible and won't work until I reformat it in the action 3 but I lose everything I've already filmed.  The third I just formatted and filmed with and haven't encountered an issue . . . yet. I've done your post #23 and have a link but I'm reluctant to post it openly.  I'll try a personal message.
2023-7-8
Use props
thedvsmonkey
lvl.1
United States

I stand corrected.  I have now had all three brand new Samsung Pro Plus 256gb cards fail.  Now they won't work in any device.  Very disappointing to say the least.
2023-7-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

thedvsmonkey Posted at 7-9 12:47
I stand corrected.  I have now had all three brand new Samsung Pro Plus 256gb cards fail.  Now they won't work in any device.  Very disappointing to say the least.

There are some people having trouble with Samsung cards from before.

I use Lexar 128GB v30.
2023-7-9
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

thedvsmonkey Posted at 7-9 12:47

That's interesting. My Samsung Pro Plus 128GB bought from Amazon  (not Marketplace) works like a charm for some months now. Where did you get your cards from?
2023-7-9
Use props
thedvsmonkey
lvl.1
United States

DJ DJ Posted at 7-9 13:16
That's interesting. My Samsung Pro Plus 128GB bought from Amazon  (not Marketplace) works like a charm for some months now. Where did you get your cards from?

1 I got on Amazon and I believe it turned out to be grey market (I tested the speed and it was only like 6-8Mb/s rather than 130Mb/s), and the other 2 were from Best Buy.  The 512gb Sandisk has been working all day with zero issues.
2023-7-9
Use props
DynamoD2D
lvl.1

United States

thedvsmonkey Posted at 7-9 15:55
1 I got on Amazon and I believe it turned out to be grey market (I tested the speed and it was only like 6-8Mb/s rather than 130Mb/s), and the other 2 were from Best Buy.  The 512gb Sandisk has been working all day with zero issues.

I bough 3 Samsung Pro Plus on Amazon back when I first started using the DJI OA3; back in March 2023.

We're heading out on a trip and I bought three more like a week and half ago. I bought it from Amazon and it showed a new Pro Plus and an old Pro Plus. The new one says it's 180 vs 160 MBPS. I figured that would be awesome...Same price more read/write. Well all three cards are bunk. Old 160 MBPS cards still work fine. Beware of new Pro Plus cards...They are likely bootleg!
2023-7-12
Use props
thedvsmonkey
lvl.1
United States

Since I started using the Sandisk Extreme 512gb v30 card I have had zero issues.  No errors, no failures, no shut offs.  So much for their "recommended cards".
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules