Can't Update Controller 2
2776 4 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthewDPhotography
lvl.1
United States

Hey Everyone.  Hoping for some help.  I'm a Mac guy and I've tried getting the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV) to recognize the Controller 2 that I just bought to use with the Avata.  I've tried it on Mac and on a PC and I can't get the device to show up on either of the computers in the software.

Has anyone else had issues and figured it out.  Any hints.  Most of the YouTube vids are several years old or they just work the first time which is annoying!  Ha ha!

Love to get this thing connected.

Thanks in Advance!

Matt
2022-9-16
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Forget the Assistant program on Mac, it’s pretty useless.

Just connect everything as if your going flying, and connect Goggles to your iPhone or iPad with Fly app with USB C cable. It works, even had to update the batteries
2022-9-16
Use props
MatthewDPhotography
lvl.1
United States

CutAussie Posted at 9-16 13:28
Forget the Assistant program on Mac, it’s pretty useless.

Just connect everything as if your going flying, and connect Goggles to your iPhone or iPad with Fly app with USB C cable. It works, even had to update the batteries

The problem is the Controller won’t connect to the Avata or Goggles without the Update. Once updated, yes you can do everything through the app but it won’t connect at all without the update… as far as I can tell.
2022-9-16
Use props
MatthewDPhotography
lvl.1
United States

Update:  I was never able to get my Mac software to connect and I was trying to use a PC laptop for the DJI Assistant 2 software and it didn't work either at first... BUT I didn't have it plugged into power... just running off the battery.  Today I tried it again with it plugged in and it recognized the Controller 2 right away and did the update perfectly.  Maybe its just that PC Laptop (Dell) but for some reason, plugging it into power made the difference.  Problem Solved!
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your Mac and kindly please install the version using the link below? It seems that you are using a different version of the software and this might be the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules