Switching aircraft
1617 15 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J0NAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2111886 ft
United States

Hello,  I own the dji fpv anf I just receive the avata aircraft only, I was able to link it to the googles and remote now when I want to go back to the previous dji fpv I have to do a firmware update and re link it.  I have to keep doing firmware update everytime in order to switch aircraft.  I tried re installing fly app. Is this the way is suppose to be? Bevause if it is I will return the avata
2022-9-16
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No it’s not & there are one or two there having a similar issue.

I have the same setup and have no issues switching between aircraft, other than re-binding when changing between FPV and Avata.

When connected with everything linked, check all the version firmware numbers in the goggles against the list for the aircraft, with the published list from DJI.

Change to your other aircraft, link everything and again check the about & confirm the settings with the published list.

This should show up any items that do not carry the current firmware.

Alternatively connect each device to Assistant 2 to check one at a time.

If you still have issues refresh each firmware.

Don’t forget batteries have firmware too, they will normally update without being connected to the fly app.

Current versions attached.
032CD765-EA17-4258-AFF1-954102F70440.jpeg
E369BF31-DBC0-4D62-A07D-25279C92B19E.jpeg
2022-9-16
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

It looks like is not possible I contacted dji support.

Screenshot_20220917_094032.jpg
2022-9-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

J0NAS Posted at 9-17 05:43
It looks like is not possible I contacted dji support.

Wow! I hope this gets addressed sooner rather than later.
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Jonas. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It seems that you are now processing a replacement, before finalizing the replacement process, could you please try first to connect all the components via the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please update/refresh the firmware to the latest version and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-17
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

I will try tomorrow because I really don't wan't to return it.  But it sucks to go thru all this to switch from fpv to avata, and before i purchase the avata I chat with someone from dji support and I was told that having both drones in one google and remote will work.  
2022-9-17
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As I had a similar problem:

Did you change the aircraft model in the goggles under Options->About->Switch aircraft model before trying to bind the drone?
That solved it for me.
2022-9-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1. Change aircraft inside the FPV Goggles V2!

2. Restart FPV Goggles V2.

3. Switch on the "new" aircraft.

4. Rebind both (aircraft and Goggles V2) by pressing the corresponding buttons !!!
You need a pointed object to trigger this at the Goggles V2 !!!
2022-9-17
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

daishi Posted at 9-17 22:53

Did you change the aircraft model in the goggles under Options->About->Switch aircraft model before trying to bind the drone?

No I didn't will try this
2022-9-17
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-17 22:55

Thank you I will try it. So i guess I will always have to bind the aircraft wich is better than installing a firmware. Question when you switch and bind aircraft will the setting of each aircraft in the googles reset?
2022-9-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

J0NAS Posted at 9-17 23:07
Thank you I will try it. So i guess I will always have to bind the aircraft wich is better than installing a firmware. Question when you switch and bind aircraft will the setting of each aircraft in the googles reset?

No, fortunately not!
The individual settings for each (Avata / FPV) are preserved...

I use a "fat" paper clip to reach the binding button on the DJI FPV Goggles V2...
Unfortunately, that's also a bit "tedious"...

You know how the Goggles V2 menu toggle works...?
2022-9-17
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

Yes, thank you very much for your help, tomorrow I will do it
2022-9-17
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-17 22:55

Thank you very much, this was the problem I din't know I had to change aircraft in the setting. I wil be keeping the avata now.
2022-9-18
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

daishi Posted at 9-17 22:53

Just did it and worked thank you very much
2022-9-18
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 21:28
Hi there, Jonas. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It seems that you are now processing a replacement, before finalizing the replacement process, could you please try first to connect all the components via the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please update/refresh the firmware to the latest version and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Problem solve some guys here in the forum help me, I didn't know I had to switch aircaft in the google menu. I will be keeping the avata.  Also I don't mind biding the aircraft every time i switch but it will be cool if a future firmware could detect the aircraft automatically. Thanks for your help
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

J0NAS Posted at 9-18 20:06
Problem solve some guys here in the forum help me, I didn't know I had to switch aircaft in the google menu. I will be keeping the avata.  Also I don't mind biding the aircraft every time i switch but it will be cool if a future firmware could detect the aircraft automatically. Thanks for your help

Great! We're glad that you had managed to isolate the issue. With regard to your request, we will coordinate this with our team for attention. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules