Cannot get videos off Avata over usbC or QuickTransfer????
4640 4 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wutang2112
lvl.1

Canada

Just bought the VERY EXPENSIVE Avata with Goggle 2 and have tried for 2 days to get video files off the drone to the DJI FLY app on my iPhone. Have tried every cable with the supplied usb-c adapter to lightning for iPhone. Are you kidding me? I refuse to dig into the INCORRECTLY designed microSD slot that is tucked into the side of the inner housing of one of the rotors every time i need to get a file off. DJI Support please tell me I am doing something wrong.
Will return Avata and cannot recommend people from buying it if DJI cannot:
1) release firmware that enables usb-c cable transfer to iphone
2) release future firmware for cable-less QuickTransfer to iPhone FLY APP like other DJI drones

2022-9-16
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

Frustrating, yep. You need a "camera adapter" for the iphone. Apple sells their own, but search for iPhone SD Card. Look for one that has Lightning input as well as an SD card slot. This adapter will allow the iPhone to mount anything that is an SD volume (like the built-in storage in the Avata) to mount using your existing USB-C to Lightning cable.
I 100% agree there should be a wireless solution for offloading the Avata. Even with a 256G or larger SD card, getting that cover off and out of the way even infrequently will be too often. That port should be reserved for firmware updates. OTA updates would be better.
2022-9-20
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

Not saying you shouldn't be able to get the files off with the proscribed app and an iPhone, but plugging the USB cable from the Avata to any computer you can get the files off. The Avata shows up like an SD card named "Internal Storage" on your desktop.
2022-9-20
Use props
wutang2112
lvl.1

Canada

Cesium356 Posted at 9-20 18:23
Not saying you shouldn't be able to get the files off with the proscribed app and an iPhone, but plugging the USB cable from the Avata to any computer you can get the files off. The Avata shows up like an SD card named "Internal Storage" on your desktop.

The problem is that even via cable, you have to open that little inconveniently placed cover, plug in the cable and risk having that cover pop off during flight. Need some way to get the files off wirelessly, without having to dig in between the rotors to open that little cover after every flight.
2022-9-20
Use props
SydneyMocha
New

United States

I am simply having trouble once connected to Avata Drone with USB-c to at PC OR a MAC of seeing the 'internal storage" I will try the connection to the phone via the Apple camera app but it would be easier for me to go direct on a computer. Is there something wrong with my Drone that I can't see a directory? with or without the the SD card in? Speaking of which, I can remove the mini SD card and connect to the computer but there were no files on it, even though I recorded 6 flights (which were on by Goggles mini-SD card. But I want the Drone videos without all the data on the screen. How do i do it??????
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules