Impact Causing Flyaway Crash!?
1549 4 2022-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NONJA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41680 ft

Australia

During a flight in a local park with the avata & motion controller I impacted a post at around 9m/s, immediately sending the drone out of control, flying sideways roughly 30-50 meters away. Similar impacts to this have only caused the drone to bounce back and keep going. A few seconds after the initial bump I activated the break on the motion controller, this had no effect as I watched the drone fly away. Drone is completely fine as far as i can tell. Only a slight bump in the prop gaurd plastic. DJI support advised me to send it in.
Here is my Video.

Very similar to these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmK8KHxTGgQ - "DJI Avata First Flight + Crash / Flyaway"

DJI Forum "Impact Detected = Total Loss of Control - Nearly lost drone."

2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NONJA. I am sorry to read and to know about what happened to your DJI Avata and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Avata, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-16
Use props
fans9f363fde
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This could be a similar problem to what I'm experiencing where my Avata self-initiates maximum power when it encounters resistance to it's flight
2022-9-16
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

Says Battery installation error and then loses goggles transmission, the low goggles signal warning (might be cause facing ground?), maybe the impact dislodged the power connector for the battery, even slightly? I know before now, I have put battery in and when gone to start up, says same message and i have not put the connector in fully ie 85% of the way. There seems to be evidence of other battery issues after impacts such as battery ejection, maybe a bad design?
2022-9-17
Use props
bpaj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173914 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same situation twice now. Once ended up in the trees and ones almost going 250 m away again trees stopped it. I was pressing emergency breaks and N mode was initiated. The controller was connected but without actual input to the drone. Because of the last impact the camera and gimbal were completely ripped so that’s going back to DJI hopefully they will be able to shed some light on the issue.
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules