Does Cynova Adapter work on Action 3?
2010 9 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone confirmed that the audio/power functions of the Cynova adapter used on the OA work the same on the OA3?
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports several types of external microphone. If you haven't purchase one yet, you may try to check out our DJI Mic on our website. With regards to your concern, may I please ask if you want to use an external microphone via the cynova 3.5mm mic adapter? In addition, let me clarify this to our designated team if this accessory works on the DJI Action 3. I will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-9-18
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I will test this when I get my OA3
2022-9-18
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 02:04
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports several types of external microphone. If you haven't purchase one yet, you may try to check out our DJI Mic on our website. With regards to your concern, may I please ask if you want to use an external microphone via the cynova 3.5mm mic adapter? In addition, let me clarify this to our designated team if this accessory works on the DJI Action 3. I will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have ordered an OA3 from DJI and I currently have an OA which I used for aerial videography.  I have my airplane intercom and radio audio fed into my OA via a Cynova audio/power adapter and it works very well.  I am hoping to do the same with my new OA3.  Looking forward to the definitive answer to this question.
2022-9-18
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-18 05:31
I will test this when I get my OA3

Thanks!  Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The OA  Cynova adapter is supported by OA3. OA3 can use any digital signal typec to 3.5mm. those support DAC(digital audio conversion) all work
2022-9-18
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

finally got my OA3 and nope does not work with the original cynova adapter and I tried numorous USB spliters with power passthrough
and charging takes priority over the external mic.
Not sure if they can fix or add that ability, they should be able to becasue any newish andorid phone CAN do it.

Hoping Cynova can make an adapter that works with power pass through and a 3.5mm jack at the same time.

DJI, can you look at allowing a USB splitter to charge and use a mic at the same time or work with Cynova to get an adapter to market.

2022-10-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

try fitting it in, it does not interferes wit hte  lil orage circle part there called the frame,    rotate around no way will go on so  that is one reason why I see it in my hands not going on and if it did the  USB passwill not work
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_ozoRSdEpnM3T
lvl.2
Portugal

snorkel Posted at 2022-10-16 13:56
finally got my OA3 and nope does not work with the original cynova adapter and I tried numorous USB spliters with power passthrough
and charging takes priority over the external mic.
Not sure if they can fix or add that ability, they should be able to becasue any newish andorid phone CAN do it.

Hi,

have you find any way to use external mic an external power at same time?
2023-2-6
Use props
djiuser_SSBv0pFMNIBq
New

India

Cynova adapter is not working for DJI osmo action3 for me. Can someone please help in that?
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules