Mini 2 Drone literarily fell from the sky
1187 8 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MGPhotography
lvl.1
United States

Good morning everyone,
I've been flying a Mini 2 for about a year and a half now and it's never given me any problems at all.

Recently, I was up in the air about 30-40 feet and the drone started doing some hard movements on its own. After going hard side to side, it did a flip and a nose dive right into the ground. Needless to say, the drone is now inoperable.

I went back to look at the fly record and in less than two seconds it gave me the following messages right before it dropped:
"Sensor error" inmediately followed by an "IMU calibration required".

Here are my questions for the forum:
1. Has anyone encounted these messages while flying and how can they be prevented?
2. Can anyone share their experience with repairing their drone? Like how long it takes, how much it costs, and if it's worth fixing or is it better to just buy a new drone?

Thanks everyone. Cheers!
2022-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Upload you log to here and post over in the products section,  Im sure you'll find some help - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MGPhotography. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. DJI will perform a data analysis service for products under warranty to determine the cause of the accident and provide the proper resolution. If it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Buy the Mini 3. Hopefully the components it is built on are of better quality and longer lasting than of the Mini 2.
2022-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 9-19 02:39
Buy the Mini 3. Hopefully the components it is built on are of better quality and longer lasting than of the Mini 2.

Hopefully the components it is built on are of better quality and longer lasting than of the Mini 2.
Saying that doesn't make it true.
The components of all DJI drones are of high quality and longlasting.
When you don't know what caused the incident, it's premature to assume anything about the cause.
2022-9-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 9-19 02:55
Hopefully the components it is built on are of better quality and longer lasting than of the Mini 2.

Labroides don't know what caused the incident, it's premature to assume anything about the cause.

Yet he voice himself!
2022-9-19
Use props
MGPhotography
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2022-9-19 02:55
Hopefully the components it is built on are of better quality and longer lasting than of the Mini 2.

Thanks Labroides.

Sadly, I needed a drone and ended up buying the Mini 3 Pro before I found out what actually happened to the Mini 2.

I loved the mini 2 due to its size and weight and it gave me a couple of good years. I'll follow up with DJI and see what they say because I'm still curious to see what actually happened.
2023-1-31
Use props
MGPhotography
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2022-9-17 23:26
Upload you log to here and post over in the products section,  Im sure you'll find some help - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/

Thanks DAFlys, will do.
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MGPhotography Posted at 1-31 11:43
Thanks DAFlys, will do.

You're very welcome.
2023-2-1