Battery Installation Error
8085 22 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

I am getting this "Battery Installation Error" way too much.
I've had the DJI FPV since release, and got the Avata yesterday, so I know the battery connections need to be secure.
Even after pushing the Avata battery in very tight, and securing the connector (also very tight), I still get this "Battery Connection Error" multiple times.  
I switched batteries, and it does the same thing...sometimes it works and I can fly, but many times (not changing anything on how I install the batteries) it shows this error and cannot fly.

I will have to check if it is occuring on a specific battery (I have 3), but I think it is an intermittent error that occurs on any of the batteries.

Is this a common occurence?  

(Also, coming from DJI FPV, it seems like the tactile sensation is no longer there when installing the batteries)
2022-9-17
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I've not had that issue before. I did have it come up for each battery and have me update the firmware on the battery. I wonder if that caused a corruption or something? I don't know if there is a way to reupdate the firmware on the battery or not.
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Plasmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your new DJI Avata. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_XjIRyAhkaS8M
New
Flight distance : 36680 ft
Netherlands

What was the solution? I’m experiencing the same thing.
2022-9-25
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_XjIRyAhkaS8M Posted at 9-25 21:53
What was the solution? I’m experiencing the same thing.

Same here. Since updating the batteries.
2022-10-9
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I had once, and was my fault...connector was not all the way in
2022-10-9
Use props
Midbone
lvl.1

Norway

Hi.  Last night I I found "some guy" who experienced battery connector errors.  and noticed that the connectorpins on the Avata was pushed in. Now I cant find that youtube-video again.  I checked my Avata this morning and the one on top looks like it is pushed in.  Now I don't have a before picture.   that could mean a bad connection.   
2022-11-1
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Midbone Posted at 11-1 01:42
Hi.  Last night I I found "some guy" who experienced battery connector errors.  and noticed that the connectorpins on the Avata was pushed in. Now I cant find that youtube-video again.  I checked my Avata this morning and the one on top looks like it is pushed in.  Now I don't have a before picture.  [view_image] that could mean a bad connection.

It's normal. The bottom pin is for ground and is longer because it should make connection first.
No pins are pushed back, that's just a myth made by a dumb YouTuber.
2022-11-1
Use props
Midbone
lvl.1

Norway

Killerbee Posted at 11-1 06:05
It's normal. The bottom pin is for ground and is longer because it should make connection first.

Thank you.  That makes sense.   I was a bit worried.   Maybe I just didn't push it  all the way inn or it just wiggled loose.  

2022-11-1
Use props
MIKE FLYER
lvl.1

United States

Killerbee Posted at 11-1 06:05

Why would the ground have to contact first? That just sounds sus. I never heard such a thing.
2022-11-4
Use props
Midbone
lvl.1

Norway

I found the youtube video again.        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRvCEpesgLQ      
2022-11-5
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Midbone Posted at 11-5 02:00
I found the youtube video again.        

I'm in favor of IQ tests for Youtubers, what a load of garbage that is. This is deliberate, that 1 pin is shorter. I have the Multi Charger and there are all 4 as in the Avata, that would be extreme coincidence that it is a mistake.
2022-11-5
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

MIKE FLYER Posted at 11-4 18:40
Why would the ground have to contact first? That just sounds sus. I never heard such a thing.

You're not very experienced with electronics then.

It's longer than the other pin because when you insert the plug, the ground pin will first come in contact with the power supply, so that any unwanted charges which may be in the circuit will be removed(grounded) before the other pin makes contact.
2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_spsWpVsO9b0B
lvl.1
United States

If I push on the right side of the battery connector the error goes away. It returns intermittently during flight. It's definitely a connection problem, all three of my batteries do it.
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_g806tkGIQaJh
lvl.1

France

I had to push hard on the connector to make it disappear.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_spsWpVsO9b0B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-18 21:12
Hello there Plasmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your new DJI Avata. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

We have been waiting for the method to ship the Avata back. Cant get 2 flights without a battery installation error.  
2022-12-16
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same problem and it started when I bought the Fly More Combo and started using the loader which made it possible to charge 4 batteries at once.  I allready send 1 battery back to DJI and got a new one but also with this new battery and also the other 2 batteries i get randomly the "battery installation error" Sometimes it is possible to take off and the error appears after taking off and I could fly with it. But sometimes I get the error direct before taking off and that prefends me from taking off.  

When I used the charger which you can use to charge 4 batteries then the connector is not fitting proporly. I think that you damage the battery when taking the battery of the loader. Someone the samen experience?

@dji what do i have to do next? I allready had an replacement for 1 of the batteries but I think it is the loader or the drone itself? I have DJI Care but don't want to use this because I bought DJI Care for crashes. Can I send  the Drone and batteries back for you to test it?  
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_84IYItoSCbZH
lvl.2

Canada

Censurion Posted at 1-27 07:11
I have the same problem and it started when I bought the Fly More Combo and started using the loader which made it possible to charge 4 batteries at once.  I allready send 1 battery back to DJI and got a new one but also with this new battery and also the other 2 batteries i get randomly the "battery installation error" Sometimes it is possible to take off and the error appears after taking off and I could fly with it. But sometimes I get the error direct before taking off and that prefends me from taking off.  

When I used the charger which you can use to charge 4 batteries then the connector is not fitting proporly. I think that you damage the battery when taking the battery of the loader. Someone the samen experience?

Did you ever get this resolved??
2023-2-25
Use props
fans96c405bd
New
Flight distance : 1559698 ft
India

I was flying my avata yesterday it was a wonderful flight without any accident or glitches but today when I tried flying it it started showing battery installation error and controller sticks error
Please help if someone has any idea what to do?
Ps : All my equipments are in mint condition
2023-3-29
Use props
fans8386ce8f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

Had the same issue yesterday and it fixed by pushing hard on the connector.
2023-3-29
Use props
fans6c96d1fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
United States

same problem
2023-7-29
Use props
djiuser_2gguph8Fszzw
New

United States

I've never had this issue until the recent update. I tried all my 3 batteries and the warning never disappeared. Please do something with it.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2gguph8Fszzw Posted at 11-6 11:44
I've never had this issue until the recent update. I tried all my 3 batteries and the warning never disappeared. Please do something with it.

Hi, Sorry about the inconvenience. Please make sure both sides of the battery are pushed to the end and hear a click. The buckle needs to be pressed hard to the end. If there is a gap left by the buckle, you will get an error about the battery not being installed properly(Battery installation error). If the issue still exists after making sure it is installed properly and the issue shows on multiple batteries/ I'm afraid you need to send the drone for repair. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules