Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
self-centering throttle
1960 5 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barakgoren
New

Israel

hi, i just get the dji fpv and until now i trained with a PS4 controller on the simulator, and after the first flight with the fpv i found out I more comfortable flying fpv when the throttle is self-centering, is there any way I can set the drone that the center of the throttle stick is not 50% power?
2022-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI FPV throttle stick cannot be customized or changed. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-18
Use props
DronesJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4861152 ft
Canada

Hi, I think I felt like that initially too but I can assure you if you are using manual mode it is much better to have the throttle stay where you put it, the drone will always have a tendency to take off into the sky with it self centering.
2022-9-19
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DronesJones Posted at 9-19 05:41
Hi, I think I felt like that initially too but I can assure you if you are using manual mode it is much better to have the throttle stay where you put it, the drone will always have a tendency to take off into the sky with it self centering.

That hasn't been my experience. I've flown my FPV with no friction of the left stick at all. Right after I go into Manual mode, the drone has a tendency to drift up. I'm happy to have that be the "default action" for the throttle.

Recently, I've been practicing maintaining altitude within +/- 50 ft, over a course that's about a mile out and a mile back. I leave the throttle set, and see what angle produces level flight with that power. It turns out to be 50 - 55 mph speed, when I get the angle set right for that power setting to produce level flight.

At this point I like the "no friction" setting better. To be fair, I don't do any acro, and I can see why the throttle friction thing might be helpful for that.

I still land my FPV in Normal mode, and doing that with the throttle friction applied was a bit annoying.

YMMV

TCS
2022-9-19
Use props
DronesJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4861152 ft
Canada

Chaosrider Posted at 9-19 08:04
That hasn't been my experience. I've flown my FPV with no friction of the left stick at all. Right after I go into Manual mode, the drone has a tendency to drift up. I'm happy to have that be the "default action" for the throttle.

Recently, I've been practicing maintaining altitude within +/- 50 ft, over a course that's about a mile out and a mile back. I leave the throttle set, and see what angle produces level flight with that power. It turns out to be 50 - 55 mph speed, when I get the angle set right for that power setting to produce level flight.

I think that makes a big difference, if you are hitting gaps and doing freestyle, the tendency to always ascend will cause a crash.. For purely cinematic flying with nothing ever above the drone, it could be just as safe with the drone wanting to ascend.
2022-9-19
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

That's most of my flying, although "sightseeing" is probably a better term than "cinematic"! I'm just not that good with planned photography.

Good point about the flying under things though, I hadn't considered that specific use case.

Thx!

TCS
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules