New Drone (Part) Owner & Forum Member
429 3 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywolf68
New

United States

Hi all,
I finally bit the bullet and helped my adult daughter get a DJI drone, a Mini 2.  She's been using her University's Phantom(?) and will need for research and eventually employment, so she's learning on this one.  I'll occasionally use for railfanning/train chasing, so I don't do any trespassing.  Now, I just need to learn how to... you name it.  In any case, figured I'd do a "new forum member" post to break into here, while lurking about and learning from all you veterans.  Advice on how to safely do the train photos/videos always welcome.  TIA!

NDW
2022-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the club Skywolf68,  make sure you check out the Works and Products section.  
2022-9-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and to drone flying Skywolf68.  

A few tips that apply are:
1 - If it’s your first time flying make sure you practice in a field far away from people, cars and houses. It’s all about muscle memory.  Practice, practice, practice.
2 - Depending on where you fly - know the rules.  
3 - Plan each shot before you take off.  Like any shoot the more you plan the better the results will be (keep spare batteries to hand too).
4 - This is an obvious one but always check the weather conditions before flying the drone.  It can be unsafe to fly in high winds and more than likely the footage will be unusable.
5 -  If you want to produce something amazing it’s got to start with a great idea. Always put the shots and story before the tools.
6 - ALWAYS FLY SAFELY.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Skywolf68. Good day and welcome to DJI Forum. It would be best to create a pre flight checklist before flying your DJI Mini 2 for you to have a great flying experience. For reference, I will post a pre flight checklist for the DJI Mini 2 below and kindly please check your if your microSD card is inserted in to the DJI Mini 2 as well for you not to miss all of the memorable videos and photos that you will be filming and capturing. Thank you and keep safe always. . Thank you.

2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules