When I turn on head tracking nothing works
3369 15 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lone droner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1871276 ft
United States

Is there anything I could do to make head tracking work I click on it but no head movements to anything am I missing something
2022-9-17
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Did work for me. I am not aware of having done anything special.
Felt overwhelmed during my first flight however, given that the controller tells where to fly and the head tracking where to look at. The intention of the feature is clear. If you sit in an airplane, it goes where the stick tells, even if you look outside the left window.
2022-9-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the motion controller? Does not work with the FPV Controller 2.
If so,  make sure when you dismiss the menu with 2 fingers you are not disabling it on accident.
2022-9-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bob Brown Posted at 9-18 04:27
Are you using the motion controller? Does not work with the FPV Controller 2.
If so,  make sure when you dismiss the menu with 2 fingers you are not disabling it on accident.

That icon should not be displayed if the "false" controller is in use...!
2022-9-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does it work with both goggles 2 and v2 ?
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are flying in an open wide area? Also, may I please ask what controller are you using with the DJI Avata? Please note that the Head Tracking is not compatible when using the DJI FPV Remote controller 2. Lastly, for you to perform the head-tracking feature, you need to go to the home screen of the goggles, swipe down from the top of the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu, and enable Head Tracking. Then you can use the Motion Controller to control the flight direction, and the horizontal orientation of the aircraft and gimbal tilt can be controlled through head movements. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-18 22:16
Does it work with both goggles 2 and v2 ?

... only with the new ones!
2022-9-18
Use props
lone droner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1871276 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 22:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are flying in an open wide area? Also, may I please ask what controller are you using with the DJI Avata? Please note that the Head Tracking is not compatible when using the DJI FPV Remote controller 2. Lastly, for you to perform the head-tracking feature, you need to go to the home screen of the goggles, swipe down from the top of the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu, and enable Head Tracking. Then you can use the Motion Controller to control the flight direction, and the horizontal orientation of the aircraft and gimbal tilt can be controlled through head movements. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thx. I got it
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Perfect! Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_T7lkUpbAxsnu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1297034 ft
United States

I'd like to add to this post because my problem is the same Iturn on head tracking and when I move my head nothing happens.  

It was working.  Now it's not.  

Avata + motion + G2 + fly more package

Please advise thanks
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_T7lkUpbAxsnu Posted at 3-12 08:53
I'd like to add to this post because my problem is the same Iturn on head tracking and when I move my head nothing happens.  

It was working.  Now it's not.  

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such a concern. To use head tracking, go to the home screen of the goggles, swipe down from the top of the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu, and enable Head Tracking. Then you can use the Motion Controller to control the flight direction, and the horizontal orientation of the aircraft and gimbal tilt can be controlled through head movements. Please ensure that your firmware is up-to-date. If the issue remains, please record an operation video for further checking. Thank you.
2023-3-12
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Are you using the motion controller?
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_T7lkUpbAxsnu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1297034 ft
United States

Sorry to keep you all hanging.  A power cycle of the aircraft fixed the issue
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_T7lkUpbAxsnu Posted at 3-29 05:16
Sorry to keep you all hanging.  A power cycle of the aircraft fixed the issue

Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-16
Use props
Swoon Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1189902 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-12 22:16
Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such a concern. To use head tracking, go to the home screen of the goggles, swipe down from the top of the touch panel to enter the shortcut menu, and enable Head Tracking. Then you can use the Motion Controller to control the flight direction, and the horizontal orientation of the aircraft and gimbal tilt can be controlled through head movements. Please ensure that your firmware is up-to-date. If the issue remains, please record an operation video for further checking. Thank you.

This is such a vague reply. WHAT SHORTCUT MENU!? WHICH PART OF THE SHORTCUT MENU!? I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE MENU AND THERE IS NOTHING TO SELECT HEADTRACKING.

ARE YOU A DJI CUSTOMER SUPPORT PERSON? JESUS! EITHER WYA, DON'T BE FCKING VAGUE!!!!
4-19 19:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Swoon Drones Posted at 4-19 19:01
This is such a vague reply. WHAT SHORTCUT MENU!? WHICH PART OF THE SHORTCUT MENU!? I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE MENU AND THERE IS NOTHING TO SELECT HEADTRACKING.

ARE YOU A DJI CUSTOMER SUPPORT PERSON? JESUS! EITHER WYA, DON'T BE FCKING VAGUE!!!!

Hi, Swoon Drones. Sorry about the trouble. The Shortcut Menu can be found if you swipe down from the top of your touch panel as stated above. Please refer to the image below:

We recommend checking the User Manual that is available online for you to check anytime. Here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
4-20 04:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules