Have to calibrate RC compass everytime....
1377 13 2022-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, this is becoming monotonous and tiresome now, I have to calibrate the DJI RC compass every new session, I'm not talking about every flight, but sessions where there are days or maybe a week in between. Not tried the very next day to be fair but as it stands, every time I go to use it on a new day, I have to calibrate the RC compass and theres another problem, It ALWAYS says the compass is Normal and does not calibrate so that right there is bull poop because it clearly isn't normal, so I have to force a calibration by moving a magnet over the back (bottom) of the controller, only then will it allow me to calibrate it and that brings me back to the original issue, even after calibration, the RC indicator on the radar is still not spot on, it can be off by about 10-20 degrees*, you can tell this because the when its green, it will be green for more degrees one way than the other, i.e. its mostly about 30 degrees to the left of the drone and about 5 degrees* to the right of the drone. So, as you may or may not know, this is a problem when trying to get the best signal, and it's totally useless when a disconnect happens, 3 seconds and it's returning home. Had the compass been spot on then I would know whether or not I had the best alignment possible.

The above issue has been going on for long enough now I think there have been 2 definite RC updates and it's still the same, it is ruining the experience for me as I use the Flight Attitude Radar all the time, even when closer in I use it as I'm normally behind greenery etc so acquiring the best alignment is imperative and even more so with this Mini 3 Pro.

I do not have this issue with the N1 RC and my Note 20 Ultra, the compass is spot on

*estimated amount.
2022-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps the .450 firmware might fix this Bashy.
2022-9-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 23:37
Perhaps the .450 firmware might fix this Bashy.

Is that what i installed yesterday (latest version) or is there a new new one lol
2022-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-18 00:14
Is that what i installed yesterday (latest version) or is there a new new one lol

That one came out yesterday.   I assume by that then the general bug fixes didnt include the compass.
2022-9-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-18 00:16
That one came out yesterday.   I assume by that then the general bug fixes didnt include the compass.

Deffo not resolved, they just need to adjust the direct a bit more to get it more centralised, i don't think we will ever see a better resolution with regards to the jerky compass, i.e. on the N1 RC its nice and smooth when changing direction...
2022-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-18 00:24
Deffo not resolved, they just need to adjust the direct a bit more to get it more centralised, i don't think we will ever see a better resolution with regards to the jerky compass, i.e. on the N1 RC its nice and smooth when changing direction...

Probably a better compass in your phone than the controller then.
2022-9-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-18 00:27
Probably a better compass in your phone than the controller then.

Yeah, thats my guess for sure, no excuse for the dicky arrow direction though, this should have been resolved long ago, having to calibrate for every session is just terrible, ok, it doesn't stop flying but it sure doesn't help with the enjoyment

Ya know, i would be happy with more incremental updates than one big one as long as we could roll back if sommat broke.
2022-9-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

On my RC Pro, I have noticed that the compass "wanders". It starts a little bit off then after a couple minutes it comes to a pretty accurate heading. It just takes time.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. When the compass status is normal, after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful” is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required. If there is a compass error that needs calibration, a calibration prompt will appear on the DJI RC. At this point, please follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 22:07
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. When the compass status is normal, after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful” is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required. If there is a compass error that needs calibration, a calibration prompt will appear on the DJI RC. At this point, please follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass. Thank you for your valued support.

HI,

re "after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful” is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required"

Clearly is incorrect because it does need calibrating else the RC indicator on the radar would be pointing centrally at the drone.
2022-9-18
Use props
vivexx
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 22:07
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. When the compass status is normal, after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful” is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required. If there is a compass error that needs calibration, a calibration prompt will appear on the DJI RC. At this point, please follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello!
I support the topic starter and ask to make the possibility of forced compass calibration when the pilot considers it necessary

My compass on DJI RC is inaccurate too and i can't recalibrate it, just because the application believes that no calibration action is required
2022-9-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Bashy Posted at 9-18 22:34
HI,

re "after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful” is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required"

Do you have some magnets in underwear ? Or your belt? )))....
Joking, but I had a belt with magnet closing....guess what...my compass was everywhere... Took me 20 minutes to realize why )))))
2022-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-19 03:16
Do you have some magnets in underwear ? Or your belt? )))....
Joking, but I had a belt with magnet closing....guess what...my compass was everywhere... Took me 20 minutes to realize why )))))

Nope, only my Galaxy watch and a pair of shorts when in my garden
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

vivexx Posted at 9-19 02:36
Hello!
I support the topic starter and ask to make the possibility of forced compass calibration when the pilot considers it necessary

Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules