RC Screen Video Recording Download to Iphone
1448 11 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

I have a Mini 3 Pro RC.
I've been recording screens on the RC as video mp4.  I have not found a way to download to Iphone or computer.  On the RC I click on the Bluthooth icon, it sees my phone and tries to download to phone and then it gives me an unsecesful error message.  Can someone please help with detail steps on how I can get my screen capture recordings to my phone?  

I managed to record screens with sound and when I look at the memory card on the computer there is an mp4 that is labeled screen but when I play it only has the sound recording but no video.

Apprecciate the help.

Thank you,
Jim B.
2022-9-18
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sounds like your trying to play a video that your pc can't handle?
2022-9-18
Use props
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

The pc can handle the  issue is the memory card has the sound only.  I would like to download from the RC controller but it gives  me a bluetooth error.  this only happens on screen videos because the controller works when downloading images from drone and RC.  Thanks for the help.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you experience this downloading issue (DJI RC to Phone) with all of your photos and videos? or does this only appear when downloading the screen recording file? In addition, the screenshot and screen recording functions are only available after installing a microSD card. Kindly please remove your SD card and please back up all the files and try to reformat it to see if that works. Lastly, you may check the file path below for you to get the screenshot and screen recording files. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Screen recording resolution: 540P (960x540);
Screenshot resolution: 1080P (1920x1080);

Screenshots are stored at DJI RC\SanDisk SD Card\Pictures\Screenshots

Screen recording footage are stored at DJI RC\SanDisk SD Card\Movies .
2022-9-18
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28862 ft
United States

Saved this screenshot recently from an article on where files are saved.
I assume migrated means between RC/phone and drone.
If this is correct screenshots/videos are not saved on SD card?
Pardon the poor screenshot quality, had to work around unwanted info on the screen.

Files and where they are stored.jpg
2022-9-19
Use props
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 21:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you experience this downloading issue (DJI RC to Phone) with all of your photos and videos? or does this only appear when downloading the screen recording file? In addition, the screenshot and screen recording functions are only available after installing a microSD card. Kindly please remove your SD card and please back up all the files and try to reformat it to see if that works. Lastly, you may check the file path below for you to get the screenshot and screen recording files. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Screen recording resolution: 540P (960x540);

Hello,   Yes the issue is downloading from DJI RC as well as from the Drone to iPhone.  
All Firmware up to date.  Bluetooth is paired correctly and connected.

Drone:  Pictures and videos record well.  When trying to download via Bluetooth from Drone to iPhone the message says successful.  But it was not, it downloaded to the RC Card.  Removed Drone Card, installed on my computer and copied the files which showed up fine.

RC:  Pictures and Screen shots will not download via Bluetooth.  Error messages of unsuccessful.  Removed card from RC, installed on computer I was able to see the Screen shot but the Screen Video there was no image even though it played.

The RC memory card was re formatted several times but the same scenario happens.
Thank you for trying to help.  Jim B.
2022-9-19
Use props
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

Wbear Posted at 9-19 05:14
Saved this screenshot recently from an article on where files are saved.
I assume migrated means between RC/phone and drone.
If this is correct screenshots/videos are not saved on SD card?

I don't think it's correct because the screenshots are saved on the card. The screen videos are corrupted somehow when viewing off the card on a computer but if card is inserted in the RC I'm able to see and play the screen videos.
Thanks for the image.
2022-9-19
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28862 ft
United States

Lungs Posted at 9-19 06:05

I don't think it's correct because the screenshots are saved on the card. The screen videos are corrupted somehow when viewing off the card on a computer but if card is inserted in the RC I'm able to see and play the screen videos.

Perhaps the article I took the screenshot from concerned the Mini or Mini 2 instead of Mini 3 pro and I failed to note that when I filed it away. I used to have a memory like a steel trap but not so much anymore!
2022-9-19
Use props
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

Wbear Posted at 9-19 09:58
Perhaps the article I took the screenshot from concerned the Mini or Mini 2 instead of Mini 3 pro and I failed to note that when I filed it away. I used to have a memory like a steel trap but not so much anymore!

I hear you.  I'm retired, my mind and body does not want to accept it. I tell everyone I can't remember past 15 minutes unless I take notes.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lungs Posted at 9-19 05:58
Hello,   Yes the issue is downloading from DJI RC as well as from the Drone to iPhone.  
All Firmware up to date.  Bluetooth is paired correctly and connected.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists? If you have a spare SD card there that we can try to use for us to further isolate the issue. In addition, kindly please download the VLC media player or use a different media player to playback the screen video recording to see if there are some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
Lungs
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 02:44
Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device and check if the issue persists? If you have a spare SD card there that we can try to use for us to further isolate the issue. In addition, kindly please download the VLC media player or use a different media player to playback the screen video recording to see if there are some changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Update:  Downloaded the VLC to my windows 8.1.  I took the card off the RC and downloaded to the computer.  The VLC plays and I hear the sound however the video has corrupted squares but you can at least see some spots of the video on the background.

I managed to upload the same file from my computer to my IPhone and save on my albums.  The screen capture video and sound play perfectly!  Go figure.  If would be nice if I can get Bluetooth to work from the RC controller to download strait to the iPhone not having to jump through hoops.

I'm also not being able to download the videos from the drone via Bluetooth but I did find out that if I download the GoFly app for the iPhone it will connect with the drone and download to the phone.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lungs Posted at 9-21 10:56
Update:  Downloaded the VLC to my windows 8.1.  I took the card off the RC and downloaded to the computer.  The VLC plays and I hear the sound however the video has corrupted squares but you can at least see some spots of the video on the background.

I managed to upload the same file from my computer to my IPhone and save on my albums.  The screen capture video and sound play perfectly!  Go figure.  If would be nice if I can get Bluetooth to work from the RC controller to download strait to the iPhone not having to jump through hoops.

Thank you for keeping us posted. I will take note of this and will forward it to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules