9864 15 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

After a few days of flying with the FPV Controller 2 I think I actually prefer the Motion Controller for this AC. I have done some simulatior for manual mode also and that was fun for a bit. Honestly with the sticks you lose the head tracking functionality as well as the directional circle indicator; even steering left and right becomes more difficult.  I would have to say that DJI knew better for this drone; manual mode and sticks have their place. I have seen the Avata acro tricks and loops it can do, but in all practicality I think the most fun with this drone is catching the gaps and the high speed weaving in and out... the adrenaline is on another cinematic level.

Now this is just my OPINION... been flying DJI drones for about 5 years or so now... made a few YT vids, P107 lic. and overall love the hobby and profession.  The motion controller simply stands on it's own and if DJI had not forced it on me (lol) I would have never got one or learned how much fun FPV really is using the Motion Controller.

Thanks DJI. At first I did not care for the MC, but now I can't imagine flying the Avata without it.

What are your thoughts? Do you prefer flying the Avata with MC or the sticks?

2022-9-18
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Interesting, I can not imagine replacing my stick controller but I'll certainly try at least motion one
2022-9-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would tend to agree with you; although i am not there yet with the mc, i can see getting there.  many of us are caught up on the sticks because that's where we've been for so many years and we are most comfortable with it.  dji fpv i can't see myself flying 60+ mph on the ground with the mc, that would be insane.  which is prob why it's perfect for avata.
2022-9-18
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Motion controller absolutely has its place, but it limits your speed, only has head tracking on Goggles 2 which don't work for many people, and you can't go backwards with it. There should absolutely be an option to buy it with the RC2.
2022-9-18
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

I've been flying drones for almost 10 years... and I still suck at using sticks. It got easier when I bought the mini2 because I could custom mode my sticks, switching yaw and roll worked much better for my brain (very right hand dominant) I got my rc2 controller and I don't know how much I'll use it, no more custom mode for the sticks(NOTE TO DJI, PLEASE ADD IT IN THE NEXT UPDATE)

Good thing I absolutely love the motion controller. It let's me do what I've wanted to do with drones from the start. Cruise around with ease and just look around (head tracking with the Avata is freaking amazing) You may not be able to do flips, rolls or fly backwards(intentionally) etc., but that's not why I wanted it. I'll probably never post anything to YouTube, I don't do social media, I doubt I'll even edit a video, so most the things people have complained about, don't seem to affect me. Even the goggles seem to fit well, adjust to my eyes. And is 1 billion times better than strapping a 7 inch screen to your face with reception that looks like watching TV in the 70's and someone keeps messing with the rabbit ears(my last fpv experience)

EDIT: You can fly backwards with the MC! It's just kinda a pain. Turn on head tracking, turn your head 180 degrees.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob Brown. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. I hope that your fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Avata can share there valued insights and best recommendation on this matter. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-9-18
Use props
chaimer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293212 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-18 19:18
Hello there Bob Brown. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. I hope that your fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Avata can share there valued insights and best recommendation on this matter. Thank you and keep flying.

The M3P was my first drone. The Avata was my first fpv. I can now do flips, barrel rolls, s-turns, aerolon rolls, etc with extreme confidence in manual using the fpv controller. The enjoyment I get out of the fpv controller and manual mode is very specific - tricks and dives. For pretty much EVERYTHING else (e.g., smooth flying, cinematic shots, gaps and precision flying, etc) I very much prefer the motion controller. It feels so much more carefree and precise as long as you dont need to have extreme dive or ascending angles.
2022-9-20
Use props
devzero
lvl.1

Austria

fichek Posted at 9-18 11:24
Motion controller absolutely has its place, but it limits your speed, only has head tracking on Goggles 2 which don't work for many people, and you can't go backwards with it. There should absolutely be an option to buy it with the RC2.

First you need to be able to get the RC2 at all. It is sold out everywhere.
2022-9-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

devzero Posted at 9-20 09:01
First you need to be able to get the RC2 at all. It is sold out everywhere.

I know it took a while; and once I got the notification email I ordered right away. 5 minutes later they were sold out.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

chaimer Posted at 9-20 08:49
The M3P was my first drone. The Avata was my first fpv. I can now do flips, barrel rolls, s-turns, aerolon rolls, etc with extreme confidence in manual using the fpv controller. The enjoyment I get out of the fpv controller and manual mode is very specific - tricks and dives. For pretty much EVERYTHING else (e.g., smooth flying, cinematic shots, gaps and precision flying, etc) I very much prefer the motion controller. It feels so much more carefree and precise as long as you dont need to have extreme dive or ascending angles.

Hi there chaimer. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_FUaGPl9Q8B6I
lvl.1

United States

New2Mini2 Posted at 2022-9-18 15:26
I've been flying drones for almost 10 years... and I still suck at using sticks. It got easier when I bought the mini2 because I could custom mode my sticks, switching yaw and roll worked much better for my brain (very right hand dominant) I got my rc2 controller and I don't know how much I'll use it, no more custom mode for the sticks(NOTE TO DJI, PLEASE ADD IT IN THE NEXT UPDATE)

Good thing I absolutely love the motion controller. It let's me do what I've wanted to do with drones from the start. Cruise around with ease and just look around (head tracking with the Avata is freaking amazing) You may not be able to do flips, rolls or fly backwards(intentionally) etc., but that's not why I wanted it. I'll probably never post anything to YouTube, I don't do social media, I doubt I'll even edit a video, so most the things people have complained about, don't seem to affect me. Even the goggles seem to fit well, adjust to my eyes. And is 1 billion times better than strapping a 7 inch screen to your face with reception that looks like watching TV in the 70's and someone keeps messing with the rabbit ears(my last fpv experience)

Good morning! I am so so new to this hobby! I do know how to fly $30.00 drone, or simply RC plane (say with 4 channels). I'm poisoned into DJI FPV/Mavic with Goggles. I'm getting my self into spending ~4k for not one but two drones. I love FPV , and Mavic 3 Pro... for different reasons... I"m hoping to get it by May 2024... and this is my first 'reply / post' with questions. It's probably not best place to do so, but I'm new to it too and need to start somewhere... So plan is to get: Goggles V2, with MC, and RC2 (?) that comes with Mavic 3 Pro Combo (2999 on Amazon - 3 batteries, RC2)... I'm assuming I can fly Goggles with both drones.
So my goal is to find best price/hardware available (with some trade offs as seems to be) for both this drones.... (or just ending up with Mavic 3 Pro only using it from time to time as FPV - sure, slower, but still fun) - for immersive experience... ................. what would you recommend? MC vs MC2?? Integra vs Goggle V2??  It's so many factors to be sure for sure, lol... Thx!
2023-10-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FUaGPl9Q8B6I Posted at 10-29 09:10
Good morning! I am so so new to this hobby! I do know how to fly $30.00 drone, or simply RC plane (say with 4 channels). I'm poisoned into DJI FPV/Mavic with Goggles. I'm getting my self into spending ~4k for not one but two drones. I love FPV , and Mavic 3 Pro... for different reasons... I"m hoping to get it by May 2024... and this is my first 'reply / post' with questions. It's probably not best place to do so, but I'm new to it too and need to start somewhere... So plan is to get: Goggles V2, with MC, and RC2 (?) that comes with Mavic 3 Pro Combo (2999 on Amazon - 3 batteries, RC2)... I'm assuming I can fly Goggles with both drones.
So my goal is to find best price/hardware available (with some trade offs as seems to be) for both this drones.... (or just ending up with Mavic 3 Pro only using it from time to time as FPV - sure, slower, but still fun) - for immersive experience... ................. what would you recommend? MC vs MC2?? Integra vs Goggle V2??  It's so many factors to be sure for sure, lol... Thx!

Hard to read exactly what you wrote but here's my opinion:

If you are going to buy in May 2024, I would wait to see what else is available from DJI before I spend a ton of money on something you may not enjoy.  For the drones you have chosen, you're not going to have a lot of buying options when it comes to controllers/goggles.
Every time someone mentions "immersive" experience for a camera drone, raises red flags for me.
2023-10-29
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

djiuser_FUaGPl9Q8B6I Posted at 10-29 09:10
Good morning! I am so so new to this hobby! I do know how to fly $30.00 drone, or simply RC plane (say with 4 channels). I'm poisoned into DJI FPV/Mavic with Goggles. I'm getting my self into spending ~4k for not one but two drones. I love FPV , and Mavic 3 Pro... for different reasons... I"m hoping to get it by May 2024... and this is my first 'reply / post' with questions. It's probably not best place to do so, but I'm new to it too and need to start somewhere... So plan is to get: Goggles V2, with MC, and RC2 (?) that comes with Mavic 3 Pro Combo (2999 on Amazon - 3 batteries, RC2)... I'm assuming I can fly Goggles with both drones.
So my goal is to find best price/hardware available (with some trade offs as seems to be) for both this drones.... (or just ending up with Mavic 3 Pro only using it from time to time as FPV - sure, slower, but still fun) - for immersive experience... ................. what would you recommend? MC vs MC2?? Integra vs Goggle V2??  It's so many factors to be sure for sure, lol... Thx!

IMHO the head tracking is an absolute must. Only the Goggles 2 and Integra has it however I prefer the G2 because the dioptics and eye adjustments are built in.
However, as of now, only the Avata, Air 3, Mini3pro and Mavic 3 works with head tracking. And head tracking may not be for everyone. It takes a bit to get used to it and you need to be able to multitask between knowing which directing your drone is flying to while its pointing where you are looking. Once you get used to it, zipping through obstacles at brisk pace is a breeze. Its literally like you are sitting in the cockpit as oppose to having to only look forward.
2023-11-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

D35Archangel Posted at 11-17 03:43
IMHO the head tracking is an absolute must. Only the Goggles 2 and Integra has it however I prefer the G2 because the dioptics and eye adjustments are built in.
However, as of now, only the Avata, Air 3, Mini3pro and Mavic 3 works with head tracking. And head tracking may not be for everyone. It takes a bit to get used to it and you need to be able to multitask between knowing which directing your drone is flying to while its pointing where you are looking. Once you get used to it, zipping through obstacles at brisk pace is a breeze. Its literally like you are sitting in the cockpit as oppose to having to only look forward.

Should add the head tracking is n/a when using Avata in manual mode.
2023-11-17
Use props
Troublemaker83
lvl.1

United States

The mc2 is why I got the avata i  have lost many mid level drones to the trees in my back yard not going to pretend I’m good at the two sticks I tried for years I was giving up the mc2 brought back the fun for me
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_toHcZW17yFpx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2626243 ft
United States

The head tracking ability with the MC and now the MC2 is so fantastic.   I am now building a head tracking set up for my DIY FPV drone because I was so inspired by the Avata.   If you could just bump up the speed a little with the MC and head tracking it would be exactly the drone I need.     I was inspired enough to work on getting a head tracking servo set up on a DIY FPV drone it won't be the same as using the mc2  controller but the speed and even single axes gimble response will be greatly appreciated with my race car chase filming.    Looking forward to seeing what the next features DJI packs in to the next revisions of this hardware.
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules