11357 27 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e8f2c69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

Hello,

I did not use this feature too often and last time I used it it works perfect with old Huawei P Smart. However today I wanted to use it again (with Huawei Mate 20 Lite) and it does not work. The drone was detected by BLE (and allows to connect to its GATT service) but no Wi-Fi network created. I checked in both ranges: 2.4 and 5 - no network found. I thought that the issue with my phone and tried with Huawei P20 Pro - same result. But it still works with P Smart.

I tried to find a way to switch it to 2.4G only as it shown in connection dialog by Fly App but I was not able to find this settings in the app as well as on the phone.

So the question: how can I get it working?

2022-9-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I take it you have tried with all the arms unfolded?
2022-9-18
Use props
fans4e8f2c69
lvl.4
Belarus

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 9-18 09:33
I take it you have tried with all the arms unfolded?

How can it affect this? Any way, ether way it does not work.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You don’t get full speed, without unfolding you get the high interference msg, I didn’t think it would matter but it makes a huge difference
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to initiate the troubleshooting steps below to see if this rectifies the issue?

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.

2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage - Settings - QuickTransfer Band - Fixed 2.4 GHz.

Note: If the connection failure can be resolved by using this method, it can be determined that the mobile phone’s 5G band does not cover 5.8 GHz.

3. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.

4. Try to rename the aircraft and restart it.

In addition, if another mobile phone was connected to the aircraft using the QuickTransfer function, and the mobile phone is nearby, a possible reason for this message is that the aircraft’s Wi-Fi is occupied by the previously connected mobile phone. We recommend turning off the Wi-Fi on the previously connected mobile phone or deleting/ignoring the aircraft’s Wi-Fi. If the mobile phone cannot be found, please change the aircraft name in DJI Fly and reconnect to it.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-18
Use props
fans4e8f2c69
lvl.4
Belarus

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 9-18 12:58
You don’t get full speed, without unfolding you get the high interference msg, I didn’t think it would matter but it makes a huge difference

I can't get any speed because it doe snot work at all.
2022-9-18
Use props
fans4e8f2c69
lvl.4
Belarus

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 21:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to initiate the troubleshooting steps below to see if this rectifies the issue?

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.

I tried everything. Also there is no such settings (I wrote that in my post). I have no Quick Transfer Band settings in DJI Fly app.

Drone does not turn WiFi network. I checked  it from all devices I have near me: router, PC, laptop, ESP32, Raspberry Pi: no one can see Mini 2 WiFi network. So I guess that the drone does not receive command over Bluetooth to turn WiFi network On.
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans4e8f2c69 Posted at 9-18 22:39
I tried everything. Also there is no such settings (I wrote that in my post). I have no Quick Transfer Band settings in DJI Fly app.

Drone does not turn WiFi network. I checked  it from all devices I have near me: router, PC, laptop, ESP32, Raspberry Pi: no one can see Mini 2 WiFi network. So I guess that the drone does not receive command over Bluetooth to turn WiFi network On.

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application on the mobile device that experienced the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-19
Use props
fans4e8f2c69
lvl.4
Belarus

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-19 01:17
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application on the mobile device that experienced the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Already did few times. As well as had fresh first time install on P20 Pro (the app had never been installed on that device).
2022-9-19
Use props
btframework
lvl.4
Belarus

By the way, why the forum always resets the user name and I have to change it back once per few days?
2022-9-19
Use props
btframework
lvl.4
Belarus

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the application on the mobile device that experienced the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Ok, I did more research with BLE Sniffer. So
The app sees the Mini 2 and able to connect to it

I used other tool (GattClient from Bluetooth Framework) to make sure the MAC used for connect (0x34D262892FBC) is Mini 2 MAC
So next DJI Fly able to read all the attributes (will not post all the images here but it does) and next it writes Client Configuration Descriptor for the Indicatable/Notifiable characteristic

After that it writes other characteristics and even receives notification

Next some other communication goes on and the last notifications received

After that the DJI Fly waits for Mini 2 Wi-Fi network but the network does not appear.
2022-9-19
Use props
btframework
lvl.4
Belarus

If you need I can collect Bluetooth HCI log from my phone.
2022-9-19
Use props
btframework
lvl.4
Belarus

I did more tests and found that sometimes communication stops right after writing to the Client Configuration Descriptor. After that nothing except keep-alive packets goes to/from Mini 2.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

btframework Posted at 9-19 03:00
I did more tests and found that sometimes communication stops right after writing to the Client Configuration Descriptor. After that nothing except keep-alive packets goes to/from Mini 2.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Since you already maximize all the possible troubleshooting to possibly rectify the issue, but still the issue still persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-9-20
Use props
btframework
lvl.4
Belarus

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-20 03:41
Thank you for keeping us posted. Since you already maximize all the possible troubleshooting to possibly rectify the issue, but still the issue still persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

It seems very unreliable idea becasue, as I wrote and I hope you read what I wrote and don;t simple post answers from your script as robot, it works with other device. So the problem is not in Mini 2 but is in DJI Fly. All you need to do is simple forward all the information I provided to your developers so they can simple fix the bugs in your application.

Of course, if you agree to pay for just short Mini 2 cruise around the world, why not - I am ready to provide my bank details.
2022-9-20
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I haven't observed any "improvement" worth upgrading from my trusty v1.5.10 on iOS....   Photo albums still work fine
Seems like every version since then has brought some bugs along...  That's also why i disable Auto-Update on Apple devices - unlike Android, with Apple there's absolutely no possibility of downgrading to a previous version, so you really need to wait and watch what happens to others before updating yourself.  Same idea with the firmware.  Better safe than sorry.

2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_sANBwSggHTHD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans4e8f2c69 Posted at 2022-9-18 22:36
I can't get any speed because it doe snot work at all.

Turn off the phones VPN this worked for me
2023-11-13
Use props
fans1e25545d
lvl.4
Belarus

djiuser_sANBwSggHTHD Posted at 11-13 05:22
Turn off the phones VPN this worked for me

I have never used VPN on any of my device.
2023-11-13
Use props
Brad King
New

Australia

Same issue. Quick transfer does not work at all. None of the instructions above fix the problem, instructions in app and remote update are incorrect as the icon shown disconnects phone from aircraft.
I have turned phone off/on, cleared WiFi, changed aircraft name, changed WiFi name, logged out and in, deleted and reinstalled app, updated tv and aircraft and still does not work.

Selected photo/video and it says 0% downloading (1/2) 0b/s and then says failed to download.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_PYl0Ueo0lW8D
New

United States

putting the iphone on airplane mode and switching on wifi fixed it for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQKtMKJmY0
2023-11-21
Use props
fans1e25545d
lvl.4
Belarus

I you read correcly you can find that I wrote about Android. I afraid I can not install Android on iPhone.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_GAB44EMxFFgs
New

United States

Hi there, I am also having the same issue. Is there an update on a resolution
1-1 13:39
Use props
djiuser_qcFprFoERugy
lvl.2
Slovakia

I have the same problem.  My Honor 8x does not find the wifi network of the drone (DJI mini 4 pro), but for example the Samsung galaxy A41 or an old Lenovo tablet identifies the wifi network of the drone and can connect to it.  It follows from the above that the problem is with the Honor 8x mobile phone, which is apparently not supported, I don't know why. I can't find a wifi setting in the Honor 8x that would change something in this and make quick transfer (DJI Fly application) work.
1-8 02:33
Use props
djiuser_9WKwPgCUieu7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6778209 ft
Malaysia

Looks like we are getting same issues, but DJI not care to fix it.
Buying DJI is now depending on your luck.
1-9 23:30
Use props
fans1e25545d
lvl.4
Belarus

It looks like there is an issue with WiFi band (frequency). Early I wrote that I was not able to switch DJI FlyApp to 2.4 only as mentioned above. However, after few times reinstalling the app and playing with it I somehow got that option available and was able to switch it to 2.4 Ghz. After that Quick Transfer started working again. Finally I switched to iPhone and all worked well. Unfortunately I was not able to test it durng past few months (with iPhone and Android) so I do not know if it works now. But somehow I got it working few months ago and I hope it still works.
1-9 23:46
Use props
djiuser_OWajaHdz1m6H
New
Flight distance : 107976 ft

New Zealand

Hi there, every time i used quick transfer i have a problem connecting the bluetooth of my dji air 3 to my Iphone (IOS). The message pop-up “the aircraft maybe connected to other phone, restart and try again”. It was unbelievable because I have only single phone. Please help me to fix this problem. I really wanted to transfer my captured video from my aircraft to my phone. Lastly it was working perfectly fine, but now it doesn’t. Thank you
1-13 21:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_OWajaHdz1m6H Posted at 1-13 21:56
Hi there, every time i used quick transfer i have a problem connecting the bluetooth of my dji air 3 to my Iphone (IOS). The message pop-up “the aircraft maybe connected to other phone, restart and try again”. It was unbelievable because I have only single phone. Please help me to fix this problem. I really wanted to transfer my captured video from my aircraft to my phone. Lastly it was working perfectly fine, but now it doesn’t. Thank you

Hi there. Are you using an iPhone 13 or 14? Please make sure the app is on the latest version or try reinstalling it. This has been fixed since in DJI Fly v1.9.4. app update. Have a great day.
1-13 22:06
Use props
One906
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192592 ft
United States

djiuser_PYl0Ueo0lW8D Posted at 2023-11-21 01:11
putting the iphone on airplane mode and switching on wifi fixed it for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQKtMKJmY0

putting iphone in airplane mode and wifi on worked for me.
2-6 09:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules