Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello...

I took the Avata out for a spin yesterday evening (around sunet).  Just sharing some footage....sections are a little dark but I think that's because I was flying into the sun (and had ND4 filter on it).  Not the best place for this time of day but still having a BLAST flying this drone.  Really think DJI did an excellent job on this one!!!  

P.S.  Plus a few runs under a SEMI TRUCK (chicken with a metal object may not be such a  great idea though)  

2022-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epic footage.    Nothing beats low and fast.  Couple of times you were barely 6" above the ground.  Great job of flying.
2022-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-18 05:55
Epic footage.    Nothing beats low and fast.  Couple of times you were barely 6" above the ground.  Great job of flying.

Yeah....it makes things more interesting....thanks for saying 'hi' as well.  
2022-9-18
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... for me, the videos were too dark.
Auto mode?
Maybe better without the nd-filter...???
2022-9-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-18 07:28
... for me, the videos were too dark.
Auto mode?
Maybe better without the nd-filter...???

yeah...had an ND4 on it and was flying directly into the sun. But the camera on this drone doesn't have the dynamic range of the newer GoPro's (ie. 10).  Side-by-side with a GoPro 10 Black or GoPro Bones and the differences is huge in the shadows and dynamic range.    1st thing I noticed when I flew this drone..it's my biggest complaint.  Love the little drone...just need to get a GoPro10 Bones mounted to it and I think its nearly perfect.  

I had my Camera Settings 'Manual' on this flight.  The flight I did today was at the beach in direct sunlight and makes such a differences.  

2022-9-18
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

Nice flying...
2022-9-18
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

pretty cool but i thought we were going to see you go under a moving semi-truck!  you should do this video over again in the daytime, it would be super-cool.  never knew 30mph would look so fast!
2022-9-18
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-18 18:01
yeah...had an ND4 on it and was flying directly into the sun. But the camera on this drone doesn't have the dynamic range of the newer GoPro's (ie. 10).  Side-by-side with a GoPro 10 Black or GoPro Bones and the differences is huge in the shadows and dynamic range.    1st thing I noticed when I flew this drone..it's my biggest complaint.  Love the little drone...just need to get a GoPro10 Bones mounted to it and I think its nearly perfect.  

I had my Camera Settings 'Manual' on this flight.  The flight I did today was at the beach in direct sunlight and makes such a differences.

I've noticed the dynamic range isn't great as well - a little bit of editing and I can already see banding in the skies. Currently recording in D-Cinelike and color grading in Lumafusion and Davinci Resolve 18
2022-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flying.   
2022-9-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-18 07:00
Yeah....it makes things more interesting....thanks for saying 'hi' as well.

You're very welcome.     
2022-9-19
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ken-W Posted at 9-18 23:28
I've noticed the dynamic range isn't great as well - a little bit of editing and I can already see banding in the skies. Currently recording in D-Cinelike and color grading in Lumafusion and Davinci Resolve 18

Yes.....though I've got the GoPro 'Bones' and I just saw Nurk (Paul) solder that up to the Avata.  Now, that could be a winning  combination!   Got GoPro coming out with a new smaller GoPro soon as well.

Would have been nice if the Avata camera was just a little better though (so close!).  
2022-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool flying!
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now