DJI Mini 3 Pro Accessories Not Suggested
3097 13 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sand1man
lvl.1

United States

I just had a chat with DJI support about propeller guards, night flying lights, and plastic landing gear.  DFI "suggested" only propeller guards - NOT night flying lights and landing gear.  (I believe night flying lights are a FAA requirement in the U.S., but - hey) - just a FYI.  See Pic.

Accessories1.jpg
2022-9-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prop guards are best avoided outside as they tend to catch the wind too much and do very little when it comes to trees/bushes.
2022-9-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Firehouse "Micro" Basic 800 Lumen High Intensity Strobe Light to meet the FAA's requirement for night flying.  It weighs only 3.7G
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. We do not recommend additional not-recommended accessories on the unit as this might affect the stability of the unit when in flight. If the unit experience a hard landing or a crash due to the 3rd party accessories, I'm afraid that the warranty of the unit may be voided. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-19
Use props
Sand1man
lvl.1

United States

To -  DJI Paladin Super Moderator

Thank you for your reply.  As to your comment "We do not recommend additional not-recommended accessories" - I cannot find "any" "recommended" accessories in re propeller guards, night flying lights or landing gear (for lack of a better phrase) for the M3P.  I've searched in the M3P manual-2022, searched these forums, etc.  Nothing has been recommended as an accessory....per this thread...  I must conclude from your comment and research, the M3P has no recommended accessories, and was produced as a, Outdoor Only, Daylight Only and Hard Surface [e.g. concrete sidewalk, et al] Only drone.  Propleller guards are/were suppose to be a safety concern, among others; night lights were/are a U.S. FAA requirement for night flight; and hard surface landings were/are desigined to reduce the probability of debris entering the motor areas, among others.

The M3P-2022 manual does state the operating weight at <249g - which kind-of supports your logic - though I struggle with this.  The M3P Fly More Kit has a heavier battery (M3P w/battery  >c.260gs):  Yet the manual says <249gs "take off weight:"  And you imply only recommended accessories are allowable.  Presumably an exception to the manual's <249g "take off weight."  Fine.

As for the night lights and landing gear, as third party accessories, they would, quote, "as this might affect the stability of the unit when in flight. If the  unit experience a hard landing or a crash due to the 3rd party  accessories, I'm afraid that the warranty of the unit may be voided."  Kill the warranty.

So the only safe, logical and resonable course of action would be Outdoor, Daylight, Hard-Surface Only flying conditions - or otherwise void the warranty!

I had hoped to operate the M3P safely with the propeller guards, and fly at night (w/lights) to meet U.S. FAA regulations, and use a landing gear to protect the drone from damage of all sorts.  NOW, after your post, I am at a lost to make sense of any of this.  Sure, I could be a Maverick and do - Whatever - but not w/o a price!

Hopefully, DJI WILL recommend "something" along these lines in the future.

As you say, "Thank you for your understanding and support."
2022-9-20
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Sand1man Posted at 9-20 09:02
To -  DJI Paladin Super Moderator

Thank you for your reply.  As to your comment "We do not recommend additional not-recommended accessories" - I cannot find "any" "recommended" accessories in re propeller guards, night flying lights or landing gear (for lack of a better phrase) for the M3P.  I've searched in the M3P manual-2022, searched these forums, etc.  Nothing has been recommended as an accessory....per this thread...  I must conclude from your comment and research, the M3P has no recommended accessories, and was produced as a, Outdoor Only, Daylight Only and Hard Surface [e.g. concrete sidewalk, et al] Only drone.  Propleller guards are/were suppose to be a safety concern, among others; night lights were/are a U.S. FAA requirement for night flight; and hard surface landings were/are desigined to reduce the probability of debris entering the motor areas, among others.

i hope you know you talking to a dji robot  ;- )
2022-9-20
Use props
Sand1man
lvl.1

United States

Indio Posted at 9-20 12:33

DJI monitors these forums....for various reasons....  I hope they're listening right now....
2022-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indio Posted at 9-20 12:33

No, they are not robots, they are human, they may give robotic answers AKA, "canned messages", it, however, makes them no less human than you are.
2022-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sand1man Posted at 9-20 13:35
DJI monitors these forums....for various reasons....  I hope they're listening right now....

DJI will not recommend any 3rd party accessories unless they have been tested by DJI and 99.9% have not. You're wasting your time on this one, so you have 2 options, either fly with what you need attached (NOT PROP GUARDS THOUGH as already advised by another member) or don't.

Many fly with night lights, as for landing gear, many do not bother and hand launch or catch them.
2022-9-20
Use props
Sand1man
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 9-20 18:53
DJI will not recommend any 3rd party accessories unless they have been tested by DJI and 99.9% have not. You're wasting your time on this one, so you have 2 options, either fly with what you need attached (NOT PROP GUARDS THOUGH as already advised by another member) or don't.

Many fly with night lights, as for landing gear, many do not bother and hand launch or catch them.

Thanks Bashy!  But, as I wrote,  "Sure, I could be a Maverick and do - Whatever - but not w/o a price!"  OR - as you say, "don't."  If Warranties and Care services are unimportant - that would be a personal decision.  On the Guards - I am aware of their shortcomings, But - again - they are FANTASTIC when I train my grandson to fly INDOORS using very simple skills....he's not good enough to fly outdoors yet....but he's getting the "basics" pretty good...  As far as "wasting your time on this one," you may be more right than wrong - but one thing is 100% - if you don't try nothing will happen.
2022-9-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sand1man Posted at 9-21 04:06
Thanks Bashy!  But, as I wrote,  "Sure, I could be a Maverick and do - Whatever - but not w/o a price!"  OR - as you say, "don't."  If Warranties and Care services are unimportant - that would be a personal decision.  On the Guards - I am aware of their shortcomings, But - again - they are FANTASTIC when I train my grandson to fly INDOORS using very simple skills....he's not good enough to fly outdoors yet....but he's getting the "basics" pretty good...  As far as "wasting your time on this one," you may be more right than wrong - but one thing is 100% - if you don't try nothing will happen.

For inside, yes, that are 100% OK, just don't use them outside.
2022-9-22
Use props
Håvard Daae Rognli
New

Norway

I would like to thank Sand1man for his post. It seems to me utterly ridicolous that dji seems to take so little interest in testing protective gear for, in this case, the mini 3 pro.
Sure - when you finally have learned to fly your drone,the protective gear is no longer needed. But,for beginners I'd say that putting on protection would be smart until you master flying it.
2023-6-7
Use props
Nicoli Palileo
New

Philippines

Gud afternoon sir.. i have a question...how to use my landing gear in mini 3.i try to mount my gear to my mini 3. But it flew only a few feet about 20 feet.. the rc controler have a notification the maximum height.. there are settings that my mini 3 flew to maximum 500 m with landing gear?thank u for the answer...
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nicoli Palileo Posted at 8-21 14:43
Gud afternoon sir.. i have a question...how to use my landing gear in mini 3.i try to mount my gear to my mini 3. But it flew only a few feet about 20 feet.. the rc controler have a notification the maximum height.. there are settings that my mini 3 flew to maximum 500 m with landing gear?thank u for the answer...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you pertaining to a 3rd party accessory? Please note that we do not recommend any 3rd party accessories attached to the unit as the DJI Mini 3/ Mini 3 Pro does not support any payload during flight. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules