Avata no controle durring 20% auto return to home.
3318 5 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brlux
lvl.2

United States

Hi, I have experinces this issue 3 times now. When flying around the back yard my with my Avata. It will pause as if the pause button was pressed when it hits 20% battery, then it will fly dirrectly home at it's current altitude. I have no contorle over it untill it reaches the home point and starts to decend. I have my rth altitude set above 100ft as that is above all the obsticals in my area. But probably because of the close proximity to the home point when this happens, about 50 feet away it does not rise up to the rth altitude. I have been lucky so far and it has not colided with anything yet but it surely will at some point. I am flying with the FPV controller 2 in normal mode using goggles V2.

I believe

1, It should never attempt to fly somewhere and not accept user input.
2, You should be able to cancle a rth.

3, The low battery rth % should be user adjustable and possibly be related to your distance away from the home point.

2022-9-18
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

You can cancel low battery rth, at least i can. I just press brake like it says on screen and fly home manually.
2022-9-18
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

My Avata with RC controller did this today as well.  I thought it was just a fluke (as it never did this with my DJI FPV), and regained control only when it was directly above me.  I didn't think much of it until I read your post, and will keep an eye on this on future flights.
2022-9-18
Use props
Brlux
lvl.2

United States

Tried it a few more times. It gives the 10 second count down for low battery return to home around 20-22%. If it is not canceled before the timer expires it will stop moving and then fly straight home at current altitude ignoring any stick input. You can hit the pause button to cancel the return to home and regain controle. But it is still very disconcerting behavior when it happens.
2022-9-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

1.it should never attempt to fly somewhere and no accept user input.
A.please not you might get this if you get a disconnect, the drone will fly home without user input.  also i understand why you cannot manuever during a rth, i don't agree with zero input but limited input is acceptable.  you should at least be able to slow down or speed up and rotate.  anything else, cancel.

2.you should be able to cancel a rth
A.you can.  prob can't cancel a force landing on zero battery

3.adjustable rth % or related to distance from hp
A.why, so you can get a few more minutes of flight; just cancel.  ive heard the action ruins a lot of shots but im not sure the battery is smart enough to re-calculate.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. You may use the Flight Pause/RTH Button on your FPV Remote controller 2 to make the aircraft brake and hover in place (only when GNSS or Vision System is available) Press and hold to initiate RTH, and press again to cancel RTH. You may access the link below and visit page 23 for more information about the RTH of the said unit. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules