So External Mic and USB Powerbank???
5568 60 2022-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If I wanted both unlimited run and a mic i make a dummy battery,  DJI will not get the  accessory made , a 3rd party would have to, as the Company can not  offer any inside info on  the USB port wiring diagram.. back to my Break
2023-3-15
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Skyjacker1 Posted at 3-15 13:10
pretty clear you didn't read any or at least my post, i'll keep your tips in mind while i have all 9 of my cameras operating all day, when you do construction projects you work on them all day, taking breaks to be a youtuber gets you fired or behind schedule, it's not a big ask here, the origninal osmo action did simultaneous charging and external mic just fine, I need the horizon balance along with those on at least 1 camera, the insta360 does it no problem(i don't want to have to use their editor is why i mistakenly bought the Action 3), not "a bit negative", a simple fact

I understand you completely. Although I have a different requirement, the OA1 and Cynova adapter that I had fit the bill perfectly.  My setup was with the OA1 mounted on the wing strut of my airplane connected via a USB-C cable to my Cynova adapter.  That allowed me to power the camera and feed audio from my intercom system to the camera for my 2 to 3 hour flights. One would have expected that a new improved version of the OA would have more not less features and abilities, Alas that is not so.  Sadly, I sold my OA1 just before ordering the new and improved OA3 due to my unjustified faith in DJI. Yes the DJI OA3 brings us all the horizon balance/steady features we have lusted for over the past few years and more, unfortunately it also brought us a device with sub standard focus as delivered from the manufacturer and a lack of support for previous capabilities of the earlier model. Very disappointing.  The focus issue is, however, easily fixed with a DIY approach of turning the lens.  But the other  issue is not yet so easily fixed and DJI should take notice.  There are some of us that need/require simultaneous charging and audio input such as was possible with their previous generation product.  
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BOTG0MTB# Posted at 3-15 03:52
Thats a real shame about not being able to use a powerbank. I used one all the time with go pro so could get longer videos recrded by a wire and powerbank in my pocket.

Hi there. We totally understand if you feel frustrated. We will love to forward this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-16
Use props
Skyjacker1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 3-15 14:20
I did read your post, but doesn't you get break like a few times a day? Just asking since I only know how the workday is here.
Insta360 is a great camera indeed.

How does whether i'm working or not concern you? You turned in personal insults and called all of us negative as well as questioning my work ethic all because we want as much out of our camera's as possible, idea, go be useful somewhere instead of trolling here
2023-3-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Skyjacker1 Posted at 3-18 13:32
How does whether i'm working or not concern you? You turned in personal insults and called all of us negative as well as questioning my work ethic all because we want as much out of our camera's as possible, idea, go be useful somewhere instead of trolling here

Your words, I just asking since most modern countries will give their employees break during workdays. But you took it personally.
2023-3-18
Use props
ride2freesoul
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi, any update for this "problem"?
this could be the perfect action cam
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_KTMtRksomnrc
lvl.1

Indonesia

djiuser_ozoRSdEpnM3T Posted at 2-8 07:49
Can any DJI moderators pass this important request to development team?
For now Osmo action 3 can record for many hours with external power, but not simultaneously with external microphone, why?

If you can't spare 30 seconds after recording for a stated 160 minutes to change the battery then bad luck. Get an external recorder!!
2023-4-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Love it:  so when one stops me in the street and asks me hey what camera is that.   I'll have no name on my camera. shame to say what I  use if we can not get simple requests done Lol
2023-4-19
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Rocktheasphalt Posted at 2-7 08:17
You can also operate the Osmo Action 3 without a battery, with the power bank via USB C cable. (Less weight on the helmet)

Theoretically, it should be possible to adjust the firmware so that the PD is switched through when there is no battery in the cam. (Possibly via the temperature monitor)

Hi,

just reviewing some old posts on this rather disappointing topic...

TBH you shouldn't even need such a special "pass through mode" in such a case.
From the electronic/component side of things, If theres no battery to charge, there should be no relevant current going through the charging circuit, therefor there should be no noticable heat to be caused.

Unlike ancient charging circuits based on linear regulators, the circuits themselv waste relatively few energy nowadays.
2023-7-12
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_KTMtRksomnrc Posted at 4-18 21:38
If you can't spare 30 seconds after recording for a stated 160 minutes to change the battery then bad luck. Get an external recorder!!

Hi,

well, even though recording time on my Actrion 3 is indeed usually longer than on my (2) Action 2 cams with battery module (already quite a shame tbh given the space and weight of the module), i have yet to see recording times ANYWHERE near 160 minuites.

Seriously, These numbers are best case scenarious... perfect conditions, lowest consumption provided and (most extras disabled most likely).

being able to power the device with a simple thin usb cable for extended use is a huge deal for any action cam used to record extended trips, rides etc.

I have used powerbank supported supported filming many times and unless on the hottest summer days i barely had any temperature stops.
i Just hate that i cant use my dji mic (yeah, im a heavy dji customer ;) ) along with a power source to have the ULTIMATE riding setup AKA long recording time AND external mic.
2023-7-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So you are saying you can ot use an Action 3 and a dji mic to do a simple  recording beyond the actual use of the battery side?
2023-7-12
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fish, nope I don't do simple recordings..
I record all day continuously on a kayak for fishing and need external mic AND ability to use a battery bank at same time.  It's a common use case DJI has completely ignored....super lame on their part.
I can't be changing batteries every hour while on the water....so that's why I have a hero 11 mini
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_cwH62tAYKIFV
lvl.2

Thailand

johansenfoto Posted at 3-15 00:51
I think you guys are a bit negative now.
A tip is is to plan your shots, not rely on your camera being able to shoot the whole day. Try shoot with dslr/mirrorless, most of them have 30 min recording limit.

Not always possible riding a motorbike when that is of prime importance not thinking about a shot so safer to leave recording
2023-7-26
Use props
djiuser_cwH62tAYKIFV
lvl.2

Thailand

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 05:40
Hi there. We totally understand if you feel frustrated. We will love to forward this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

You've said that for years about the OA1 and a remote control which is still missing.
2023-7-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_cwH62tAYKIFV Posted at 7-26 01:03
You've said that for years about the OA1 and a remote control which is still missing.

you can not break their broken record. its just not in their Budget
2023-7-26
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

Four years ago, I made mic and power adapter for Osmo Pocket. It may work at OA3. But I do not have OA3, only OA1.
2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_cwH62tAYKIFV Posted at 7-26 01:03

We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 02:11
We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

we understand it will not get implimented to a decommissioned camera but can you at least tell us the date your New OSmo Action 4 was just found out by the World will be aired?
2023-7-30
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

2023-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

i was going to try that  for the Action 3, but chose not too thanks for displaying o n a Poccket series
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_cwH62tAYKIFV
lvl.2

Thailand

I had an Action 1which I used successfully with a power bank and external microphone on a crash helmet.  Unfortunately that failed andxwas binned because DJI told me it would have to return to China with all the customs duties. So I bought an Action 3 and like many I was disappointed that I cannot use a power bank whilst using an external microphone. And no, you cannt use the internal mic with wind reduction, that doesn't work at any speed. And no it doesn't matter the battery lasts a couple of hours on a motorbike the last thing you need to worry about is battery or stopping/starting recording.  My problem now is when I go to record, the camera appears to start recording on the internal microphone for 1 or 2 seconds and then switch to the helmet mic.  Anyone any ideas?
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules