All Images/Videos Blurry on the right side
1694 7 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
squarabh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37290 ft
India

The images/videos are blurred on the right side. Some close-up shots have little but images/videos taken from a higher point have heavy blurring/out of focus on the right part. It seems to be a focus issue but it might be a hardware issue.
I have tried all the combinations:
  • Videos - 4k,2k 1080 at all frames
  • Images - 48 MP and normal
  • Focus - Manual and AF
  • Landscape mode and Portrait Mode (Issue is at the top side)

Tried resetting, updating the firmware, IMU and Compass Calibration etc. but the issue persists.

It's exactly the same as this user's: Images Heavily Blurred

Photos and Video Screenshots uploaded on drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EuQuqL9UhBa8TXb84l-c-wAfFCfmUsJI?usp=sharing

Firmwares are latest and up-to date.

Also, I have raise a support ticket but they are asking to coordinate with a local service centre somewhere in India which won't work most probably, so if it's a know hardware issue, people who work at DJI just let me know or if it's a software issue then let me know if i have to wait for a fix.
If anyone else has found a fix/workaround for this issue, Please reach out immediately.
It's my first drone bought with a longterm saving and i'm very sad as I cannot replace/return it, my brother bought it from Dubai and I live in India.

Thankyou in Advance and I wish this would never happen with anyone else.

2022-9-19
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

This is a manufacturing issue that caused your lens to be de-centered.   I've gone through this myself with the Mini 3 pro.  Hopefully they will send you a replacement.
2022-9-19
Use props
squarabh
lvl.1
India

Black Diesel Posted at 9-19 09:00
This is a manufacturing issue that caused your lens to be de-centered.   I've gone through this myself with the Mini 3 pro.  Hopefully they will send you a replacement.

So You returned your drone ? What is the process ??
2022-9-19
Use props
squarabh
lvl.1
India

Can't send it for replacement as it is not serviceable in India
2022-9-19
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

squarabh Posted at 9-19 09:33
So You returned your drone ? What is the process ??

Yes, I was in the return window so I bought another one to test side by side and the new one was much better so I returned the first one I bought.  Are you still in your return window?  just return it for a refund and buy another one.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there squarabh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post some sample photos showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-9-19
Use props
squarabh
lvl.1
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-19 19:33
Hello there squarabh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post some sample photos showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue. Thank you.

Hey Stephen, you can see the photos on the drive as they will be high quality. Please check : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EuQuqL9UhBa8TXb84l-c-wAfFCfmUsJI?usp=sharing
2022-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Some really look blurred on the right side indeed.
2022-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules