Firmware Help Needed
872 11 2015-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

Today I went to fly my inspire and the radio would not link up to the Inspire. I saw there is a new update so I down loaded it onto the inspire just like I always have, no problems, I plugged it itno the radio just like I always have and it did not acknoledge the card was in the radio. I tried several times , to no avail.  I did the update on my phone and its an entirely new appcalled the DJI go. I still cant figure it out.. All I want to do is fly this dang thing and I cant..  Is there a new way of installing the firmware to the radio? And how in teh heck does the new DJI go app work. I read in the app how to link up to the inspire but what they say does not work?? Any help would be greatly appreciated..  All the other updates have went flawless but ill be danged if I can figure this one out..

2015-8-8
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still update the controller with the SD card on the camera, it has been an easy process so far, it does not take as long as the Inspire update.
2015-8-8
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still update the controller with the SD card on the camera, it has been an easy process so far, it does not take as long as the Inspire update.
2015-8-8
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I did the update earlier this week. The bird and batteries went fine.  No problems either with the slave RC. Only with the main RC unit the update wouldn't start. Tried another SD card to no avail. So I removed the update files from the card. Downloaded them once more from the DJI site and tried again. This time the update started directly.
But it has to be said that you can't update via the App allthough DJI tells us !
2015-8-8
Use props
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

FlyGuy Posted at 2015-8-9 14:48
I did the update earlier this week. The bird and batteries went fine.  No problems either with the s ...

Thanks for the replies. I will  remove the files on the card and reload them..
2015-8-9
Use props
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

carvercalls Posted at 2015-8-9 19:54
Thanks for the replies. I will  remove the files on the card and reload them..

I just removed the files from the card, reloaded them and its still not working.. I did it twice to no avail.. I only have 1.5 hours on this machine.. Do you think the controller is bad?
2015-8-9
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Have you tried plugging you radio controler into the USB port on the camera and upgrading from the gamble directly, instead of plungiing the memory stick into yor remote
2015-8-9
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Have you tried plugging you radio controler into the USB port on the camera and upgrading from the gamble directly, instead of plungiing the memory stick into yor remote
2015-8-9
Use props
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

ageelectrical Posted at 2015-8-9 23:24
Have you tried plugging you radio controler into the USB port on the camera and upgrading from the g ...

Yes I have, it does not even acknowledge its plugged in..
2015-8-9
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doesn't this just suck.
2015-8-9
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have done the 1.2 firmware upgrade and am about to go fly it.  seems like avoiding the 1.3 firmware update is the best bet right now, yes?
2015-8-9
Use props
kfdsan
New

United States

I performed the firmware updates on my radio, & aircraft.  Updated my app on iOS, and everything seemed to work fine.
However, now after everything connects up, after about 3-5 seconds my video feed goes blue.  I have reattached the gimbal, powered everything off and back on, with no improvements.
I have made about 25 flights with my 2 week old Inspire.  One other thing I have noticed is after the firmware update to v1.3 my file data (including the .bin file) has a date of Dec. 31, 2097
Anyone else experience this?
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules