Fly app 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 still not right!
3066 22 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

RC Pro and Air 2S, both firmware up to date. Running Fly 1.7.0, everything is good. Updated to 1.7.4 and the problems began. Under the settings tab, sync - the note is in Chinese. Every time I open the map, the app crashes. This causes a new flight log to be created. This is GARBAGE!!! Found out that there is 1.7.5 released today. Same garbage, only a little worse!! DJI, PLEASE TEST THINGS BEFORE RELEASE!!!!

2022-9-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So wait, there is 1.7.5??
2022-9-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-19 17:08
So wait, there is 1.7.5??

Today. Not announced, but it's here.
2022-9-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-19 17:20
Today. Not announced, but it's here.

Thank you!  I checked and downloaded just now, and still got 1.7.4 so maybe they pulled it or perhaps the CDN I am being directed to for the download does not have it yet.

Sorry to hear it is still not right for the defects you identified!!
2022-9-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-19 17:26
Thank you!  I checked and downloaded just now, and still got 1.7.4 so maybe they pulled it or perhaps the CDN I am being directed to for the download does not have it yet.

Sorry to hear it is still not right for the defects you identified!!

I updated through the Fly app.
2022-9-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-19 17:43
I updated through the Fly app.

1.7.5 now downloading from the site.  Thank you @Mobilehomer for the info.  Now I guess we can wait on future dot release to get to the details you noted.
2022-9-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  I had same issues on 1.7.4 on the RC Pro and reinstalled 1.7.0 and staying there until DJI gets their act together.
2022-9-20
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Can I roll back RC pro via the PC cause 1.7.5 keep crashing in flight ?
2022-9-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

JayOhio Posted at 9-20 10:39
Can I roll back RC pro via the PC cause 1.7.5 keep crashing in flight ?

Go into the RC Pro settings apps tap Fly then three dots. Uninstall updates. Using the browser go here - https://drive.google.com/drive/u ... pW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5

Download 1.7.0 and install it.
2022-9-20
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-20 10:41
Go into the RC Pro settings apps tap Fly then three dots. Uninstall updates. Using the browser go here - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1No6Y6900jugASpW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5

Download 1.7.0 and install it.

Thanks, seems stable on 1.7.0. Always a guessing game but I feel like I was on 1.7.4 for awhile with no issues. I don't use the map full screen much but after your post I tested it and sure enough it rebooted the app, I also made sure air sense was turned on and that as well rebooted the app.
2022-9-20
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I never did any flying with 1.7.4, and I guess I'm glad after hearing all the horror stories. But I did some brief flying with 1.7.5 yesterday, using a RC Pro for a controller, and didn't encounter any unusual disconnects or other problems.
2022-9-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 9-21 09:56
I never did any flying with 1.7.4, and I guess I'm glad after hearing all the horror stories. But I did some brief flying with 1.7.5 yesterday, using a RC Pro for a controller, and didn't encounter any unusual disconnects or other problems.

Try opening the map while airborne. Every time I and several others did, the app crashed.
2022-9-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-21 10:07
Try opening the map while airborne. Every time I and several others did, the app crashed.

Agreed.  I can recreate this each and every time when drone is in flight.

Definitely an ongoing defect that needs to be correct.   @DJI_Paladin - where is DJI on this??
2022-9-21
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-21 10:07

I've now tried this, and can't reproduce this bug. Running 1.7.5 on a RC Pro, switching to map mode (and back) numerous times while in flight, no issues. I don't doubt that this crash is happening for others though. This indicates that it's a device specific bug, which are much harder to track down the reasons for. So let DJI know (in this thread I guess) what device you are having this issue with - that will help them (?) debug it possibly.
2022-9-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 9-21 16:01
I've now tried this, and can't reproduce this bug. Running 1.7.5 on a RC Pro, switching to map mode (and back) numerous times while in flight, no issues. I don't doubt that this crash is happening for others though. This indicates that it's a device specific bug, which are much harder to track down the reasons for. So let DJI know (in this thread I guess) what device you are having this issue with - that will help them (?) debug it possibly.

I'm not the only one. It's happening to a bunch of people. Do you have Airsense on?
2022-9-21
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-21 16:54
I'm not the only one. It's happening to a bunch of people. Do you have Airsense on?

I'm not doubting you! Or your "bunch of people"! Ah, the perils of using double negatives on an international forum - very easy to be misunderstood.

I am just presenting my experience, in the hopes that it can help DJI find and fix the problems that many are having. Notice how I've mentioned what device I'm using as a controller - it would help DJI fix this if others experiencing this problem would do the same.

No, I did not have airsense turned on. I've now turned it on, and will retest things tomorrow if I get a chance.
2022-9-21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

This is such a shame for DJI - RC Pro is a great BUT Overpriced AND troubled by DJI Fly app flows product
In the spring DJI Fly has picture stutters and freezes so I pick up for few weeks my N1 controller
Now DJI Fly crashes so I missed gorgeous views after a day of travel and not only but DJI Cant fix his own app on his own device for 2 weeks now This is totally unacceptable for a 1000 Euro controller!
2022-9-21
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

2022-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 9-22 16:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ibJncYR30s

Glad yours works. Mine and the others crashes as soon as the map goes full screen. Same firmware as you. No telling what the problem is, I can deal with it as long as I can revert back to a a working version of Fly.
2022-9-22
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

I'm sorry yours (and others) is crashing! And I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.

Just posting this as maybe it will help DJI find what the problem is - like, if this is happening to a lot of people in Europe, but not in the USA or China, they may not be fully aware of the problem.
2022-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 9-22 18:48
I'm sorry yours (and others) is crashing! And I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.

Just posting this as maybe it will help DJI find what the problem is - like, if this is happening to a lot of people in Europe, but not in the USA or China, they may not be fully aware of the problem.

DJI is aware. They have commented on other threads about this. I just hope they fix it.
2022-9-22
Use props
bhallapple
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6587844 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 9-21 20:42
I'm not doubting you! Or your "bunch of people"! Ah, the perils of using double negatives on an international forum - very easy to be misunderstood.

I am just presenting my experience, in the hopes that it can help DJI find and fix the problems that many are having. Notice how I've mentioned what device I'm using as a controller - it would help DJI fix this if others experiencing this problem would do the same.

Airsense with map sett to low risk seems to bring on the issue.  Will not crash if set to medium risk.  I just rolled it back
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_bpAalRgH99ae
New

Jamaica

I am having issued with connect to camera. Gerting a black screen and RC noy connecting to mobile. This started happening as soon as I upgraded to 1.7.5. When I try to go back to 1.7.0 it does the same now. Any ideas on what to do?
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules