4401 20 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying the Avata for awhile now, and I've flown the DJI FPV drone since launch. In this video I go over how the two drones stack up to one another, in addition to the differences between available controllers and headsets.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video that you have filmed and created. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2022-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one.  
2022-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent comparison video.  
2022-9-20
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

brilliant, thanks for sharing
2022-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2022-9-26
Use props
keggyhander
lvl.2

United Kingdom

2022-9-30
Use props
keggyhander
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dude you are fanboying for the newer product. More nimble? You are talking rubbish.
Smaller drone fits into a smaller bag. Who'd a thunk it?
My FPV case allows the props to stay on. Why are you carrying your FPV in a purse? You are carrying the smaller drone in a literally bigger bag than for the bigger drone. Are you for real?
Dude, how in the name of Zeus's butthole does the curly cable snag LESS than a straight cable? There is more to snag on a curly cable!
You are literally making up reasons to shill the AVATA. I have both of these drones but jesus man, stop being such a disingenuous simping shill.
2022-9-30
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi Illuminations,

Very nice comparison and review.
I have also both drones FPV & Avata available and IMHO they are two different systems for two different purposes, like Avata for flying very closely to objects, indoors, not in windy conditions and as you mentioned not to bother other people nearby by high peak and annoying sound. FPV I like very much to feel the raw power and the speed which is huge difference.
Anyway I'm still using V2 glasses as not convinced yet by Goggles 2 due to some issues like not comfortable, signal strength and especially that they are not backward compatible with FPV which is the dealbreaker for me.

Happy flying especially FPV without accidents ;-)

2022-10-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

keggyhander Posted at 9-30 23:54
Dude you are fanboying for the newer product. More nimble? You are talking rubbish.
Smaller drone fits into a smaller bag. Who'd a thunk it?
My FPV case allows the props to stay on. Why are you carrying your FPV in a purse? You are carrying the smaller drone in a literally bigger bag than for the bigger drone. Are you for real?

1. The Avata is a more maneuverable drone that's easier to fly in complex environments: it's more nimble.
2. I felt it was important to demonstrate how much quicker it is to pack/setup the Avata than the DJI FPV drone, and how much more portable it is.
3. The bag I packed the Avata into was just the closest to hand, and I only used it to demonstrate how much easier it is to pack the Avata than the DJI FPV drone.
4. The curly cable is noticeably less easy to snag than the straight one. A straight cable hangs loose, a curled doesn't flop around as much.

I'm not "shilling" the Avata, I'm just saying that I prefer it over the DJI FPV drone for a number of reasons, all of which I believe are very valid. I compared two contemporary products from the same company, each available at a similar price point, and concluded that one of those products is preferable to me for a number of reasons. How is that "shilling"?
2022-10-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Iczeman Posted at 10-1 01:23
Hi Illuminations,

Very nice comparison and review.

Yep, there are definitely reasons to prefer the DJI FPV drone in certain conditions!
My typical FPV drone flying tends to occur dense forest environments where wind isn't an issue and even relatively slow speeds can seem to fast for comfort lol!

Signal strength is definitely an issue with the new goggles, and I should also note that since filming this video I have noticed an annoying tendency for the antennae to fall off of the Goggles 2. I've nearly lost them several times, but have so far lucked out and been able to recover them. I hope DJI makes the next version using the old antennae system, even though that would cut down on their portability a bit.
2022-10-1
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Illuminations Posted at 10-1 08:23
Yep, there are definitely reasons to prefer the DJI FPV drone in certain conditions!
My typical FPV drone flying tends to occur dense forest environments where wind isn't an issue and even relatively slow speeds can seem to fast for comfort lol!

Fully agree that forest environment is awesome with Avata and I like that so much as well.
And lucky you if you are in US and already have issues with signal strength as we in Europe has CE mode, therefore switch to FCC is a MUST for Avata in Europe.
2022-10-1
Use props
keggyhander
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 10-1 08:15
1. The Avata is a more maneuverable drone that's easier to fly in complex environments: it's more nimble.
2. I felt it was important to demonstrate how much quicker it is to pack/setup the Avata than the DJI FPV drone, and how much more portable it is.
3. The bag I packed the Avata into was just the closest to hand, and I only used it to demonstrate how much easier it is to pack the Avata than the DJI FPV drone.

Nonsense. It is not more nimble. it is just less easy to destroy and so is easier to fly stress-free.
2022-10-1
Use props
keggyhander
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 10-1 08:15
3. The bag I packed the Avata into was just the closest to hand, and I only used it to demonstrate how much easier it is to pack the Avata than the DJI FPV drone.

Packing the Avata into a massive bag, and cramming the FPV into a small purse, destroyed any point you wished to make, and made you look deliberately disingenuous.
2022-10-1
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Thanks for the comparison !
2022-10-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Iczeman Posted at 10-1 08:45
Fully agree that forest environment is awesome with Avata and I like that so much as well.
And lucky you if you are in US and already have issues with signal strength as we in Europe has CE mode, therefore switch to FCC is a MUST for Avata in Europe.

Oof, I wasn't aware it was worse in Europe! Yeah, that needs to be fixed.
2022-10-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

keggyhander Posted at 10-1 10:12
Nonsense. It is not more nimble. it is just less easy to destroy and so is easier to fly stress-free.

It's a heck of a lot easier to fly in complex spaces than the DJI FPV drone, and not just because it's more durable (I've crashed it numerous times with no damage whatsoever). Its small size makes the Avata more maneuverable in my experience flying and comparing the behavior of both drones.  
2022-10-1
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

keggyhander Posted at 10-1 10:17
Packing the Avata into a massive bag, and cramming the FPV into a small purse, destroyed any point you wished to make, and made you look deliberately disingenuous.

I'll admit I could have planned that scene better, but those were just the bags I was using at the time to carry the drones and I didn't think too much about it while filming. In hindsight I should have packed both into the same Canon camera bag I put the DJI FPV drone in, or have dug a different smaller bag out of the closet for the Avata.

However, I did clearly demonstrated the prior to packing the drones how much smaller the Avata was and how you don't need to remove the props while transporting it. Was my execution of the scene flawed? Absolutely, but you're nuts if you think I was being "deliberately disingenuous".
2022-10-1
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I just got mine and I've only flown around the inside of the house. I have the FPV also. The Avata will never replace my FPV. I do fast chases (over 70 mph) and it just can't do it. But when I get the chance to do another BMX or Off road chase I think that will be right up the Avata's lane!

I really like the prop ducts for close in work. It's just not a real good comparision though. I drive a Semi truck. While I could compair that to my SUV it would be a little misleading. I can ride arould and haul things in both but they have the places. SUV's for riding around and lite hauling and Semi for hualing and short riding around.

I have FPV for fast action. Mavic pro for steady cinimatic work and now my Avata for close in action.

For the record I've trained people as young as 5yrs on the Mav and The FPV. I've never had a problem. Next time I see my 5yr old grand daugther I'm going to let her at the Avata. She's never flown before. I don't think she'll have any problems.

I know you did the best. It's not a bad vid. Hell mine are not 100% ether. But keep it up!

2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_sCyCYmISmcsO
lvl.1

United States

Two way different drones same flight time one does 86 mph in manual mode
2023-4-21
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both drones, they were made for different scenarios or applications, I don't think any comparison is fair, maybe just pointing out the differences.  Apples are apples and oranges are oranges.
Anyhow, good effort
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules