4893 53 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I have reviewed the flight log data and actually there is flight controller error too. I could not disarm the drone for almost 10 seconds. No stick combination, stop motors switch or throttle down did work, till I have changed mode to normal and throttled down to a stop. And during that time upside down, log shows vertical speed going over 100km/h and even reaching 255km/h (max binary value - 255?).

2022-10-18
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Originalas Posted at 10-18 13:38
I have reviewed the flight log data and actually there is flight controller error too. I could not disarm the drone for almost 10 seconds. No stick combination, stop motors switch or throttle down did work, till I have changed mode to normal and throttled down to a stop. And during that time upside down, log shows vertical speed going over 100km/h and even reaching 255km/h (max binary value - 255?).

[view_image]

Are you referring to the .DAT log? If so, would you mind sharing it?
2022-10-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-18 07:56
Bit of both really as it's either the IMU / FC or FW or a combo of all. Not had any issues thus far, but I'm flying it as a cinewhoop and not expecting it to be a freestyle rig. They will find the issue and sort it.....Eventually.

Sure hope they do.  Seems to be quite a few unhappy Avata owners out there.  Then again some may have had unrealistic expectations for the Avata to begin with.  
2022-10-19
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-19 03:27
Sure hope they do.  Seems to be quite a few unhappy Avata owners out there.  Then again some may have had unrealistic expectations for the Avata to begin with.

Just like they did with the FPV Drone......
2022-10-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-19 04:28
Just like they did with the FPV Drone......

Exactly.  Pilots just have to temper their expectations and do a bit of research as to what limitations, if any, a prospective drone may have.  I haven't seen a do all, be all drone yet.
2022-10-20
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I happen to love my Avata. It does exactly what I need it to do and more. I can do my jobs with real estate, roof inspections, and more and then go out and have a little freestyle fun with it (nothing major just a few flips and some speed). It has its issues with doing freestyle, but hey... it's a freaking ciniwhoop people LOL!
2022-10-20
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-20 06:35
I happen to love my Avata. It does exactly what I need it to do and more. I can do my jobs with real estate, roof inspections, and more and then go out and have a little freestyle fun with it (nothing major just a few flips and some speed). It has its issues with doing freestyle, but hey... it's a freaking ciniwhoop people LOL!

Exactamundo buddy. Fits the bill perfectly for what it does. Loving it so far.
2022-10-23
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

I've been wanting to get into FPV, but with the issues so far with the Avata it doesn't seem like a great choice to get started.  

Is that in the Denver area?  Sure looks a lot like the downtown skyline with the mountains in the background.
2022-10-23
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Ruzhye Posted at 10-23 08:37
I've been wanting to get into FPV, but with the issues so far with the Avata it doesn't seem like a great choice to get started.  

Is that in the Denver area?  Sure looks a lot like the downtown skyline with the mountains in the background.

Avata is a great cinewhoop for slow and smooth video.

The problem is not the drone but people who misuse the Avata for all stupid reasons trying to make it freestyle or race. Cinewhoop isn't ment for that.
2022-10-24
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

More 'promotional videos' for DJI. Maybe they just should admit and recall the bloody drone?

2022-10-27
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Probably should suspend sales until it's resolved.
2022-10-30
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

Originalas Posted at 10-18 13:38

[view_image]

Tell me how you saw that.   

2022-10-30
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

You can replay flights in fly app. It shows flight path on the map and all errors, it flickered sensor error between many other errors and it showed definetly impossible vertical speeds of over +200km/h.

And I did send the drone to DJI. They did a refund it with no questions and even added a gift with DJI store credit.

I think, I will wait now. Maybe DJI will update the drone or at least I will get it again on some promo. I have received C157 motors from Axisfly that should solve yaw spin problem.. but do not want to mod a new drone and loose warranty, if there is a problem not only with underpowered motors.
2022-10-30
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Could not be happier refunding the Avata trash.. and simply upgrading my old cinelogs with O3 units.

2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules