New DJI RC Firmware Released (10/26/2022)
12Next >
7187 63 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.10.26
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0000
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.8

What’s New
  • Added support to use with DJI Air 2S.
  • DJI RC now supports FlyShare. FlyShare allows users to transfer files from the remote controller to a mobile device. FlyShare requires DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Overview:

• Date: 2022.09.16
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0450
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.7.4

What’s New
  • Optimized the flight recorder.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

2022-9-19
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

Thank you for the update...
2022-9-19
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the update!
2022-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will there be an update soon for DJI Fly App: v1.7.5 now thats been released for other platforms?
2022-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 00:58
Will there be an update soon for DJI Fly App: v1.7.5 now thats been released for other platforms?

Great question DA.  They must have decided to quickly fix a few of the bugs that 1.7.4 intro'd.  Would be nice if they kept the RC updated much quicker than the last update from 1.6.9 to 1.7.4
2022-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-20 03:36
Great question DA.  They must have decided to quickly fix a few of the bugs that 1.7.4 intro'd.  Would be nice if they kept the RC updated much quicker than the last update from 1.6.9 to 1.7.4

I just updated mine,  couldn’t resist and I’m now walking down to my regular testing spot.   Fingers crossed.  
2022-9-20
Use props
Albino Koch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557812 ft

Brazil

Please make it compatible for mini 2, thanks.
2022-9-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-20 03:36

Check for Chinese notes. Also check if opening the map causes it to crash. It does on my RC Pro.
2022-9-20
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update Dji, pls make it compatible with the mini 2.
2022-9-20
Use props
garimba
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21965 ft
Spain

Mini-G Posted at 9-19 23:56
Thanks for the update! Where’s the toggle switch to make it compatible with the Air 2s.
If it’s not going to be due to whatever reason. It would be nice for this to be announced?
I think the loyal user group should know

Don't waste your time @Dji Support they are programmed robots and their answer is always the same
2022-9-20
Use props
fans74d1332f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8215 ft
United States

DJI Fly now crashes every five seconds on my Smart Controller with the Mavic 3 Cine. Was working fine before. Really making the case for why I should switch to another brand. I'm at a shoot now and have to tell my clients that the company that makes my drone has incompetent software developers and so I can't get what they want. Thanks a bunch.
2022-9-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

fans74d1332f Posted at 9-20 14:31
DJI Fly now crashes every five seconds on my Smart Controller with the Mavic 3 Cine. Was working fine before. Really making the case for why I should switch to another brand. I'm at a shoot now and have to tell my clients that the company that makes my drone has incompetent software developers and so I can't get what they want. Thanks a bunch.

Uninstall Fly updates then download and install 1.7.0 from here - https://drive.google.com/drive/u ... pW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5
2022-9-20
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Fly now crashes every five seconds on my Smart Controller with the Mavic 3 Cine. Was working fine before. Really making the case for why I should switch to another brand. I'm at a shoot now and have to tell my clients that the company that makes my drone has incompetent software developers and so I can't get what they want. Thanks a bunch.

If you've got the Mavic 3 Cine, then you don't have a Smart Controller.  You likely have the RC Pro.  The Smart Controller is an older device that definitely is not compatible with the Mavic 3 drones.

If you are doing work for money, I would highly recommend that you thoroughly test any updates you make to your systems before going out on a customer job.  That way you can be sure when you get to the job site, you have mitigated any risks associated with a change and have a much higher likelihood of success on site.  Stuff not working looks bad for you, not for the DJI in the eyes of your customer.  

Also, there is a saying in many walks of life that goes something along the lines of "two is one and one is none".  When doing work for paying customers, this is a good strategy to have.  I would never go on a project with any single device that would stop me from doing the project if it doesn't work for some reason.  This includes the drone itself, controllers, viewing devices, batteries, storage cards, etc, etc.

Although it can be frustrating when an update goes awry, don't let someone else be the excuse that causes you to miss out on a current paycheck.  Or worse, losing out on multiple future paychecks due to losing out on repeat business from that customer you couldn't complete.  Like a Boy Scout, be prepared!
2022-9-20
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 00:58

DJI Fly Apps V1.7.5 Android is released.

2022-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 9-20 22:18
DJI Fly Apps V1.7.5 Android is released.

[view_image]

I know,   but thats not available for the DJI RC,  at least at the time I asked the question.
2022-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 04:00
I just updated mine,  couldn’t resist and I’m now walking down to my regular testing spot.   Fingers crossed.

Got my finger crossed for you too.  
2022-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-20 05:33
Check for Chinese notes. Also check if opening the map causes it to crash. It does on my RC Pro.

Yep, I saw the chinese notes.  Opening the map also crashed the App.  Definitely wasn't tested well before being released.
2022-9-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-21 03:35
Got my finger crossed for you too.

Just did a return to home test and the estimated time has been removed.  
2022-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-21 03:38
Just did a return to home test and the estimated time has been removed.

Oh no, I didn't notice that but I didn't try a RTH.  Guess that is one of the few things I failed to try.
2022-9-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-21 04:14
Oh no, I didn't notice that but I didn't try a RTH.  Guess that is one of the few things I failed to try.

Its not a biggie but Ive done a couple now and they were all missing so I think it was deliberate.  
2022-9-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-22 00:28
Its not a biggie but Ive done a couple now and they were all missing so I think it was deliberate.

Hmmm, sure sounds like it was deliberate.  
2022-9-22
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

We need support for the Air 2S
2022-9-22
Use props
kuruka juu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668540 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 9-20 04:00

Mucha suerte!!
2022-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lol,  thanks

I need notice a couple of things -

The back of the controller seems to get warmer than before
RTH no longer estimates how long it will take.
2022-9-23
Use props
iflycams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372661 ft
United States

DJI Fly now crashes every five seconds on my Smart Controller with the Mavic 3 Cine. Was working fine before. Really making the case for why I should switch to another brand. I'm at a shoot now and have to tell my clients that the company that makes my drone has incompetent software developers and so I can't get what they want. Thanks a bunch.

Is there not a method for retrograding to a previous version of software?

Willie
2022-9-23
Use props
kuruka juu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668540 ft
Spain

Muchas gracias por el trabajo.
2022-9-26
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

- RTH no longer estimates how long it will take

- (deleted)

- Still the advanced gimbal settings for CINEMODE are not correctly saved or applied in flight mode. After Take Off, the N-Mode and C-Mode settings are the same. It is NOT POSSIBLE to set the Gimbal Pitch to 1 or 3 so that these settings are used in flight.
Without spinning motors it works, once the motors are started the N-Mode settings are also used for C-Mode.
Why? The safety related issue has been known to DJI since May 2022 and will not be fixed....

2022-9-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

RoZis Posted at 9-26 07:57
- RTH no longer estimates how long it will take

- "Own position (RC) is no longer displayed (blue dot) in the compass, only homepoint and drone.  Why? That was a very nice function, means when RC is perfectly alligned to drohne, blue dot turned to green. Now  it has been removed, why?

If the controller location is not shown, the controller does not have a good gps lock. It can take a while. Turn your controller on before your drone.
RTH time, that is a really good feature. Not good that it is gone.
2022-9-26
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-26 08:05
If the controller location is not shown, the controller does not have a good gps lock. It can take a while. Turn your controller on before your drone.
RTH time, that is a really good feature. Not good that it is gone.

OK, I will doublecheck.
You are right, takes bit longer but works

2022-9-26
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

As much as I appreciate the Chinese culture, I would prefer the text in the RC to be in English. If that's OK with you, DJI.

2022-9-28
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810751 ft
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 9-20 19:22
If you've got the Mavic 3 Cine, then you don't have a Smart Controller.  You likely have the RC Pro.  The Smart Controller is an older device that definitely is not compatible with the Mavic 3 drones.

If you are doing work for money, I would highly recommend that you thoroughly test any updates you make to your systems before going out on a customer job.  That way you can be sure when you get to the job site, you have mitigated any risks associated with a change and have a much higher likelihood of success on site.  Stuff not working looks bad for you, not for the DJI in the eyes of your customer.  

I 200% agree with you.
2022-9-30
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810751 ft
Germany

The update works fine so far. But like many other users said, please make the RC compatible with the Mini 2.
Thanks in advance!
2022-9-30
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

Here is one more vote for the Mini 2
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team and see how we can do better.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you.
2022-10-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Check for Chinese notes. Also check if opening the map causes it to crash. It does on my RC Pro
2022-10-9
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-7 00:12
Dear all,
Thank you for your feedback.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team and see how we can do better.

The Flight log show overall status from other drones but doesn't import all flight data from my old Mavic Pro flights.... Would like the flags footprints to be back, it was a nice feature in DJI Go 4  Flight Log
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ro_walker Posted at 10-9 19:45
The Flight log show overall status from other drones but doesn't import all flight data from my old Mavic Pro flights.... Would like the flags footprints to be back, it was a nice feature in DJI Go 4  Flight Log

Hi, there.
Thanks for your feedback.
We will check it and forward it to the relevant team.
If you need any other support, please feel free to let us know here.
Thank you again for your support.
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ro_walker Posted at 10-9 19:43
Check for Chinese notes. Also check if opening the map causes it to crash. It does on my RC Pro

May we confirm if this problem is resolved now?
If not, could you please tell us your phone model and version and send us a related screenshot or video?
Then we will check it and reply to you here asap.
Thank you in advance.
2022-10-9
Use props
MAVERICK ALEXANDER
New

Italy

Hello fantastico lavoro! Ho un Dji Spark preso quasi nuovo da un amico. Fine settembre ho acquistato Dji Mini 2 Combo. Quando uscirà upgrade firmware per pilotare Dji Mini 2 con Dji Rc ? Ho acquistato Dji RC  scorsa settimana poiché ho letto sul web che questo aggiornamento avverrà prossimamente. Grazie Dji AD ALTIORA! Maverick Alexander
2022-10-10
Use props
MAVERICK ALEXANDER
New

Italy

Hello fantastico lavoro! Ho un Dji Spark preso quasi nuovo da un amico. Fine settembre ho acquistato Dji Mini 2 Combo. Quando uscirà upgrade firmware per pilotare Dji Mini 2 con Dji Rc ? Ho acquistato Dji RC  scorsa settimana poiché ho letto sul web che questo aggiornamento avverrà prossimamente. Grazie Dji AD ALTIORA! Maverick Alexander
2022-10-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules