744 6 2022-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blufx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14603 ft

United States

Hello folks,
I bought a crashed Phantom 4 but found it was going to cost more than I thought repairing it. Then I found new P4s minus the controller, camera, and battery at a very low price at the DJI store on eBay.   I installed the camera and battery in the new drone and looked for info on linking it to the RC. I've followed directions for linking with and without DJI GO 4 but it's still linked to the old drone. Or at least both the controller and drone have a green light. I explained this in a message to DJI via eBay messages. Their reply suggested unlinking the old drone. I had thought of that but I haven't any info on how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance,
Mark                                 

2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and connect your aircraft please update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft. After that, connect your RC to your DJI GO 4 app and connect to a network then initiate the firmware update if that notifies you on the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
2022-9-19
Use props
blufx
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-19 23:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and connect your aircraft please update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft. After that, connect your RC to your DJI GO 4 app and connect to a network then initiate the firmware update if that notifies you on the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

Hi Paladin and thanks 4 the reply. I'm downloading the  app now but I don't know how quickly I can post the results, but I will postthem.
Thanks Mark
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

blufx Posted at 9-21 01:31
Hi Paladin and thanks 4 the reply. I'm downloading the  app now but I don't know how quickly I can post the results, but I will postthem.
Thanks Mark

No worries, blufx. Just keep us posted on the result of your test for us to help you furtehr. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-9-21
Use props
blufx
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 03:22
No worries, blufx. Just keep us posted on the result of your test for us to help you furtehr. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Well, the results were rather disappointing. I couldn't get anything. I'm off to get new cables and OTG adapter.  I'll post news when I have it.

Blufx
2022-9-21
Use props
blufx
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 03:22
No worries, blufx. Just keep us posted on the result of your test for us to help you furtehr. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Paladin, I got new cables and updated the firmware in the new drone, but still can't link the drone and controller. Following instructions from DJI video, I should hear beeping from the drone while attempting to link. I don't. I do get the startup tone fron the drone, but nothing after that. Would it help if I connected the RC and drone by wire?
Blufx

2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

blufx Posted at 9-23 03:35
Hi Paladin, I got new cables and updated the firmware in the new drone, but still can't link the drone and controller. Following instructions from DJI video, I should hear beeping from the drone while attempting to link. I don't. I do get the startup tone fron the drone, but nothing after that. Would it help if I connected the RC and drone by wire?
Blufx

Since you already perform all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue but still the issue persists,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules