Sound
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

Took my P3A out for its first flight.  Everything went well but upon playing the video back there is no sound.  Should there be sound and if so is there a way to turn it on and off?
2015-8-8
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

LOL there is no sound but I wouldn't mind sound either even if it was a constant brrrrrr.
2015-8-8
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think it is a good feature that there is no sound recording at the Phantom end. As you say, bastell, it would just be the sound of the drone and would simply add NOTHING but to increase the size of the recorded files.  
2015-8-8
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

motoscoddie Posted at 2015-8-9 15:35
I think it is a good feature that there is no sound recording at the Phantom end. As you say, bastel ...

You can litsen to the motors, to see if they make weird noises. That can HELP A LOT in many ways.
2015-8-9
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Use a sound recording app on your phone or tablet. You can add live narration!  Finding an app that doesn't tax your resources would be helpful. A small digital audio recorder works well too... like a Tascam or Zoom.
2015-8-9
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for the replies.  I understand that you are not going to get much sound other than the props spinning.  I just knew I have heard the prop sounds and wind sounds on some videos and was curious.
2015-8-9
Use props
Nic6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165 ft
United Kingdom

coherent Posted at 2015-8-9 21:37
Use a sound recording app on your phone or tablet. You can add live narration!  Finding an app that  ...

You can add audio and edit video using Sony Vegas 13 Pro (I assume).
2015-8-9
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Good God the last thing I want on a video is the constant boring sound sound of the props, for heavens sake I hope they never bring sound back !!
2015-8-9
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

buzzcbr@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-9 23:15
Good God the last thing I want on a video is the constant boring sound sound of the props, for heave ...

Totally agreed. Many videos that have obviously been taken with a GoAmateur-equipped drone seem to include the constant buzz, which is just annoying and pointless.
2015-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules