New RS 3 Pro Firmware Released (5/16/2023)
12Next >
22710 53 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.05.16
  • Firmware: v01.04.00.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.72
  • DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle Firmware: v32.33
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.6.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.6.4
  • User Manual: v1.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for autofocus when using DJI Ronin 3D Focus System.
  • Added support for autofocus when using DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) with the compatible L Mount auto lens and the Panasonic S1H camera. Requires DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) firmware v00.00.00.50 or above.
  • Optimized the calibration experience for DJI Focus Motor by reducing the stiffness.

Notes:
  • Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RS 3 Pro.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 3 Pro via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 3 Pro during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the Image Transmitter via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter during the update process.
  • If DJI RS 3 Pro has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 3 Pro and retry.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.02.01
  • Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.72
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.6.0
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.6.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for zoom control using front dial for Sony FX3, A7S3, A7C, A7M3, A7M4, A7R3, A7R4, A9 II, ZV-1, A6400 and A6600 cameras when connecting the gimbal via Bluetooth.
  • Added support for focus pull using front dial for BMPCC 4K, BMPCC 6K and BMPCC 6K Pro cameras when connecting the gimbal via Bluetooth.
  • Added support for mapping M button to the C1 or Fn1 button of the Sony A7S3, A7M3, ZV-1 and NiKon Z50 and Z6II cameras.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for the Sony A7R5 camera with supported Sony E mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Sony A7R5 camera, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, zoom and autofocus support for Sony A7R5 camera with supported Sony E mount lenses using a Multi USB Camera Control Cable. To use autofocus on the Sony A7R5 camera, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic Lumix S5 II cameras with supported L-mount lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic Lumix S5 II, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.

Notes:
  • Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RS 3 Pro.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 3 Pro via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 3 Pro during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the Image Transmitter via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter during the update process.
  • If DJI RS 3 Pro has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.

Overview

• Date: 2022.09.20
  • Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.30
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.5.0
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.5.2

What’s New?
  • Added support for DZOFILM Vespid Cyber Cine lens without lens calibration with DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS).
  • Added support for autofocus when using 2x zoom with DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS).
  • Added support for the DJI R Focus Wheel to control the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022). Note: the gimbal front dial needs to be set to a non-focus motor feature to control the focus wheel with the focus motor.
  • Added support for the DJI R SDK to control the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022).
  • Optimized ActiveTrack performance with DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS).
  • Optimized the follow curves for PTF mode to make the follow speed of tilt and pan axes stay the same.
  • Disabled the control stick for the roll and pan axes in FPV mode.

Notes:

2022-9-20
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for sharing these info...
2022-9-20
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2022-9-20
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

About this : Added support for the DJI R SDK to control the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022).

No, it still does not work properly after the update ....
2022-9-24
Use props
Youk Tanzil
lvl.1

Indonesia

Does The new update works with SONY FX3 Firmware Version 2 as well as FX6 - Thanks
2022-9-25
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

After this update I am now having problems with raven eye not tracking
2022-9-25
Use props
APC-R User
lvl.2

United States

I can also confirm the focus motor 2022 does not work with focus wheel yet.
2022-9-28
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Thank you!!!
2022-10-2
Use props
willo330
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased the DJI RS3 Pro stabilizer. I have it connected to a Canon C70. The camera control cable are very limited and it is not compatible with the latest C70 firmware v1.0.4.1. Nothing works! When will DJI offer the RS3 Pro firmware update that gives full control of the Canon C70?
2022-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

willo330 Posted at 10-3 06:28
I just purchased the DJI RS3 Pro stabilizer. I have it connected to a Canon C70. The camera control cable are very limited and it is not compatible with the latest C70 firmware v1.0.4.1. Nothing works! When will DJI offer the RS3 Pro firmware update that gives full control of the Canon C70?

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Can we know what functions cannot be controlled after connecting? For more details, you can also check this link: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosc70
Thank you in advance.

GTScreenshot_20221004_144240.png
2022-10-3
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

DJI Focus Motor 2022 still does NOT WORK properly so you haven't fixed it. Come on DJI sometimes you can do great stuff sometimes the job is just so unprofessional and disappointing . Can't believe you discountinued the previous focus motor which was working very well.
2022-10-5
Use props
nghia89
lvl.1

Vietnam

My ronin rs3 pro horizon if off level
2022-10-5
Use props
AsquaredTV
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Hello, I am unable to connect my Panasonic GH6 to the Ronin RS3 Pro via USB-C or Bluetooth. The focus motor works but I am unable to connect via Bluetooth and the control cable (USB-C).
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

steady_skies Posted at 10-5 08:02
DJI Focus Motor 2022 still does NOT WORK properly so you haven't fixed it. Come on DJI sometimes you can do great stuff sometimes the job is just so unprofessional and disappointing . Can't believe you discountinued the previous focus motor which was working very well.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Could you tell us more details and send us a video so that we can confirm the problem better?
Thank you in advance.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nghia89 Posted at 10-5 19:28

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
May we know more details of your problem?
Then we will see how we can help you more.
Thank you in advance.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AsquaredTV Posted at 10-6 04:29
Hello, I am unable to connect my Panasonic GH6 to the Ronin RS3 Pro via USB-C or Bluetooth. The focus motor works but I am unable to connect via Bluetooth and the control cable (USB-C).

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Could you please check the following details:
1. Please turn off all the devices and try again.
2. Disable the camera’s Bluetooth function (If the camera’s Bluetooth function is enabled and connected to the gimbal‘s Bluetooth, the gimbal will use the wireless shutter control first.)
3. Check whether the camera functions have been set based on the notes on the compatibility list on the DJI official website.
If the problem exists, please send us a related video. Thank you.
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_RO4bhdtFfvg3
New

United States

After updating to this firmware, my focus motor no longer works (solid red LED) and the LiDAR has a flashing red light on the C1 LED. I've had this unit for months and it was working fine before this update.
Edit: Looks like it was a defective cable which happened to coincide with the update. I replaced the cable and it works now.

2022-10-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_RO4bhdtFfvg3 Posted at 10-7 09:36
After updating to this firmware, my focus motor no longer works (solid red LED) and the LiDAR has a flashing red light on the C1 LED. I've had this unit for months and it was working fine before this update.
Edit: Looks like it was a defective cable which happened to coincide with the update. I replaced the cable and it works now.

Thanks for the update.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
Please note that if you have any questions, you may need to reply to my answer so that I can see your update. (Or you can contact me via PM)
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-8
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello,

When will you actually fix the 2022 Motor not working with the SDK ? The previous DJI R Focus motor works properly.

Or maybe you could manufacture the old motor again ? It was working very good , why did you make a new motor that doesn't work
2022-10-10
Use props
APC-R User
lvl.2

United States

Hoping to purchase another RS3 Pro, but need that focus wheel  fixed. The 2022 focus motor (dual USB C) cannot be controlled via focus wheel accessory currently (10/10/22). Tried different settings, but nothing worked. Currently using old focus motor from RS2. Help?
2022-10-10
Use props
nghia89
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-6 23:48
Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
May we know more details of your problem?

It's not leveling, -1-> -0.5 wil leveling when starting, after 1 minutes it will level, horizon calibrate does not work.
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nghia89 Posted at 10-14 03:15
It's not leveling, -1-> -0.5 wil leveling when starting, after 1 minutes it will level, horizon calibrate does not work.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please check the following details and keep us updated. Thank you.
1. Make sure that the gimbal is balanced, and a gimbal auto tune is performed.
2. Swipe down on the touchscreen, and enter the "Settings" page. Find and tap "Horiz Calibration" in the settings page. Place the gimbal on a level surface. Enter the “Horiz Calibration” page, and tap "Horiz Calibration”. Do not touch the gimbal during calibration.
3. Swipe down on the touchscreen, and enter the "Settings" page. Find and tap "Horiz Calibration" in the settings page. In the “Horiz Calibration” page, tap “Tune Manually”, tap the “+” or “-” icon to adjust te camera view.
4. If none of the above operations works, please send us the following information, we will confirm with the relevant team and reply to you asap:
1) A video that shows this malfunction (with straight buildings in the background as reference).
2) Screenshots of the motor parameters in the Ronin app interface.
3) The gimbal firmware version.
2022-10-16
Use props
fans612c3252
New

United States

It would be great if we could get a custom button added to these gimbals. I would love to be able to map a button to quickly do a focus motor calibration instrad of going thru the menu every time. There's a button on the screen (bottom left) that tells you which mode you're in, but when you click on it, it tells you to use the switch on the side of the gimbal. Why? Could you make that screen button a mapabale custom button? Great idea. I think so.
2023-1-11
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

When I go to install the new firmware I get a message that says the firmware is BETA.
None of the announcements say its beta firmware.
Why an I getting this message?

Also is it possible to revert to the previous firmware if the firmware has issues?
2023-2-1
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

FredBGG Posted at 2-1 09:16
When I go to install the new firmware I get a message that says the firmware is BETA.

Yeah mine says same thing. If you are on a iPhone you roll back by hitting the three lines in top left of app, touch firmware, then where it says firmware version hold down on the firmware version number for 10 seconds or so and you will get option to roll back.
2023-2-1
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

FredBGG Posted at 2-1 09:16

he is now official firmware
2023-2-1
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

quick question...how to force the update? i got the message fom the app about a new firmware available but i lost it after some minutes and i can't see the raveneye firmware version anymore and don't know if the update went wrong
2023-2-5
Use props
grkfire
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132516 ft
United States

The Lidar camera is working because I can see it on the screen, but the AF/MF button on the unit itself, nor assigning it to the "M" button, the autofocus no longer activates.  The light always stays flashing red. Does anyone else with this problem?  I've also connected to the DJI Assistant app to make sure there wasn't a new firmware for the lidar unit itself, but all is up to date.
2023-2-13
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
I could not update when using the latest app version, I had to use an earlier version

and "Disabled the control stick for the roll and pan axes in FPV mode." why?
2023-2-15
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

The firmware update fails saying make the phone closer and never get successful even make it closer.
2023-2-21
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Dji.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_g1zppnp7LPiC
New
Italy

Hello and sorry for my bad english. I have a BMPCC 6K. What does It means "Added support for focus pull..."?
Thank you!
2023-2-25
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Don't update if you need the Focus Motor, it is completely unstable and you will have to recalibrate from time to time
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_LpxTUcNO3avx
lvl.1
  • >>>
Vietnam

My new gimbal has the level issue! It’s not level about 1-1.2 degree! I try horizon Calibration but i see when it start Calibration, it level at the balance center, but when complete 100% it start not level again? I just manual tune , i’ve returned to DJI and receive a new Gimbal Body but still have the issue! Is it issue from firmware? Because it cause when panning it still not level, i must face with this problem, i’m not happy with the price i must pay for this, i love the RS2 because it no had any issues! Maybe my fault is replace the RS2 by the RS3 Pro!
2023-3-16
Use props
bakerfish75
New

United States

would like to see portrait control support in the next update. its very hard to keep it on track if the joy stick is disabled.
2023-4-16
Use props
The4DGuru
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dose the a7c work with the rs3 and raven eye?
2023-4-20
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

What is the matching firmware for the focus motor 2022 for this update?  Update notification appeared once on the app as version 1.0 but failed then never appear again so I’m using the .03
2023-4-21
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

guys i'm trying to update the firmware using the dji assistant desktop app....but it looks not working

i did connect the rs3 pro to the battery usb port but it's not recognized, any help is wellcome

how do you update the firmware usually?
2023-4-22
Use props
GeForceGinger
lvl.1

United States

nghia89 Posted at 2022-10-5 19:28

Me too.              I cant figure it out.  Not happy         
2023-4-25
Use props
GeForceGinger
lvl.1

United States

nghia89 Posted at 2022-10-14 03:15

Me too.              I cant figure it out.  Not happy         
2023-4-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules