• Date: 2023.05.16
  • Firmware: v01.04.00.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.72
  • DJI Ronin Tethered Control Handle Firmware: v32.33
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.6.6
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.6.4
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added support for autofocus when using DJI Ronin 3D Focus System.
  • Optimized the calibration experience for DJI Focus Motor by reducing the stiffness.

Notes:
  • Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RS 3.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 3 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 3 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the Image Transmitter via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter during the update process.
  • If DJI RS 3 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart DJI RS 3 and retry.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.02.01
  • Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.72
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.6.0
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.6.0

What’s New?
  • Added support for BG30 Grip.
  • Added support for zoom control using front dial for Sony FX3, A7S3, A7C, A7M3, A7M4, A7R3, A7R4, A9 II, ZV-1, A6400 and A6600 cameras when connecting the gimbal via Bluetooth.
  • Added support for mapping M button to the C1 or Fn1 button of the Sony A7S3, A7M3, ZV-1 and NiKon Z50 and Z6II cameras.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for the Sony A7R5 camera with supported Sony E mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Sony A7R5 camera, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, zoom and autofocus support for Sony A7R5 camera with supported Sony E mount lenses using a Multi USB Camera Control Cable. To use autofocus on the Sony A7R5 camera, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, camera settings, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic Lumix S5 II cameras with supported L-mount lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic Lumix S5 II, half press the camera control button on the gimbal.
  • Optimized the follow curves for PTF mode to make the follow speed of tilt and pan axes stay the same.
  • Optimized the FPV mode, fixed the out of level issue for the roll axis in FPV mode.

Notes:
  • Motor parameters are reset after updating firmware. Make sure to autotune DJI RS 3.
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin app is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Update the firmware using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the DJI RS 3 via Bluetooth. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI RS 3 during the update process.
  • Update the firmware for the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter using the DJI Ronin app by connecting the Image Transmitter via Wi-Fi. Do not disconnect the DJI Ronin app and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter during the update process.
  • If DJI RS 3 has a camera attached and is powered on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will power off during the update.

Overview

• Date: 2022.09.20
  • Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI Ronin Image Transmitter (RavenEye) Firmware: v01.03.00.30
  • DJI Ronin App iOS: v1.5.0
  • DJI Ronin App Android: v1.5.2

What’s New?
  • Added support for BG30 Grip.
  • Optimized the follow curves for PTF mode to make the follow speed of tilt and pan axes stay the same.
  • Disabled the control stick for the roll and pan axes in FPV mode.

Notes:

2022-9-20
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for sharing these info...
2022-9-20
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2022-9-20
Use props
christian.tesa
lvl.1
Italy

I can't find this Firmware in DJI App. My RS3 Firmware is stuck on 01.00.00.00 and i can't find 01.00.01.00
2022-10-3
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

christian.tesa Posted at 10-3 04:30
I can't find this Firmware in DJI App. My RS3 Firmware is stuck on 01.00.00.00 and i can't find 01.00.01.00

Same here.
2022-11-3
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

christian.tesa Posted at 10-3 04:30
I can't find this Firmware in DJI App. My RS3 Firmware is stuck on 01.00.00.00 and i can't find 01.00.01.00

Same here, ive updated the Ronin App but still nothing....
2022-11-15
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

The firmware was removed by DJI thats why it doesnt show up anymore...
2022-11-16
Use props
MrBernd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297694 ft
Germany

Joystick smoothness is jittery in lower value. doesn´t work under "10". gimbal movement is jumping. useless function.
I just can't believe DJI isn't able to produce a properly working firmware after years of producing these devices. time and time again these updates have inadequate functions.
can someone tell me how i can downgrade to the previous version?

2023-2-13
Use props
revilo_drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1319954 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am not able to get the new function „Mapping RS3 M-Button to C1-Camera-Button“ working. On the RS3 the M-Button is configured to trigger the C1-Button but nothing is happening on my Sony A7sIII. Both are connected via the Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C), record-Button is working. Any Ideas?
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_mCNopFfVcVPy
New

Egypt

hello  . . . I just bought a RS3 combo and i have a problem, a serious problem ! .. who can i can ask for support ?
2023-2-18
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

what do you mean Added support for BG30 Grip? Can we use the rs3 pro battery to the rs3?
if yes how many hours the DJI Ronin BG30 Grip powers DJI Rs3 ?
2023-2-20
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice update
2023-2-23
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

MrBernd Posted at 2-13 07:43
Joystick smoothness is jittery in lower value. doesn´t work under "10". gimbal movement is jumping. useless function.
I just can't believe DJI isn't able to produce a properly working firmware after years of producing these devices. time and time again these updates have inadequate functions.
can someone tell me how i can downgrade to the previous version?

go to firmware on the Ronin app, then hold 10 sedonds on the firmware
2023-2-24
Use props
intense-951
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello, help me please, I can't update the firmware. error code 1003.
2023-2-25
Use props
beyondLimits
lvl.1
Germany

Hey! I have a question regarding the new update.

It says: “Added support for zoom control using front dial for certain Sony cameras when connecting the gimbal via Bluetooth.”

How exactly does it work, the zoom control via dial and Bluetooth connection ? When I tried it with my a7S III it said “invalid lens” (24-70GM II). Do I need a special lens ?

How exactly will it work ? Is this just a digital zoom or is my lens supposed to zoom by itself ? Don’t I need the focus motor for it ?? I’m really confused about that.

Can someone please elaborate ? Thank you!!
2023-2-26
Use props
fans3701fd70
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Latest update said “Added support for autofocus when using DJI Ronin 3D Focus System.”
Where can I find the setting menu for 3D Focus ?
2023-5-23
Use props
onur çelik
New

Turkey

I am still waiting fujifilm x-t5 support when it'll come?
2023-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules