Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tattoo Shop Fly Through with Motion Controller
350 15 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

Yesterday I did a fly through of my brother-in-laws Tattoo Shop here in Derry. I was using the Motion Controller with the camera set to 4K60, Ultra Wide and Rocksteady turned on.

In hindsight - I should have gone for 2.7K 100 to sort the flickering of the interior lights - every day's a learning day!


2022-9-20
Use props
Jo060
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1567575 ft
United States
Offline

Awesome job!
2022-9-20
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
United States
Offline

Nice flight. I think the flickering would bug me so much I would have to take a redo.
Maybe do 3 shoots with different settings and maybe try a ND filter.
2022-9-20
Use props
ps3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344098 ft
United States
Offline

Great work!
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator
Offline

Hello there Scatamonky. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed. Nice flying and have a nice day.
2022-9-20
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

Bob Brown Posted at 9-20 16:58
Nice flight. I think the flickering would bug me so much I would have to take a redo.
Maybe do 3 shoots with different settings and maybe try a ND filter.

I may be able to save this clip - I was just googling "fixing flickering lights in the edit" and there is a method where you duplicate your video on the timeline, then advance it 1 frame forward and reduce the Opacity to 50%

Or, duplicate it twice, having the first 1 frame forward at 67% opacity and the second 2 frames forward at 33%

Going to try this out later tonight to see if it works!
2022-9-21
Use props
rustyron72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78547 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

Great video. Also good to see just the motion controller being used. It certainly has it's place alongside the RC.
2022-9-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
United States
Offline

Scatamonky Posted at 9-21 01:03
I may be able to save this clip - I was just googling "fixing flickering lights in the edit" and there is a method where you duplicate your video on the timeline, then advance it 1 frame forward and reduce the Opacity to 50%

Or, duplicate it twice, having the first 1 frame forward at 67% opacity and the second 2 frames forward at 33%

Well that is a neat trick. Let me know if that works... I have a video that I can't re-shoot now would love to try this. I always regreted not taking a redo when the window of time to do so was there.
2022-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
  • >>>
United States
Offline

Great job of flying.    Your brother-in-law has a really nice and well equipped tattoo shop.
2022-9-21
Use props
mattbrad2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47087 ft

United States
Offline

Problem with 2.7k is you can't use Rocksteady with it. Great video though!
2022-9-21
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

Scatamonky Posted at 9-21 01:03
I may be able to save this clip - I was just googling "fixing flickering lights in the edit" and there is a method where you duplicate your video on the timeline, then advance it 1 frame forward and reduce the Opacity to 50%

Or, duplicate it twice, having the first 1 frame forward at 67% opacity and the second 2 frames forward at 33%

I can confirm this does work! - Adding two additional video tracks - advanced 1 frame and then another frame - set the opacity of the first to 67% and the other to 33% and the flickering completely disappeared!
2022-9-21
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 15944757 ft
  • >>>
United States
Offline

Scatamonky Posted at 9-21 06:26
I can confirm this does work! - Adding two additional video tracks - advanced 1 frame and then another frame - set the opacity of the first to 67% and the other to 33% and the flickering completely disappeared!

Glad to see you found this trick.  I was going to comment about this trick, but glad you already found and got it to work.  

Well done on the fly through. Looks like fun.  

These internal fly through videos are a great example of why DJI need to implement gyro data for more than just wide FOV.  For small internal spaces, Ultra Wide is the way to go.  Rocksteady does a pretty good job, but GyroFlow would make it look like butter!  Until DJI adds gyro data in more modes for the Avata and adds it to the new Action 3, GoPro will still be the gold standard for these types of videos.
2022-9-21
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

Bob Brown Posted at 9-21 02:44
Well that is a neat trick. Let me know if that works... I have a video that I can't re-shoot now would love to try this. I always regreted not taking a redo when the window of time to do so was there.

Yes - totally works - I followed this guys first method - I ended up having to add two additional tracks as my motion was quite quick.

2022-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2408829 ft
Netherlands
Offline

Very nice work!
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_eDQ8pFwQBmWx
lvl.1

United States
Offline

Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to all this and have the Avata as my first drone. Have yet to fly been working. But how are you getting sounds out of the drone camera footage and even sounds in the tattoo shop without hearing any drone prop noise? I also was under the impression that the drone didn't record sound. Great video
2022-9-26
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom
Offline

djiuser_eDQ8pFwQBmWx Posted at 9-26 00:33
Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to all this and have the Avata as my first drone. Have yet to fly been working. But how are you getting sounds out of the drone camera footage and even sounds in the tattoo shop without hearing any drone prop noise? I also was under the impression that the drone didn't record sound. Great video

You're absolutely correct - the drone does not record any sound - cause if it did - it would only record prop noise.

Everything you hear in my video is artificial and was added by me in the edit! I'm finding the sound editing to be almost as much fun as the flying!

You can subscribe to sites like Epidemic Sound but I used Audacity and Youtube to grab all my sounds.
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules