HDR video mode
1788 9 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick87
lvl.2
Russia

Hi Dji!
The first version of Osmo Action has support for "HDR video" mode, are you planning to add such support to Osmo Action 3
There is an old video on your channel about this mode in Osmo Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2JcIgplELQ
2022-9-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

OA3 have HDR aswell
2022-9-20
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

We do not have the OA3 to test firsthand yet - but it is on order.  How did you invoke the HDR video mode setting?  On the OA2 there was no specific HDR setting.
2022-9-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 9-20 08:13
We do not have the OA3 to test firsthand yet - but it is on order.  How did you invoke the HDR video mode setting?  On the OA2 there was no specific HDR setting.

I probably get mine tomorrow so will check out, but I googled it and heard about it in videos
2022-9-20
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-20 12:38
I probably get mine tomorrow so will check out, but I googled it and heard about it in videos

So were you able to confirm there actually is the HDR mode in the OA3 - or excluded like the OA2?
2022-9-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 9-21 18:12
So were you able to confirm there actually is the HDR mode in the OA3 - or excluded like the OA2?

I could not find it in the menu, because it was not under QuickSwitch that is used to be. But will update you guys if/when I find it.
2022-9-21
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-21 23:55
I could not find it in the menu, because it was not under QuickSwitch that is used to be. But will update you guys if/when I find it.

In going through the owners manuals - both OA2 and OA3 do not mention HDR.  Only OA has this.  Probably not a huge deal anyways - as sometimes HDR can look over-processed.  Generally as long as highlights are not clipped - shadows can be brought up for more DR - using D-Cinelike.  Not optimal without full Log 10-Bit.  But usable so long as you closely monitor exposure.

2022-9-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I am actually not a fan of HDR since it is still not true HDR that I know from photography.
The reason it is not "true" HDR is because it need to take each frame with different exposure and it is hard to get it smooth with movement. And that is visible in motion from trees and other items in the footage.

The menu on OA3 compared to OA is about the same, a little different since with OA3 you mostly just click on items instead of dragging on screen.
2022-9-22
Use props
gyumesy
New

Japan

Looking forward to upgrade for 10-bit support
2022-9-23
Use props
Nick87
lvl.2
Russia

I hope they will add hdr, in some scenarios it will come in handy, and even better 10-bit hdr, with 4k30 support at least
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules