Impossible to update firmware
3999 13 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artista1981
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I just got a brand new DJI Osmo Action 3, which connects with app with no problem. I was able to activate the camera, but the firmware update is failing every time. Tried to reinstall the app, delete the cache, tried several sd cards and batteries, and let the camera cool down, no matter what is saying error when trying to update the firmware.

Tried different ios devices, the same issue in all of them.

Support didn't provide me with the firmware file to put in the sd card to manually update the firmware, wtf???
2022-9-20
Use props
fans621f3071
lvl.1

Germany

Same here, not able to update.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of your DJI Action 3 via the application? Kindly please make sure that you are connected to a network when initiating the update. Kindly please refer to the tutorial steps below and please start @3.46. If the issue still persists and the unit can't take firmware updates, please send us a screenshot of the error message or a short video during the attempt will be a great help. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-9-20
Use props
Artista1981
lvl.2

Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-20 19:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of your DJI Action 3 via the application? Kindly please make sure that you are connected to a network when initiating the update. Kindly please refer to the tutorial steps below and please start @3.46. If the issue still persists and the unit can't take firmware updates, please send us a screenshot of the error message or a short video during the attempt will be a great help. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZKLLG4OYR8

How do you think I tried to update the firmware so far? With magic? Of course I did that already hundreds times
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Artista1981 Posted at 9-20 21:53
How do you think I tried to update the firmware so far? With magic? Of course I did that already hundreds times

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us the screenshot of the error message so we can check it here on our end? A short video doing the update would be very helpful to us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

would u plz post any screenshot of the update fail message from app so that we can help with the solution.
2022-9-21
Use props
Artista1981
lvl.2

Ireland

Doesn’t matter anymore. Support issue a replacement. The camera has been shipped already back to DJI
2022-9-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I got mine today and had no problem updating the firmware, using newest Mimo for Android.
2022-9-21
Use props
Artista1981
lvl.2

United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 9-21 04:54
I got mine today and had no problem updating the firmware, using newest Mimo for Android.

Mine just was faulty apparently
2022-9-21
Use props
fans621f3071
lvl.1

Germany

Was able to update mine. But I had to use my spare iPhone 6s to do it! With any iPhone under iOS16 I was not able to update it!
2022-9-22
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-22
Use props
VitaminJ
lvl.1
Australia

Same boat. iOS 16, couldn't update. Ended up taking the SIM out of my shiny new phone and used the Android 11 phone we have spare at my workplace (related note - Mimo's not on the Play Store anymore? Had to download the APK). Upgrade worked via that.
2022-9-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_xTW2NVxOIXfw
lvl.1
United States

I bought a new DJI Action 2 from Amazon.  The first thing I did was try to update the firmware with my Android phone.  I kept getting an error around 50% "Error updating Firmware (-11000)".  I rebooted the camera, phone and app, and still got the error.  I cleared the app cache and data and tried again - same error.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Mimo App - same error.  I borrowed my daughter's iPhone and tried to update the firmware.  It looks like it downloads to the phone just fine, but the second part where it tried to connect to the camera to update the firmware failed at the 50% mark on the iPhone as well (it had a different error code).  After trying about 20 times to update the firmware, resetting the camera to factory defaults multiple times, trying different phones, etc. I gave up.

I packaged it up and am returning it to Amazon.  After Amazon refunds my money, I might try to order another one from Amazon, just in case this one was defective, but if I have more issues, then I will return the camera for good.  

What I don't understand is why DJIdoesn't have an alternate way of updating the firmware by downloading it and copying it to an SD card.  Almost every single electronic device in existence can update their firmware this way.  It just seems short-sighted that this isn't an option.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules