How can I make a flight over a road?
902 13 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterSaints
lvl.1

Portugal

Hey guys , sorry for my bad English
My boss want to take photos over a 7km road, and I don't know what is the specific plan flight to do, ( 2d photogrammetry 3d, etc) ( I just want 1 line)
Someone could explain to me?
2022-9-20
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

with just 1 line flight you will be (very) limited in terms of a photogrammetry solution. You should do at least, 3 lines over the road. There is a tool to make that kind of project in the sdk controller
2022-9-20
Use props
PeterSaints
lvl.1

Portugal

I don't want to do photogrammetry, I only want to make a video over a road, but not manually
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thank you for your inquiry.
We will confirm your needs with the relevant team to see how we can help you more.
Please don't worry.
Thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
You can select the linear flight mission in the GSR (on your smart remote controller) or pilot (SDK remote controller), draw the line shape that needs to be flown, and then execute the route mission after generating the route.
Thank you.
2022-9-21
Use props
PeterSaints
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-21 17:32
Update:
You can select the linear flight mission in the GSR (on your smart remote controller) or pilot (SDK remote controller), draw the line shape that needs to be flown, and then execute the route mission after generating the route.
Thank you.

Hello, that sounds good but when I generate flight route ,he always make me 3 lines, I just want one, only a line! its a7km line , I don't want to fly it 3 times
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for the update.
We have confirmed with the team, please note that from the perspective of route post-processing, a single route is not recommended, as this will lead to no way to obtain better aerial triangulation result. Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
Thank you.

2022-9-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol welcome to the merry-go-round.

" i want to do simple automated still image recording along a route"
"a single line of images isn't good for photogrammetry"
"i don't want to do photogrammetry, i just want a series of images"
"you can't do that but you can use a linear flight misson"
"but a linear flight mission makes 3 lines, i just want one"
"photogrammetry doesn't work well with just one line. it is not recommended"
"but..."
go to start.
2022-9-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi, I happen to do this kind of work sometimes, I have two ways to proceed in manual mode.1/ I fly over the road while recording a video. I extract the images from the video later. 2/Otherwise, still in manual mode, flying over the road, I activate the camera with an interval. In auto mode I use UGCS (Not sure you can do it if you have the screen integrated into the RC) there is a single corridor flight plan mode.
2022-9-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

patiam Posted at 9-25 14:56
lol welcome to the merry-go-round.

" i want to do simple automated still image recording along a route"

People are confused. It is sometimes difficult to conceive that we do not necessarily use photogrammetry software but raw images
2022-9-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ugcs wpt.jpg
UGCS looks like this. In this example the image capture interval is set at 5sec. It depends on altitude / flight speed / sensor size.
2022-9-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 9-25 23:33
[view_image]
UGCS looks like this. In this example the image capture interval is set at 5sec. It depends on altitude / flight speed / sensor size.

another useful thing about uGCS. Good to know!
2022-9-26
Use props
ryandavidson
lvl.1

Sweden

There is a waypoint flight option in GS Pro, use that.
2022-9-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ryandavidson Posted at 9-29 00:12
There is a waypoint flight option in GS Pro, use that.

If he has the screen integrated into the P4RTK radio control, there is no possibility of using GSpro. Only with Ipad. So you have to have an ipad, and the right version! not all are supported.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules