Support my Aerial Photography work!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Medevon
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hey everyone,
I'm starting an aerial photography business with my Phantom 3, and starting a Facebook page.
If you could like it, and even share it, it would be very much appreciated!
Thanks for your support!

https://facebook.com/upaerialimagery
2015-8-9
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Laws must be different in NZ, because in Aussie, you are not permitted to make any financial gain from an unregistered (under 2Kg) drone.
2015-8-9
Use props
Medevon
lvl.2
New Zealand

motoscoddie Posted at 2015-8-9 16:45
Laws must be different in NZ, because in Aussie, you are not permitted to make any financial gain fr ...

As far as I'm aware after reading the entire relevant law for UAVs, there isn't a law that covers what you said. Currently applying for UAV operator certificate as well.
2015-8-9
Use props
Medevon
lvl.2
New Zealand

Isn't a law that covers what you said in NZ I should say!
2015-8-9
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Actually there are new drone laws coming into Oz hopefully we will see some common sense from casa and allow flying fpv.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/0 ... ws-are-coming-soon/
2015-8-9
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Are you sure?
I could have sworn I read somewhere in these forums about another Kiwi that was having that exact problem about not being able to have financial gain unless registered/certified.
Can't find the post at the moment but if I do, I will link to it from this topic.
2015-8-9
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

Regardless of laws, I'm not going support it as I don't believe in profiting from spamming someone's website.  Maybe I am assuming you didn't pay DJI to advertise here.

I enjoy getting information about MY Phantom here, and maybe what others are doing for fun. Not someone trying to start businesses, of no interest to me.
2015-8-9
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-8-10 13:23
Are you sure?
I could have sworn I read somewhere in these forums about another Kiwi that was having ...

During the proposals / rewrite process there was a lot of confusion / miss-information about what the new rules would mean...

August 1 the new rules here in NZ came into place and there are no issues from using a UAV for commercial purposes without registration/certification within the same limits you can fly one for a hobby..  

Additionally if you want to fly outside the rules for all UAV's (which are not that onerous) you can apply to become a certified operator which is similar tot he Aussie process, ish, sorta...
2015-8-10
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

Just read an article about the laws in NZ.

What a pain in the but......
On August 1, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) introduced new rules which requires the remote pilots to request permission from property owners, or the person, namely council, in charge of any area they wish to fly over.
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules