DJI Avata firmware update from a Mac fails
2054 3 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

I cannot get DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series) to connect any device to my MacBookPro18,1 (M1, 2021, 16"). I tried the workaround suggested in this post, but
USB-A on a USB-C hub doesn't work for me. Using Ventura (MacOS 13.0) Beta, DJI Avata, DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) v.2.1.1.  I can access the onboard storage with a USB-C to USB-C cable, the volume auto mounts like any SD storage. But DJI Assistant 2 does not recognize anything plugged into any USB port, directly to USB-C/Thunderbolt nor via a hub with USB-A.

I tried the firmware update using DJI Fly on my iPhone (13 Pro Max, iOS 16.0) connected to the Goggles 2. It downloaded "DJI Avata firmware", telling me that the "aircraft is in low power state" and "wait for firmware update" but after download,  "Installing DJI Avata firmware failed."

I tried connecting the Avata to the iPhone running DJI Fly and it started to say "installing Firmware (2%)" then the overlay dissolved and disappeared. Avata battery is fully charged. Drone and Goggles 2 are connected and "aircraft is in low power state".  There is no cable connection icon above the "Connection Guide" button at the lower right of the screen as there was when connected to the Goggles 2.

Is there a stepwise guide to do this? The right order, the right devices, the right cables?  Just saying "here it is" to a new owner isn't helpful.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to uninstall the current version on your Mac and please reinstall the version shown on the link below? It seems that you are using a different version of DJI Assistant 2 and this might be the cause of the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-20
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

I will do that, thank you for the suggestion.
Might I return a suggestion: It seems like the menu pick "Firmware & Software" at the top of these forum pages return a list of search terms. Wouldn't it be better if it went to a page that actually listed the Firmware and Software available for download? How am I to know that I need an update? The app doesn't know it needs an update. I don't know that what I have is out of date.
2022-9-20
Use props
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

The update to v2.1.11 solved my issue. Thank you.
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules