No location info in pic and video metadata
1227 4 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff2145
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104564 ft
Australia

Whenever I take pictures or video with my iPhone 12 Pro, there is always location information (a map with pic location) in the pic or video's metadata. But when using my Osmo Mobile 3 and dji Mimo app, this info is not included. Can dji Mimo include location data in the metadata? Is there a setting that will enable location to be recorded in the metadata? It's very annoying when looking over old photos etc and not remembering exactly where the pic was taken and having no location info to show me.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. When the Osmo Mobile 3 is used with a mobile phone for capturing as a handheld device, no GPS information is recorded in the captured image or video.
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_c8Om4DjyzUAo
lvl.1

United States

That’s a huge deal breaker.  I might send all my stuff back.
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_lfsRdpAbXSe5
New
Austria

2024 checking in, problem is persisting. DJI OSMO Mobile 6 with iPhone 15 Pro.

Edit: it needs to be enabled in Settings->Privacy (not the shooting settings)
2-20 15:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_lfsRdpAbXSe5 Posted at 2-20 15:31
2024 checking in, problem is persisting. DJI OSMO Mobile 6 with iPhone 15 Pro.

Edit: it needs to be enabled in Settings->Privacy (not the shooting settings)

Hi, there.  The footage contains the position information only when the location permission in the DJI Mimo app and the GPS of the mobile phone is enabled. Photos can be checked via iPhone directly, however, as for the videos, a third-party website or app is needed to parse the video information. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-22 02:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules