Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro and D-Cinelike Files Using Apple's iMovie
3482 3 2022-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YouDrone LV
lvl.1

United States

A newbie, I followed the suggestion of a YouTube video and began recording my Mini 3 Pro drone shots using D-Cinelike format. Then when I went to edit them using Apple's iMovie, I find those files grayed out and not available to load into the editor app. I also find, when using the Apple finder, I'm also unable to open them, using QuickTime Player or another similar app Supreme Player Lite, which does work when shot in normal Color Mode.

I'm intending to upgrade to Apple's Final Cut editing software in the near-future, and am sure these D-Cinelike files would work with it. But, meanwhile, what can I do, if anything, to access and edit these files using iMovie?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
2022-9-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can convert them back to h264 with handbrake but remember that they will be very desaturated as they are designed to be edited in post product.  Final cut can process D-cinelike just fine.
2022-9-21
Use props
YouDrone LV
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-21 00:42
You can convert them back to h264 with handbrake but remember that they will be very desaturated as they are designed to be edited in post product.  Final cut can process D-cinelike just fine.

Thank you. I’m wondering, after conversion, if iMovie will be able to do a decent job of color correcting the images?
2022-9-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

YouDrone LV Posted at 9-21 11:19
Thank you. I’m wondering, after conversion, if iMovie will be able to do a decent job of color correcting the images?

The conversion back to h264 will loose some of the information thats in the file.  
2022-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules