Is there a real difference in picture quality?
579 0 2022-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Looking back at photos and videos I have taken with the P3P and Mavic pro over the years (since 2016) the drone tech has changed a lot and for the better. However, I wonder about the picture quality of the Mavic 3 pro compared with the original Mavic. With a 48 mp sensor, dimensionaly larger too I believe on the M3P, I would expect the sort of difference between a simple point and shoot to a full frame in comparison. No, I don't mean the little drone camera compared to a full frame mirrorless. Someone is bound to missread that.

The reason I raise the question is because of a failing battery in a TOR samsung 12mp smart phone, I tried several of the latest 48 - 50 mp smartphones including the iPhone 13 pro. I was shocked at the dreadful picture quality of the new phones.
I did a comparison shot for shot using the new phones with a 12mp S9+ and an ancient 8mp Samsung J7 which I keep solely for use with the drone.
After zooming in, they were all similar in image clarity.
Pretty poor results in my view.
So, if you are happy with your old drone, is there any real incentive to upgrade to the M3P? Obviously, if this is your first drone the M3P seems a great drone to buy.

What are your honest views?
2022-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules